Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheDog
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

It doesn't seem like they made a move. Seems more like they decided to kick the can down the road and not reveal anything.
    Hopefully you're right and they'll actually vote soon.

As it sits now it's disappointment in that we rallied the fanbase then pulled the plug. We were gonna show iupui who's better, then we give in before we get started? D2 even with GMAC means Nicoson Hall Arena is over 60 yrs old but now just getting a facelift instead of the renovation it needs. Exact same little facelift for the Key. And now the Dome waits 20 years or so before getting a new turf system? Got folks around here excited about stepping up then we sat down. Let's have a good track team and other minor teams like the longtime AD wanted instead of building up football or basketball? We don't know that winning one "big" game in football or basketball at the D1 level rallies more support for a school than a national championship in a minor sport like track or lacrosse. For many this D1 excitement is like the big firework that fizzles out.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
    As an alum, I am happy about the move. I think staying DII is better for the school long term, and distinguishes it from the now terribly named IU-Indianapolis. Very happy to see the news. Now just waiting for a Uindy to the GMAC announcement.
    It doesn't seem like they made a move. Seems more like they decided to kick the can down the road and not reveal anything.

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    As an alum, I am happy about the move. I think staying DII is better for the school long term, and distinguishes it from the now terribly named IU-Indianapolis. Very happy to see the news. Now just waiting for a Uindy to the GMAC announcement.

Leave a comment:

• UISguy23
    replied
    So that means the OVC isn't getting GVSU either now

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    I thought I saw a ghost. I was more afraid than the UIndy Board of Trustees.

Leave a comment:

• UISguy23
    replied
    Absolutely the dumbest thing they could of done. Idk if it means they aren't doing it rn or they aren't ever going up but its just stupid

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    And now the few that were still interested just don't care anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    https://twitter.com/uindytv/status/1...L5U21kBiTiqwpg

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    Originally posted by michiganfb View Post

For God sakes hoping that it's not football in the Pioneer League Conference as much as he used Butler Basketball as an example. While the "closest game now would be the farthest" discussion must refer to the GMAC
    Agreed, the PFL is all kinds of weird. I am putting the odds at 60/40 in favor of them moving up to DI in the OVC.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Cue Final Jeopardy theme.

Leave a comment:

• michiganfb
    replied
    Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
    Definitely a few key takeaways from the President Interview

1. If the move is DI, it is pretty much the OVC I think. The discussion was heavily focused on that conference at the DI level.
    2. Though not mentioned, if the move is DII, the time in the GLVC is not long term. The travel issues in the GLVC make the GMAC make too much sense.
    3. While the president is certainly not really going to show his cards, it legitimately seems like there is not really a consensus amongst university leadership or the board of trustees which way it will go.
    4. The needed upgrades to a DI level will need to be substantial (president mentions a 10 million dollar estimate for changes to Key and Nicoson.)
    5. The vote is happening today, and there will likely be some sort of decision announcement over the weekend.
    For God sakes hoping that it's not football in the Pioneer League Conference as much as he used Butler Basketball as an example. While the "closest game now would be the farthest" discussion must refer to the GMAC

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    Definitely a few key takeaways from the President Interview

1. If the move is DI, it is pretty much the OVC I think. The discussion was heavily focused on that conference at the DI level.
    2. Though not mentioned, if the move is DII, the time in the GLVC is not long term. The travel issues in the GLVC make the GMAC make too much sense.
    3. While the president is certainly not really going to show his cards, it legitimately seems like there is not really a consensus amongst university leadership or the board of trustees which way it will go.
    4. The needed upgrades to a DI level will need to be substantial (president mentions a 10 million dollar estimate for changes to Key and Nicoson.)
    5. The vote is happening today, and there will likely be some sort of decision announcement over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• michiganfb
    replied
    Shared with me U Indy TV interview from today satisfied a lot of the questions I had. The student does a great job with the interim president a likeable informative guy. Only thing he sounds like a possible basketball guy like so many in Indiana: https://youtu.be/MX-o495Ruec

Leave a comment:

• UISguy23
    replied
    I'd love that lol but ya the illinois schools are hurting financially. But I'd love to see both at the D1 level but I'd like to see both make the D2 tournament first

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
    Which Illinois D2 school has the best chance of jumping to D1
    If I had to pick one, I guess it would be McKendree or UIS, but honestly I do not think any of them are really ready.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X