Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundle up on Saturday. Rain is no longer in the forecast however, day time high will be 52 and overnight temps will be 28. That's cold to us VSU fans.

We've been the under dog in almost ever Championship game except possibly one. Of those we've won all but one, our first against Grand Valley. If I were a betting man, I'd never bet against VSU, as we usually find a way to win.

Both our passing game as well as running game have been equally effective. We have a very fast and elusive QB who has only been sacked twice on the season and can also stretch the field with the deep ball. He has two very fast and capable receivers, as well as two running backs who can carry the load. When a team has tried to take away either the run or passing game, VSU has no problem changing to the run game. Our problem is we typically score so fast that tlour defense doesn't have much time to rest.

My concern will be ourcsbility to contain the QB on the keeper plays, and turn overs. There are aspects of this team that are not as good as our last Championship team and some that are even better. IMO we have more dept than most teams and I like our coaches ability to make in game adjustments. I wish we were better at milking the clock with a lead.

Comment

Comment

I know Ferris's offensive line is good. VSU has a very good one too. They have only given up 2 sacks all year. In case you didn't know, Colorada Mines has the most sacks in d2 52. They got 0 against VSU.

Comment

The people on this board said that VSU wouldn't be able to stop Germaine Race...

Comment

This is not a swipe at FSU's QB, but the posts about an "elusive QB" are cracking me up. What do you think VSU sees every day in practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
              This is not a swipe at FSU's QB, but the posts about an "elusive QB" are cracking me up. What do you think VSU sees every day in practice?
              Ivory Durham is not Jared Bernhardt.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Lol KleShreen just doing everything he can to will a Valdosta victory.
                Look, if you do not think these two teams are incredibly evenly matched then you are looking at this through Bias-Filled glasses.

These are two of the 3 (West Florida) best teams in the country by FAR and this should be a heck of a game. There isn't an underdog here, these are two great football programs going at it.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJqYaf6gT8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tw3YRtgcFs
                  Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-16-2021, 11:40 AM.
                  <>

Comment

I agree, Durham can throw receivers open downfield

Comment

Didn't Durham play receiver when Rogan was playing QB?

Comment

You are correct. Durham is a much better passer.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                          Didn't Durham play receiver when Rogan was playing QB?
                          ...and RB, and he returned kicks.

Comment

You are correct. Durham is a much better passer.
                            You specifically mentioned elusiveness.

Comment

You specifically mentioned elusiveness.
                              He's only been sacked twice this season. He has over 1000 yards rushing and over 3000 yards passing.

In previous seasons when Wells was here, Durham got time at WR, RB, and returning kicks.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0-Cv-3wRY

Comment

He's only been sacked twice this season. He has over 1000 yards rushing and over 3000 yards passing.

In previous seasons when Wells was here, Durham got time at WR, RB, and returning kicks.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0-Cv-3wRY
                                He's not Jared Bernhardt in terms of elusiveness. Sorry.

I'm not arguing about passing ability. I'm just addressing your specifically mentioning elusiveness. Can disagree on it if you want.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X