Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UISguy23
    replied
    Which Illinois D2 school has the best chance of jumping to D1

Leave a comment:

• UISguy23
    replied
    I'm actually praying UINDY goes D1. I have a good feeling once they are eligible for the big dance they will win the OVC

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post
    aslong as the GMAC doesnt become the Lone Star and have 20 teams lol
    Right, my ideal GMAC has Uindy, Marian, Taylor, Indiana Wesleyan, Cedarville, Findlay, Tiffin, Lake Erie, Malone, Walsh, Notre Dame, Lake Erie, Ursuline, Ohio Dominican, and Ashland.

KWC and Thomas More to the GLVC
    Hillsdale and Northwood to the GLIAC
    Trevecca Nazarene to the GSC

Leave a comment:

• Nevadaman23
    replied
    aslong as the GMAC doesnt become the Lone Star and have 20 teams lol

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    also i keep seeing on other boards that supposedly Marian ( ind) from the NAIA is going to try to move up? has anyone else heard that
    As a Uindy fan, I would love a Marian and Uindy to play it the same level. Crosstown rivalries are great, and the GMAC would be the prefect conference to bring in all 4 of the indiana NAIA football schools

Leave a comment:

• Nevadaman23
    replied
    also i keep seeing on other boards that supposedly Marian ( ind) from the NAIA is going to try to move up? has anyone else heard that

Leave a comment:

• Nevadaman23
    replied
    with the way things are in 2022 im not believe in the whole this school WILL NEVER BE D1 garbage. how many schools have said no we arent going D1 and that " we are happy in d2" then turn around and move up?

Leave a comment:

• DaleDude
    replied

Stealth: For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale. And on the same theme, UIndy. Although UIndy may have better options as their peer group is larger.[/QUOTE]

Hillsdale never, never belonged to the Horizon League. There is a great lakes region league that contains peer institutions like Hillsdale; it's called the GMAC. Hillsdale did compete in the GLIAC, MIFC, the GLIAC again, and now the GMAC. As I previously stated, Hillsdale is a fully-funded football school with about 1,500 students and with an endowment most likely unmatched by any other school in the GMAC. Hillsdale's biggest challenge is recruiting students who will qualify academically and can compete at the D2 level. And once again, Hillsdale has no plans to bump up to D1.

Leave a comment:

• stealth
    replied
    Originally posted by Lurkingdog View Post

What are Hillsdale's peer institutions?
    I don't know... Lipscomb, Butler, Belmont

Seems like most logical peers are DIII or NAIA, or far east coast.
    Last edited by stealth; 09-26-2022, 08:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nevadaman23
    replied
    plus how many schools in the GLVC could be decent right off the bat in D1? not SBU Quincey or UIS. def not most of the Missouri schools either

Leave a comment:

• Nevadaman23
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

With that budget?
    yes even with that budget. especially if they move to the Summit or OVC. its not like they are jumping to the Big Ten. If Chicago St or any HBCU college can do it so could they.

Leave a comment:

• bigsig50
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

With that budget?
    Gonna have to agree about UMSL. It's never really been a school that's put a whole lot of effort into growing or marketing their athletics in recent years. Prior to this past year, in the STL area as far as D2's went, it was clearly Lindenwood and Maryville as the 2 athletics programs that were intent on growing and expanding their reach. I could see MoBap making a push towards D2 soon, especially with LU leaving a vacancy at that level in STL. I think they would be a good fit for the GLVC. They also play football.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

simply because they would be in the best spot and would be more competitive
    With that budget?

Leave a comment:

• Lurkingdog
    replied
    Originally posted by stealth View Post
    For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale.
    What are Hillsdale's peer institutions?

Leave a comment:

• stealth
    replied
    Changing affiliation is really all about the president and the board. Are they interested in bumping up? And can change with any change in either one. But then you have to look and see if there is a proper conference landing spot.

For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale. And on the same theme, UIndy. Although UIndy may have better options as their peer group is larger.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X