X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Do you think the coaching staff believes Cole's performance wasn't up to par?
    I think they believe none of the QB's were up to par. There just wasn't much consistency. I suspect Barko did what he needed, but I don't think he had the chance. AND I'm not saying that he should have had a better chance either.

The WR's being in and out didn't help, but they weren't throwing the balls. I don't have inside info, but after those early season pics, Cole just looked to be too cautious. I'm not sure he ever broke out of it. And then there were games where guys were open and the QB (Cade and Cole) didn't even see them. And pick your game, I bet we all can point to a bunch of "why did he do thats."

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

When was the last time GV had a fairly vanilla QB performance with younger quality backups on the roster? I'm not saying that Cole should be benched or Cade or someone else will start over Cole. I am saying that it is not a lock. There are more variables than ever about the QB. Some are on Cole's mindset to return and no spring ball. Others are on improvements from others or (low probability IMO) a brand new face. Finally, a brand new OC can be the biggest wild card. So, no, it's no lock.

You seem to take a definitive route IMO, so I'll take the fanboy route. If Cole starts, it'll be because he's the better talent behind center.

As for transfers, there may also be a new stud WR on the roster next season. We'll see how school goes first. And almost without saying, with the schedule, the first month of the season will say a ton.
    Do you think the coaching staff believes Cole's performance wasn't up to par?

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

Logic.

When was the last time GV benched a QB who started the entire season before, not due to injury? There's zero chance he isn't starting week one in 2020 if he's on the roster. This coaching staff wouldn't do that. They're not going to throw a 1.5-year starter out of the spot as a senior. There's no chance.
    When was the last time GV had a fairly vanilla QB performance with younger quality backups on the roster? I'm not saying that Cole should be benched or Cade or someone else will start over Cole. I am saying that it is not a lock. There are more variables than ever about the QB. Some are on Cole's mindset to return and no spring ball. Others are on improvements from others or (low probability IMO) a brand new face. Finally, a brand new OC can be the biggest wild card. So, no, it's no lock.

You seem to take a definitive route IMO, so I'll take the fanboy route. If Cole starts, it'll be because he's the better talent behind center.

As for transfers, there may also be a new stud WR on the roster next season. We'll see how school goes first. And almost without saying, with the schedule, the first month of the season will say a ton.

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied

That should help hopefully!

Upon looking him up, I also saw this from a former Ball State player:

He's a running back, though, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get with everyone else there. He apparently played some slot WR, though, which would be a need.
    The have a transfers at WR from Ind State (not a slot thou), OL from Minn and S from DuPage as well.
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 12-31-2019, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Devin Haney. Northern Illinois.
    That should help hopefully!

Upon looking him up, I also saw this from a former Ball State player:

He's a running back, though, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get with everyone else there. He apparently played some slot WR, though, which would be a need.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Devin Haney. Northern Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    GV has a really good transfer corner coming in.
    I haven't heard anything about this. Do we have a name yet?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Alabama and Florida both switched QB's due to injury to the starter. Jalen Hurts got injured, so Tua came in, performed well, and Jalen transferred. Feleipe Franks got hurt, Kyle Trask came in, and now Franks is probably transferring. They didn't bench them due to ineffectiveness except for last year's title game for Alabama when Hurts was garbage in the first half.

Leave a comment:

• Thelakerman
    replied

Logic.

When was the last time GV benched a QB who started the entire season before, not due to injury? There's zero chance he isn't starting week one in 2020 if he's on the roster. This coaching staff wouldn't do that. They're not going to throw a 1.5-year starter out of the spot as a senior. There's no chance.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So tell, us, how do you know this? Heck, we won't even know this at spring since he has to sit out. Odds are that the QB spot is open than it being already determined at this point. And the concussion issue could also be on his mind.
    Logic.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

We have a returning senior QB. He's going to start. Ergo, we're going to be limited on offense.
    So tell, us, how do you know this? Heck, we won't even know this at spring since he has to sit out. Odds are that the QB spot is open than it being already determined at this point. And the concussion issue could also be on his mind.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    GV has a really good transfer corner coming in.

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    I mean he has started for 1.5 seasons now. It feels like there isn't much more improvement to be had.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 12-30-2019, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X