• Re: MoWest @ NW

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    Dynamite drop in Marty.
    I believe you mean Monty.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
      I believe you mean Monty.....
      Good catch. That broadcasting schools is really paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
        I look forward to reading your completely unbiased conference predictions during my morning Bm
        Butt hurt much? Geesh. Gloat when you earn your FIRST ring.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
          Butt hurt much? Geesh. Gloat when you earn your FIRST ring.
          I had a back and forth with him last year. Think some of his opinions/blogs are wrong/biased. But his work ethic is admirable. Humor is lost on you, you dullard.

Comment

I had a back and forth with him last year. Think some of his opinions/blogs are wrong/biased. But his work ethic is admirable. Humor is lost on you, you dullard.
            Let's not get it twisted, you personally attacked Ian last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
              Let's not get it twisted, you personally attacked Ian last year.
              He can handle it snowflake

Comment

He can handle it snowflake
                I see you have grownup since last season.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                  Had a meeting with the guys from my Fraternity a couple years back and they were telling me NW has always been good...told them NW beat Truman 16 of the last 17 times they played and are still down 15 in the overall series...they didn't believe me until they Googled it...the younger fan base is definitely spoiled and from what I see, a lot of the older fan base is mis-remembering NW FB history.

I'll enjoy the ride as long as it goes!
                  The 70's and 80's were a mixed bag of bad teams, decent teams and good teams from my childhood going into college at NW. What I remember about NW football in the mid to late 80's while I was attending was a bad team then Air Northwest arrived under V. Thompson. Then we tanked again. Overall, NW has a winning record, most of that built on the success of our program since 1995 (NW finished 6-5 and hasn't had losing season since). 23 years and counting of "unsustainable" success.
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    I know you are just trying to call me out because I called out your b.s. about coaches being fired because Jazz didn't like them (I'm still waiting on 1 example by the way). However, once again your response to me fails on multiple levels.

1. It is my dog in the fight. I work at the University and those are NW students. Students show me videos of what occurs and are concerned about somebody being seriously injured or worse. I don't drive by it and do avoid it on purpose, because I know NW can't do anything to prevent it. However, student safety is my concern as an employee of NW. Loch may think it's a great deal now making some money off of it but his losses will be substantial in a lawsuit if someone is seriously injured or dies, especially if the person is drinking and underage.
                    2. Please quote anywhere I said the NW tailgate lots rule and are great. Or even that I said you should tailgate in the NW lots. Or really anything about the NW lots at all. I'll wait...
                    3. "So what if it's on the city radar?"- I'm not sure how to make it any more clear that it is a city issue when illegal activity is occurring (underage drinking), regardless if it's private property or not.

Truly, for those who do it right over there, it would be in their best interest to call out and tamper the drunken stupidity of others or it may not be an option for anyone in the future. See someone underage drinking?- encourage them to leave the area so it doesn't get ruined for everyone. See someone overly intoxicated?- have some of the person's friends get them some help. See someone doing something idiotic?- tell them they're being an idiot.

Pretty simple and it helps make sure people can continue to tailgate over there doing it the right way.
                    You might want to re-read that post about safety and concern. I've been tailgating at NW football games for over 20 years starting at the Alumni House, moving to the baseball lot and now Loch's pasture. How many years did NW turn a blind eye to "tailgating" and consuming alcoholic beverages on NW property when NW was considered a dry campus? If you are truly "concerned" about student safety and are an advocate of that position, report it. Simply avoiding and not driving by doesn't make you an advocate of student safety.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      I do like when NW fans, with their tractor driving and turkey inseminating degrees try to be academically haughty.
                      I see that Pitt is graduating a ton of people from their Food Service Delivery Degree Program
                      Last edited by GreenwoodBearcat; 09-03-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I know you are just trying to call me out because I called out your b.s. about coaches being fired because Jazz didn't like them (I'm still waiting on 1 example by the way). However, once again your response to me fails on multiple levels.

1. It is my dog in the fight. I work at the University and those are NW students. Students show me videos of what occurs and are concerned about somebody being seriously injured or worse. I don't drive by it and do avoid it on purpose, because I know NW can't do anything to prevent it. However, student safety is my concern as an employee of NW. Loch may think it's a great deal now making some money off of it but his losses will be substantial in a lawsuit if someone is seriously injured or dies, especially if the person is drinking and underage.
                        2. Please quote anywhere I said the NW tailgate lots rule and are great. Or even that I said you should tailgate in the NW lots. Or really anything about the NW lots at all. I'll wait...
                        3. "So what if it's on the city radar?"- I'm not sure how to make it any more clear that it is a city issue when illegal activity is occurring (underage drinking), regardless if it's private property or not.

Truly, for those who do it right over there, it would be in their best interest to call out and tamper the drunken stupidity of others or it may not be an option for anyone in the future. See someone underage drinking?- encourage them to leave the area so it doesn't get ruined for everyone. See someone overly intoxicated?- have some of the person's friends get them some help. See someone doing something idiotic?- tell them they're being an idiot.

Pretty simple and it helps make sure people can continue to tailgate over there doing it the right way.
                        I guess I must have missed you trying to stop all those NW students from tailgating in the Non-NW Tailgate Lot on Thursday, or are you the one they stuffed in the dumpster for preaching to them about "How Concerned You Were? Once again, you don't have a dog in that fight. You must also be driving around to all the bars, off-campus housing parties etc. preaching safety and concern that those every night of the week. Damnnn..... you are one busy NW employee. Hope you are hourly and not salary.
                        Oh, and keep waiting about the JaZZ ASSSS stuff. I have my sources and I am sure that you have yours, so my suggestion to you is that you have two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Listen to the town people twice as much as opening up that pie hole.

Comment

Wow...are you sure that you should be receiving videos from NW Students, since you are an employee of NW. Not too sure, but you might want to check the University Employee policy or I guess keep giving ole Jazzy the reach around.
                          Last edited by GreenwoodBearcat; 09-03-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            I guess I must have missed you trying to stop all those NW students from tailgating in the Non-NW Tailgate Lot on Thursday, or are you the one they stuffed in the dumpster for preaching to them about "How Concerned You Were? Once again, you don't have a dog in that fight. You must also be driving around to all the bars, off-campus housing parties etc. preaching safety and concern that those every night of the week. Damnnn..... you are one busy NW employee. Hope you are hourly and not salary.
                            Oh, and keep waiting about the JaZZ ASSSS stuff. I have my sources and I am sure that you have yours, so my suggestion to you is that you have two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Listen to the town people twice as much as opening up that pie hole.
                            There it is: "sources". There has not been one successful coach fired from NW. I'm sure it's easier for some people to say someone didn't like them and that's why they got fired rather than admit they just weren't good enough and their record shows it. That seems like a story that would be passed around by "sources".

If you want to disagree and debate the topic then I'm all for it. That's the point of a discussion board. However, the ad hominem attacks are pointless and not really worth wasting anymore time.

Comment

There it is: "sources". There has not been one successful coach fired from NW. I'm sure it's easier for some people to say someone didn't like them and that's why they got fired rather than admit they just weren't good enough and their record shows it. That seems like a story that would be passed around by "sources".

If you want to disagree and debate the topic then I'm all for it. That's the point of a discussion board. However, the ad hominem attacks are pointless and not really worth wasting anymore time.
                              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Football and basketball (men and women) are the most high profile sports on most campuses, at least from an attendance standpoint. Because of that, I think there's higher standards for those sports.

The last women's coach had a 14-40 overall and 8-30 conference record the last 2 years. That reflected his previous head coaching record at juco. This last year they regressed and lost to an NAIA school and were down 40+ points to 2 different teams in the FIRST half (to middle of the pack conference teams). They only won 4 games last year. You can live with growing pains when there are signs of progress.

For reference, Ben won 12 and 10 games his first 2 years (22-37 overall, 14-27 conference). That included a win at the #3 team in the country his second year. You could see progress and system being put in place.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X