• Show
Clear All

• Thelakerman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

He's only getting paid because he signed the contract first. You have to be good enough to get paid 90k for something and THEN say something stupid enough to get you fired.
    True that.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

What a complete waste of money. I'll say stupid things for 90k too, where do I sign up? I mean, I do it right now for free.
    He's only getting paid because he signed the contract first. You have to be good enough to get paid 90k for something and THEN say something stupid enough to get you fired.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

It would appear to be a good business decision really. Everyone wipes their hands of this mess and moves on. I wonder if Mr Berger will have many schools looking at him after this or if it is going to take some time to let this blow over. Neither side wins in a mess like this but I go GVSU did the right thing in the long run.
    What a complete waste of money. I'll say stupid things for 90k too, where do I sign up? I mean, I do it right now for free.

Leave a comment:

• lakerblue
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	483918
    according to this tweet- GVSU could probably have been looking for more than an OC if MSU didn't go with Mel Tucker.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Aunt Peg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
    Just saw this while I was looking for signing day news

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ts/4654669002/

Long story short: It's to cover salary and lost benefits, didn't come from tuition dollars, no one admits fault, and eliminates the possibility of legal action by either party.
    It would appear to be a good business decision really. Everyone wipes their hands of this mess and moves on. I wonder if Mr Berger will have many schools looking at him after this or if it is going to take some time to let this blow over. Neither side wins in a mess like this but I go GVSU did the right thing in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Just saw this while I was looking for signing day news

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ts/4654669002/

Long story short: It's to cover salary and lost benefits, didn't come from tuition dollars, no one admits fault, and eliminates the possibility of legal action by either party.

Leave a comment:

• Thelakerman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

We'll see if the Lanthorn editor has the ba!!s to publish that info. After all, inquiring minds want to know.
    I'm not all that interested in who the who is. It's a systemic issue. Any one individual is only going along with the broader cultural structure that is in place.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

"Back in my day you couldn't get fired for being a dumbass."
    Basically the attitude of many. Society is soft now because racism, sexism, and bigotry is no longer tolerated. Oh the humanity!

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied
    "Back in my day you couldn't get fired for being a dumbass."

Leave a comment:

• 4nick8
    replied
    Originally posted by tip79 View Post
    I suppose we will never know who in the athletic department put the pressure on to remove the Hitler portion of the interview.
    We'll see if the Lanthorn editor has the ba!!s to publish that info. After all, inquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• Thelakerman
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Where I come from you would just get canned for saying stuff like that. I wouldn't have any sympathy for him if that is his fate. In fact, I'm not sure how a public university is going to be able to retain him. "Too PC" - Wow!

Leave a comment:

• Jim McElwain
    replied
    Originally posted by tip79 View Post
    I suppose we will never know who in the athletic department put the pressure on to remove the Hitler portion of the interview.
    I suppose the answer is right in front of us...

Leave a comment:

• HeftyLefty
    replied
    day?
    How does anyone think that MM could have any idea of what this guy would say in an interview like that. You are reaching here...even the University said in their background checks there were not signs of any issues. The guy made a serious mistake in judgement and he is gone. I would say good for MM for not trying to save the guy that would be an issue going forward. Wish Berger the best with his career but you cant fault MM for this one...

aunt peg... unfortunately in this unpredictable profession that's how it goes.... MM would have no idea something so bonehead would take place... but a reflection of his hire. Which case in point why the dept tried to cover it up... which also if they were looking to get rid of the dude this would be their "out"

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X