Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Did they post pictures of the GV tight end getting tackled with the ball in the air, in the endzone? Or no?
    It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. It’s a hard pill to swallow, but it gets easier once you come to terms with it. You were so positive you saw a fumble. At this point, one has to consider bias coming into play. It’s evident you see what you want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. It’s a hard pill to swallow, but it gets easier once you come to terms with it. You were so positive you saw a fumble. At this point, one has to consider bias coming into play. It’s evident you see what you want to see.
      You didn't answer my question. Why do the GV fans have to "be wrong sometimes" but you don't have to acknowledge the blatant tackle of a receiver in the endzone with the ball coming to them? Where's the pictures of that? The acknowledgement of that?

Oh, wait. Let me guess. Even if GV had 1st and goal from the 1, they wouldn't have scored anyway, right?
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

no acknowledgement of the correct call on the "fumble" though? we can cross that one off the list.
        It was not a fumble. (Although the ball has obviously already moved by this point, considering the orientation of the ball in that picture) (Also no mention of the blatant holding directly in the foreground of the photo lol)

Comment

You didn't answer my question. Why do the GV fans have to "be wrong sometimes" but you don't have to acknowledge the blatant tackle of a receiver in the endzone with the ball coming to them? Where's the pictures of that? The acknowledgement of that?

Oh, wait. Let me guess. Even if GV had 1st and goal from the 1, they wouldn't have scored anyway, right?
          What is there for me to be wrong about? I Haven’t made a proclamation about any of it. That’s the difference. And was watching an iPad of a bad stream. I can’t say one way or another. I’m positive officials missed some calls. For and against both sides.

And the burden of proof lies on you. I brought mine to the table. You go find the pictures if you want to prove me wrong about something I Didn’t claim.

Comment

fans don't. but you said the incorrect call on the fumble was one of the specific insurmountable things that your team faced. or something to that effect. i didn't get to see the game, because i am cheap, what quarter did the endzone interference no-call happen in? i honestly don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

What is there for me to be wrong about? I Haven’t made a proclamation about any of it. That’s the difference. And was watching an iPad of a bad stream. I can’t say one way or another. I’m positive officials missed some calls. For and against both sides.

And the burden of proof lies on you. I brought mine to the table. You go find the pictures if you want to prove me wrong about something I Didn’t claim.

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

fans don't. but you said the incorrect call on the fumble was one of the specific insurmountable things that your team faced. or something to that effect. i didn't get to see the game, because i am cheap, what quarter did the endzone interference no-call happen in? i honestly don't know.
              Here you go. Pretty wild non-call considering the crew called pass interference on the third play of the game, when a Harding receiver was diving out of bounds without anyone touching him.

Last edited by KleShreen; 12-05-2023, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Here you go.

I guess it could be called yes. But you’re wading into rough waters here. Remember you saying the obvious hold on the non fumble? That can be done nearly every play. Particularly when a team is outmatched by a DL and QB is scrambling. But, again, nobody here made the proclamation it wasn’t PI.

Comment

Here you go. Pretty wild non-call considering the crew called pass interference on the third play of the game, when a Harding receiver was diving out of bounds without anyone touching him.

does look like a bad call. but this was in the first half correct? or am i thinking of a different play?

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerDad
                    Yes, Greenman, it was near the end of the first half. GV settled for a FG. I, for one, will not be blaming the refs. GV had multiple opportunities to run more with Reid, to throw shorter passes, to try throwing more in the middle of the field, and to show some creativity in the offense and not on 4th and 12 on a fake punt. That's on GV.
                    Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerDad
                      Yes, Greenman, it was near the end of the first half. GV settled for a FG. I, for one, will not be blaming the refs. GV had multiple opportunities to run more with Reid, to throw shorter passes, to try throwing more in the middle of the field, and to show some creativity in the offense and not on 4th and 12 on a fake punt. That's on GV.
                      i appreciate the info, if the "fumble" had been a fumble and missed, it would have been huge, given it was in the 4th quarter. i just have trouble caring too much about a play called when there is an entire half after it to play. either way, i got the info i wanted, good luck next year to you guys. I look forward to the next time the bearcats and lakers meet on the field. it's usually a pretty good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

i appreciate the info, if the "fumble" had been a fumble and missed, it would have been huge, given it was in the 4th quarter. i just have trouble caring too much about a play called when there is an entire half after it to play. either way, i got the info i wanted, good luck next year to you guys. I look forward to the next time the bearcats and lakers meet on the field. it's usually a pretty good game.
                        You realize a touchdown in the 2nd quarter is worth the same as a touchdown in the 4th quarter? And that in a game with limited possessions and elite defenses, any touchdown is pretty important, no matter when it happens? A touchdown in the 2nd quarter instead of a FG, giving GV a 10-0 halftime lead, changes the entire second half for Harding.

Comment

You realize a touchdown in the 2nd quarter is worth the same as a touchdown in the 4th quarter? And that in a game with limited possessions and elite defenses, any touchdown is pretty important, no matter when it happens? A touchdown in the 2nd quarter instead of a FG, giving GV a 10-0 halftime lead, changes the entire second half for Harding.
                          yeah i get all that. still had 30 minutes after that play that the game is wide open. if a missed call in the first half sealed the deal so be it.

Comment

You’re such a damn crybaby. You got beat, your season is over. Deal with it. You talk about penalties? There was awful holding by GVSU and I mean awful as is tackling defenders and dragging them to the ground not to mention they must have felt sorry for your center after a while because he had a viable snap infraction almost every single play. Call those and you would t have sniffed the endzone in the first place. Calls go both ways. They are never perfect for either team. You obviously never played the game because as a player you never leave a game in the refs hands. Move the hell on.

Comment

I was looking at stats today and noticed GV was only 2 for 12 on third down conversions vs Harding. Lower than I thought it was going to be so I went and looked at the 3rd down conversions vs PIT. 3 for 11. Then I went and checked the Mines total - 1 of 13. First game and last 2. A total of 6 third down conversions - in 3 games. Refs must have had it out for the Lakers all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bisonfan1 View Post

You’re such a damn crybaby. You got beat, your season is over. Deal with it. You talk about penalties? There was awful holding by GVSU and I mean awful as is tackling defenders and dragging them to the ground not to mention they must have felt sorry for your center after a while because he had a viable snap infraction almost every single play. Call those and you would t have sniffed the endzone in the first place. Calls go both ways. They are never perfect for either team. You obviously never played the game because as a player you never leave a game in the refs hands. Move the hell on.
                                We were all moved on until you people decided to come in to this GLIAC section and start **** again lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X