Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post

Okay so it may be a 4 team race lol but those 2 schools are pretty great at football
    Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

That would be their ideal. The OVC is not a good conference.
      It's not a good geographic fit either. Better on the budget when youre a low to mid major like GVSU/Lindenwood

OVC Map below.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-OVC-Map.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	743314

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        East side stands are easily the best way to go to increase stadium capacity right now. Plus, I believe that in the past there's been plans of putting the visiting locker rooms over there either behind or under the seating there. Would help to prevent the issue of two teams having to cross each other when heading to the locker rooms. Its kinda shameful that guys can't just be cool about it, but its a passionate game, and well, preventing teams from crossing would do a lot in general in preventing issues.
        Its only really an issue when one team comes to town and thats it...maybe bring in extra secruity for that game or ask the admin to get the guys under control and their is no issue on the field. Locker room trashing will be the same with the one team no matter where you place them, they have done it all over not GVSU. Bad boys syndrome. When you win you can do anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

It's not a good geographic fit either. Better on the budget when youre a low to mid major like GVSU/Lindenwood

OVC Map below.....

Neither is the Missouri Valley but its way ahead of the OVC.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

OVC Map below.....

GVSU being in the OVC would suck. However, I live in Nashville, and selfishly I'd be for it just so I could watch GVSU @ TSU

Comment

While the OVC is not a good conference, it may be needed to get us into D1. Once there, there’s room for movement once we’ve established ourselves. We’ll see what shakes out. Ideally, MVC/Horizon would happen, but we need to keep our options open.

Comment

Just hoping they plan on being part of at least the D2 natty game for the first time in nearly 20 years. Is that in there somewhere? Don't want that SR1 power to come between that and their goals. If GVSU is a football power they should be able to compete for D2 championships the last 20 years. /bait

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  Just hoping they plan on being part of at least the D2 natty game for the first time in nearly 20 years. Is that in there somewhere? Don't want that SR1 power to come between that and their goals. If GVSU is a football power they should be able to compete for D2 championships the last 20 years. /bait
                  Wholeheartedly agree. TBH, why some people out here are so gung-ho about GV going D1 continues to elude me. We're right were we should be, and unless the NCAA landscape changes somehow there's no benefit for us to move to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Wholeheartedly agree. TBH, why some people out here are so gung-ho about GV going D1 continues to elude me. We're right were we should be, and unless the NCAA landscape changes somehow there's no benefit for us to move to D1.
                    Agreed

Comment

The OVC just added Western Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                        The OVC just added Western Illinois.
                        GVSU makes 12? That would make a nice number, would also make 8 football playing members.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

GVSU makes 12? That would make a nice number, would also make 8 football playing members.
                          The nearest in-conference opponent for GV would still be a 5-hour bus ride away. That's nuts.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The nearest in-conference opponent for GV would still be a 5-hour bus ride away. That's nuts.
                            True... then look at MTU and NMU. Lake Superior isn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

True... then look at MTU and NMU. Lake Superior isn't much better.
                              Apples and Oranges. We have choices/options...Tech, NMU, and LSSU, not so much.

Tech and NMU are where they are and kinda have to roll with their best option. I'm with Kle...why would we CHOOSE to go to a format where our nearest conference or FCS foe would be five hours away? Why would we CHOOSE to spend craptons more $, get clobbered in all of our other sports, and make it so our fans travel less than they already do? We can CHOOSE to stay where we are and have half of our annual roadies be three hours or less. We can CHOOSE to stay where we are and have weekends like we are now where both golf teams are going to nationals, lacrosse is going to the Final Four, W's & M's T&F will undoubtedly go to nationals for the 20th+ straight year, and softball is rolling to yet another Super Regional. The vast majority of that sails away if we CHOOSE to want to travel like Tech and NMU do.

Can't for the life of me figure out why we would CHOOSE a more expensive option that provides less value to the University and our student-athletes. Just because some of our conference mates currently deal with tougher travel hardly means we should want that for ourselves when we would have make a conscious choice for it to be so.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Apples and Oranges. We have choices/options...Tech, NMU, and LSSU, not so much.

Tech and NMU are where they are and kinda have to roll with their best option. I'm with Kle...why would we CHOOSE to go to a format where our nearest conference or FCS foe would be five hours away? Why would we CHOOSE to spend craptons more $, get clobbered in all of our other sports, and make it so our fans travel less than they already do? We can CHOOSE to stay where we are and have half of our annual roadies be three hours or less. We can CHOOSE to stay where we are and have weekends like we are now where both golf teams are going to nationals, lacrosse is going to the Final Four, W's & M's T&F will undoubtedly go to nationals for the 20th+ straight year, and softball is rolling to yet another Super Regional. The vast majority of that sails away if we CHOOSE to want to travel like Tech and NMU do.

Can't for the life of me figure out why we would CHOOSE a more expensive option that provides less value to the University and our student-athletes. Just because some of our conference mates currently deal with tougher travel hardly means we should want that for ourselves when we would have make a conscious choice for it to be so.
                                I agree...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X