Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU @ Harding

So what's gonna happen? Here's hoping the linebackers play solid assignment football, and stop the dive first and foremost lol. Easier said than done.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    So what's gonna happen? Here's hoping the linebackers play solid assignment football, and stop the dive first and foremost lol. Easier said than done.
    Going to be a great game. I expect a dogfight

Comment

So what's gonna happen?
      Possibly something like I'm watching now?...5 loss Georgia tech hanging with Georgia?

Comment

I think this is gonna be a tough one. In the past, GLIAC teams use to have a little bit of an advantage when they'd face a Harding or a Carson-Newman or a Lenoir-Rhyne, because we had the experience of defending against Northwood's option. But since Northwood left (and doesn't run an option offense anymore anyway, and hasn't for a few years), the GLIAC teams don't really have that advantage anymore. So hopefully they can get some good practice in for this one-off game. I would think that *some* aspects of defending Ferris can come in to play, here, since Ferris, prior to Mylik Mitchell, was essentially a triple option team, but just out of the shotgun. When it was Jared Bernhardt, Reggie Ball, Jason Vander Laan, etc.

Comment

So in no way am I saying Harding will def win because I think this is going to be an extremely tough matchup against a great team that is battle tested, but having said that this is a game that defensively at least is a better matchup for us than UCM. Now does that mean I think we’re going to hold you down…no. But on paper stylistically we match up better against GV. Now what worries me most is that stout run D/defense of GV. If we are forced to throw to win it probably isn’t going to happen for us

Comment

I'm thinking that not playing Northwood won't be a big deal. GV's base D is set to handle that O anyway. My bigger concern is who can take the field. We seemed to pick up a few more nicks to some of the guys. I guess we'll see Saturday.. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, next man up... but it looked like some key guys took some shots... here's hoping for the best. And for the record... that won't be an excuse from me here as to how the game winds up.

Looks like I have a few days to pack.
            Last edited by Redwing; 11-25-2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
              So in no way am I saying Harding will def win because I think this is going to be an extremely tough matchup against a great team that is battle tested, but having said that this is a game that defensively at least is a better matchup for us than UCM. Now does that mean I think we’re going to hold you down…no. But on paper stylistically we match up better against GV. Now what worries me most is that stout run D/defense of GV. If we are forced to throw to win it probably isn’t going to happen for us
              As a GV fan, I think the same, haha. I'd much rather face a run-heavy option team than face a pass-happy sling-it-all-over-the-field team.

Comment

As a GV fan, I think the same, haha. I'd much rather face a run-heavy option team than face a pass-happy sling-it-all-over-the-field team.
                I def understand that. Two good defenses and good off that seemingly both play into each others strengths

Comment

This is assignment football for the Laker D in spades this week - trust your teammate to do his job and you do yours - you try anticipating and cheating from your assignment and they will break long runs - scary physical game for GV

Comment

The back 7 for GVS will be the best we’ve seen all year. They’re not going to be running all over the field covering wide receivers. I expect they’ll be a lot better than UCM’s.

Comment

GVSU has a few guys that were in and out for the past few weeks, thats football. Over all GVSU looks about as good as you could hope for. Oline has moved some guys around but over all Cade has been good, Avery was back to full go on Saturday and the D is playing solid. I think GVSU has to just play their game and they should get a good outcome. Travel is no big deal and there was no crowd on Saturday so they will bring their own energy again. I think this will be a great game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        I'm thinking that not playing Northwood won't be a big deal. GV's base D is set to handle that O anyway. My bigger concern is who can take the field. We seemed to pick up a few more nicks to some of the guys. I guess we'll see Saturday.. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, next man up... but it looked like some key guys took some shots... here's hoping for the best. And for the record... that won't be an excuse from me here as to how the game winds up.

Looks like I have a few days to pack.
                        Is the QB OK? Did they have to pop his shoulder back in last week, or was it just a stinger.

Comment

The flexbone has answers for every def. The reason NW Miss clamped down on us wasn’t due to scheme, it’s because they had better athletes. We’re much more talented this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
                            The flexbone has answers for every def. The reason NW Miss clamped down on us wasn’t due to scheme, it’s because they had better athletes. We’re much more talented this year.
                            Excuse me, I shut down every flexbone team in NCAA Football 14 running the same defense over and over again.

Bam. Someone hire me.

Comment

I think this one will be fun to watch. 2 great defensive teams duking it out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X