X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <>

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      Just finished watching a replay of the game. I was trying to gage Ferris, they're obviously a great team but it seems GV made it easier than it should have been.
      exactly - they committed to many mistakes and xerris took advantage - good for them but you can't win giving the ball away all day

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Really? - in what way? - thanks
        TIME OUT!!!???

Comment

• Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post

Ferris should move up
          lol probably don't want that.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Really? - in what way? - thanks

Comment

• If you can't beat them maybe you should take their coach. I'm sure you can pay him more, have you guys considered hiring Annese?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Agreed, he does a great job running things here.
                Thank you.

Comment

If you can't beat them maybe you should take their coach. I'm sure you can pay him more, have you guys considered hiring Annese?
                  Let's just say, GV won't ever hire TA. Period. And think about it. TA is a dang good HC as it pertains to the actual game. And if so, why is he still at FSU after all these seasons? I won't bag him on a board, but one might want to check some closets. Could be a skeleton or more.. and even some newer ones in there.

Comment

• Mitchell is exactly what you need if your goal is underachieving and mediocrity

He's dominated northwood and wayne state though so we should endure another decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Let's just say, GV won't ever hire TA. Period. And think about it. TA is a dang good HC as it pertains to the actual game. And if so, why is he still at FSU after all these seasons? I won't bag him on a board, but one might want to check some closets. Could be a skeleton or more.. and even some newer ones in there.
                      I see an incident where he lost his temper, shook a player and punched two others on their pads. The most egregious thing was that it seems he didn't understand what he did wrong. You didn't say anything but from hanging around the GLIAC Forum it seems that some believe that he runs a sort of last chance program for the highly talented. If there are these kinds of issues, then maybe the price of that kind of success is too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        Thinking long term, I see Ferris and VSU in a rematch at McKinney.
                        Maybe maybe not.

Comment

If you can't beat them maybe you should take their coach. I'm sure you can pay him more, have you guys considered hiring Annese?
                          LMAO, if you can't beat em, try and take their coach...that would be classic GV (I think they actually did that with Wayne St O line coach). Actually TA/MM salary is pretty much the same. They would love to have TA, but he wouldn't fit in there. He's not the kind of guy that consumes spritzers and cheese cubes when watching a football game.

Comment

• Congratulations to Ferris as they outplayed Grand Valley and outcoached Matt Mitchel and his staff. The Grand Valley faithful should consider these factors going forward;

1. Matt's wife has family in Grand Rapids area and does not want to relocate out of the area.
                            2. Over the past 6-7 years Matt's performance has diminished his marketability
                            3. Current President of GV is not really concerned with the performance of the Football program and in fact embraces it as a model of long term success as she focusses on the continued wokeness of the university.
                            4. The current AD at GV has no leadership skills and has no idea the damage being done to the athletic program and the GLIAC conference where GV is no longer considered a leader.
                            5. We are saddled with Matt Mitchell until he retires or the football program has multiple consecutive years with a losing record. Mediocrity is beautiful.

Comment

I see an incident where he lost his temper, shook a player and punched two others on their pads. The most egregious thing was that it seems he didn't understand what he did wrong. You didn't say anything but from hanging around the GLIAC Forum it seems that some believe that he runs a sort of last chance program for the highly talented. If there are these kinds of issues, then maybe the price of that kind of success is too high.
                              He's mostly stayed out of the spotlight since going to Ferris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post
                                Congratulations to Ferris as they outplayed Grand Valley and outcoached Matt Mitchel and his staff. The Grand Valley faithful should consider these factors going forward;

1. Matt's wife has family in Grand Rapids area and does not want to relocate out of the area.
                                2. Over the past 6-7 years Matt's performance has diminished his marketability
                                3. Current President of GV is not really concerned with the performance of the Football program and in fact embraces it as a model of long term success as she focusses on the continued wokeness of the university.
                                4. The current AD at GV has no leadership skills and has no idea the damage being done to the athletic program and the GLIAC conference where GV is no longer considered a leader.
                                5. We are saddled with Matt Mitchell until he retires or the football program has multiple consecutive years with a losing record. Mediocrity is beautiful.
                                GV is still the best athletics program in the conference and the country. Football is not the be-all-end-all of the athletic program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X