X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Is there really anything to discuss? We all know how it's going to play out at this point, right? Difference will be one score, and it'll be something on special teams or a turnover.
    Oh, weird. Nailed it.

The punt inside your own 10 with Cade Peterson, which predictably ended up in a block, was the difference. Indefensible, really.

Not to mention the replay showed Mylik Mitchell fumble on his way in to the end zone. But oh well.

Leave a comment:

• tip79
    replied
    Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Anybody. There is no d2 program in the country with more advantages than GVSU. None. That's why we won four championships in five years with two different coaches and two different quarterbacks. Who else has done that? NDSU is the closest and they've dominated d1aa since they moved up.

If GVSU is serious about football they need to fire Mitchell within the next five minutes and bring in the coach from Davenport. They'd win the national championship next year if they did. But they won't. Instead they will underachieve until Mitchell retires
    I agree with hiring Sparky McEwen fro Davenport. Maybe not a NC in the first year, but definitely within 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    For what it's worth, I am thoroughly enjoying the agony you Allendalers are going through. I might even send an anonymous letter to your school president detailing how impressed I am of how hard the Lakers football teams play under Mitchell, and that he is the right man for the future of the program going forward.
    Send the letter. Maybe they'll listen to a classy guy like yourself. They're certainly not listening to results

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    Tony Annese is good at football
    He's a great coach no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Tony Annese is good at football

Leave a comment:

• GVLakerFan24
    replied
    This was definitely the best team since the team that lost in the semis with Bart and Marty Carter. And it sure seemed like they were the better team for 3 and a half quarters today. Hard to believe that after dominating the whole game that the D couldn’t get off the field on one of those 4th down plays on Ferris’s tying td drive (and then giving up several huge plays to set up the fg). But tip you hat to Ferris. They made the big plays when they needed to. Meanwhile our offense had so many 3 and outs and stalled drives that killed us

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    For what it's worth, I am thoroughly enjoying the agony you Allendalers are going through. I might even send an anonymous letter to your school president detailing how impressed I am of how hard the Lakers football teams play under Mitchell, and that he is the right man for the future of the program going forward.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    From a team standpoint, do you think this was the best chance at GV getting a NC over the last few years or were there better teams?
    Gv hasn't had a legitimate chance to win the championship since Mitchell took over. But yes this would have been their best chance. After a couple of three loss seasons over the next few years we will once again go undefeated or Maybe one loss and will lose in the quarter finals or if we're lucky the semifinals. It's been our cycle for a decade and a half

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    I cannot understand why the offense stopped calling all the pass plays that finally got us moving the ball down the field in the second quarter. How many times do you need to run a jet sweep for -5 yards to realize it’s not working?
    I imagine the halftime speech going something like this:
    Mitchell: “Great job out there, guys! We dominated every facet of the game. Now, everything that worked for the offense in the first half? Scrap it. We’re doing jet sweeps for negative yardage until the fans’ eyes bleed. Now go out there and show them we have no idea wtf we’re doing!”

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    From a team standpoint, do you think this was the best chance at GV getting a NC over the last few years or were there better teams?

Leave a comment:

• GVLakerFan24
    replied
    I cannot understand why the offense stopped calling all the pass plays that finally got us moving the ball down the field in the second quarter. How many times do you need to run a jet sweep for -5 yards to realize it’s not working?

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post
    Laker fans need to take a chill pill. They have bigger issues for next season. The woke president of GVSU is going to eliminate night games and reduce the time for tailgating to 30 minutes to help save the planet.
    Thats why I'll never give a dime to my alma mater. Even the universities which began because of conservative dollars have turned into progressive insane asylums.

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Laker fans need to take a chill pill. They have bigger issues for next season. The woke president of GVSU is going to eliminate night games and reduce the time for tailgating to 30 minutes to help save the planet.
    1. Woke isn’t the insult you want it to be.
    2. Since when is she scrapping night games and limiting tailgating to 30 minutes? If that happens, I’d say fire her ass immediately.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Anyone one heard from Kle?
    None of the Mitchell apologists have spoken. Congrats on the win even though it was never in doubt. I'm sure you'll carry the GLIAC flag to another championship.

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied
    Probably start handing out participation trophies as well. Losers!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X