Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkblot
    replied
    I know I've heard that the GMAC want to get to 12 football teams. If UIndy comes, that makes 11. The most obvious candidate for 12 is NDC, but I risk the wrath of boatcapt for even mentioning that. If NDC isn't willing, the next most obvious would be Davenport.

Leave a comment:

• michiganfb
    replied
    Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Seeing whispers on Twitter about Lindenwood also jumping to OVC.
    If LWood leaves, I'd say U Indy gets on board with GMAC for sure. Only GLVC competition left would be Truman and believe they're still not even fully funded.

Leave a comment:

• bigsig50
    replied
    Seeing whispers on Twitter about Lindenwood also jumping to OVC.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
    They could keep Truman and Lindenwood on their OOC football schedule.
    Not if the rumors about Lindenwood moving up are true.

Leave a comment:

• michiganfb
    replied
    Was hopeful at the start of GLVC football that Southern Indiana, Bellarmine and Lewis would add football. Don't know why they continue to deprive their students of everything football brings to a campus - homecoming games with bonfires and parades, tailgating with motorhomes and friends gathering, just sitting outside in the fall weather to watch the game etc.

U Indy is the only original member of the GLVC left. The GLVC like they knew it is gone. Their basketball rivals are gone. Closer football schools are gone - St Joe, Kentucky Wesleyan, Urbana. So many good games for U Indy in the GMAC - Ashland, Findlay, Hillsdale, Tiffin and Ohio Dominican a straight shot down HWY 70. They could keep Truman and Lindenwood on their OOC football schedule. Now's the time I think they'll make the move.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    Could UIndy be looking at D1? If not, I agree, GMAC makes the most sense.

Leave a comment:

• GLIAC Fan
    replied
    UIndy should join the GMAC. Like minded private schools in their footprint plus the GMAC home is in Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    started a topic USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Current GLVC non-football Southern Indiana will be the latest D2 program making the move to D1 in the coming years. USI will join the Ohio Valley Conference, as confirmed earlier this week:

http://ovcsports.com/news/2022/2/8/g...n-2022-23.aspx

Big picture question: Does that potentially mean UIndy could look at their conference options in the coming years? Considering they're about to be the only Indiana school left in the GLVC (there were three as I recall) and that they're the only GLVC team in the Eastern time zone, is there any possibility that they'd consider moving to either the GLIAC (which is desperately seeking members to the point they might even bring in Bishop Sycamore or Whatsamatta U) or to the GMAC?

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X