Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Valdosta vs #1 Ferris

And then there were 2...

This is a Pick em' in my book. External factors could play a big role in who has the advantage..weather, injuries, COVID (hopefully not), etc.

On paper, it really comes down to what you like. The Valdosta spread n' shred or Ferris' ground and pound. Which QB will have the biggest impact? Which defense will be able to hold up? May come down to 1 or 2 coaching decisions. Turnovers are always in play.

Last game of the year. Don't hold back. Watcha' thinkin?

Massey has Ferris as a 4.5-point favorite. This is nowhere close to a pick'em. It would be an epic failure if Ferris doesn't win this game.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Speaking of weather. The Weather Channel has thunderstorms on Thursday and Friday with showers on Saturday. Everybody better pack their rain gear!

VSU has already played in the rain this year - the Albany State game. Had a 2 hour lightning delay with game starting a 9pm. The whole came except for the 4th quarter was played in torrential downpour.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ferris is going to B-Slap Valdosta

Comment

Yea, FSU I think is on an all time level right now. Ferris State wins 42-20.

Comment

If they hold Valdosta to 20 points, they must have a great defense. Valdosta can score quickly. The offense has several of the same players from 2018. The quarterback played some, both running backs, and both top receivers, plus their offensive line leads d2 with only giving up 2 sacks. No slouch. The offensive line, like Ferris average over 300 pounds. So my hats off to Ferris, if they can do that.

Comment

I would not underestimate Valdosta. They will give Ferris a game. I think it may come down to the officiating. The last time the teams played Valdosta had to play against the officials and Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                Massey has Ferris as a 4.5-point favorite. This is nowhere close to a pick'em. It would be an epic failure if Ferris doesn't win this game.
                I bet you a dollar massey only says that because Ferris beat Northwest Missouri

Comment

According Vegas odds, 3 to 7 point favorites only win 64% of the time in college football. Don't think massey ratings would be much different. But apparently something with a 36% chance of happening is an "epic failure".

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

According Vegas odds, 3 to 7 point favorites only win 64% of the time in college football. Don't think massey ratings would be much different. But apparently something with a 36% chance of happening is an "epic failure".
                    I agree. I dont know how you use -4.5 as your source then say its an epic failure if they lose. Valdosta is a great team with a ton of tradition and talented players. I wouldnt be surprised if they came out and won the game. If I had to pick I would go with FSU but itll be a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

It would be an epic failure if Ferris can't win the title with their #1 QB. They should be winning the title easily with their #3 QB.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

It would be an epic failure if Ferris can't win the title with their #1 QB. They should be winning the title easily with their #3 QB.
                        Sounds like we can just cancel the game and give FSU the trophy then. Why even play if it's going to be such a one-sided beatdown, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Sounds like we can just cancel the game and give FSU the trophy then. Why even play if it's going to be such a one-sided beatdown, right?
                          Maybe mines was better than I thought, but Ferris O Line, and D line looked far better than CO Mines. Plust Bernhardt looked a lot better.

Comment

As strong as Ferris is, I would rather play them than Colorada Mines. We have trouble with disciplined teams that play keep away from you. We do best against teams that go full blast at us. That way we have more looks at the ball. Our defense is usually good enough for a few stops. Much like how we played Ferris in 2018.

Comment

LOL....Guys don't drink the kool aid. This is an evenly matched game. As VSUfootballfan stated, this is basically the same set of skill position people from 2018 that threw the ball all over the field on us. Their oline is better and their QB is the biggest dual threat in D2. Shepherd receivers got behind our DBs continuously and VSU got some dudes...I mean legit 4.3 dudes.

If it is a wet and rainy day, then whoever can capitalize on turnovers will probably win this game. The less we pass the ball, the better. We need to turn into Harding and shorten the game when we have the ball.

Screw Massey, they had us losing to NWMS and I believe GV in our first match up. I think this game will come down to the last minute like last game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X