Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MoWest @ NW

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Empires arent built in a day, but one did fall quickly.

Good programs learn from losses (you had several), and come back stronger.
    Rome took about 1000 years to fall. In the scheme of things that's pretty fast I guess.

Also, just to be devils advocate, just a few years ago I think Fort Hays would been very happy with 9-3 record, playoffs, and be a couple plays away from another MIAA championship. Especially with a young team and new head coach. Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
      So what? Who cares if its on the City Radar. If it bothers you that much that people are not using the College controlled tailgate lots, then don't drive by. Come in the North side and leave the North side of campus. Jeez. It's not your ground and you have absolutely no dog in that fight, so go ahead and drink the NW Tailgate Lot Rules koolaid.
      I know you are just trying to call me out because I called out your b.s. about coaches being fired because Jazz didn't like them (I'm still waiting on 1 example by the way). However, once again your response to me fails on multiple levels.

1. It is my dog in the fight. I work at the University and those are NW students. Students show me videos of what occurs and are concerned about somebody being seriously injured or worse. I don't drive by it and do avoid it on purpose, because I know NW can't do anything to prevent it. However, student safety is my concern as an employee of NW. Loch may think it's a great deal now making some money off of it but his losses will be substantial in a lawsuit if someone is seriously injured or dies, especially if the person is drinking and underage.
      2. Please quote anywhere I said the NW tailgate lots rule and are great. Or even that I said you should tailgate in the NW lots. Or really anything about the NW lots at all. I'll wait...
      3. "So what if it's on the city radar?"- I'm not sure how to make it any more clear that it is a city issue when illegal activity is occurring (underage drinking), regardless if it's private property or not.

Truly, for those who do it right over there, it would be in their best interest to call out and tamper the drunken stupidity of others or it may not be an option for anyone in the future. See someone underage drinking?- encourage them to leave the area so it doesn't get ruined for everyone. See someone overly intoxicated?- have some of the person's friends get them some help. See someone doing something idiotic?- tell them they're being an idiot.

Pretty simple and it helps make sure people can continue to tailgate over there doing it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
        Rome took about 1000 years to fall. In the scheme of things that's pretty fast I guess.

Also, just to be devils advocate, just a few years ago I think Fort Hays would been very happy with 9-3 record, playoffs, and be a couple plays away from another MIAA championship. Especially with a young team and new head coach. Wouldn't you agree?
        I was referring to NW. All it took was an afternoon. Hays rolled in declared prima nocte, slayed bearcats, danced on graves. And got Wright to roll over and let us pet his belly all before supper.

Its growth or regression. You are moving forward or taking a step back. NW took a step back. Hays took a step forward

Comment

That's bold

Comment

I was referring to NW. All it took was an afternoon. Hays rolled in declared prima nocte, slayed bearcats, danced on graves. And got Wright to roll over and let us pet his belly all before supper.

Its growth or regression. You are moving forward or taking a step back. NW took a step back. Hays took a step forward

Comment

"NW is just a flash in the pan."
              "The program retired back in 2011"

Will they be the insane year after year NC contenders? Honestly probably, the spend the money, the boosters spend the money, they have the name now, and big fish in a small pond. They have a lot of haves in a division of football where not a lot of teams are fully funded. The cards are stacked in their favor a bit. While they may have some down years as long as the University is on board with the football program I don't think it'll fall far for long. That being said you know the program has done things when a 9-3 season and playoffs is a disappointing year.
              No idea why you are quoting that stuff at me, but I'll play.

The drop off is inevitable. Predicting when, where, or for how long is impossible. Pitt fans know this from experience as do Bama, Nebraska, Florida State, and Oklahoma fans to name a few. (Although the latest crop of Bama fans may not realize it. At least they act like they don't)

Comment

Was it a step back though? New coach, young team after losing a Senior class that won more National Championship rings then they had losses at their time in school. I think 9-3 was better than I expected to be honest. I'll also go out on a limb and say I think MIAA needs to beat up on NW this year as these are young young kids. If these kids start winning they very well could have another run like the last group of kids.

Comment

Was it a step back though? New coach, young team after losing a Senior class that won more National Championship rings then they had losses at their time in school. I think 9-3 was better than I expected to be honest. I'll also go out on a limb and say I think MIAA needs to beat up on NW this year as these are young young kids. If these kids start winning they very well could have another run like the last group of kids.
                  What the NW D accomplished last year was a step forward, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    What the NW D accomplished last year was a step forward, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      No idea why you are quoting that stuff at me, but I'll play.

The drop off is inevitable. Predicting when, where, or for how long is impossible. Pitt fans know this from experience as do Bama, Nebraska, Florida State, and Oklahoma fans to name a few. (Although the latest crop of Bama fans may not realize it. At least they act like they don't)
                      I agree but the drop off is going to have to happen at a higher level. As long as the University is all in and funding the program in the D2 level it's not as hard to stay on top. Look at possibly NC contenders, it's gotten a bit more parity lately but you always know what handful of teams will be in a mix. D2 is almost more of a have vs have nots then D1 level. The drop off can happen but its more than just one coach at that point. You could look at the 140ish teams in D2 and pick out a list of 15 teams and likely hit at least one team in the NC game and likely both. D2 is very top heavy.

Comment

Add in what was lost on the line. Also brings up my point if NW finds an offense this year, it could be bad for the MIAA for a few more years to come. Offense is going to be very young.

Comment

I also don't think Hays made a giant leap forward. They won more for sure. What I saw in my limited viewing looked like Hays kept on with their steady improvement while NW had a down year. They jumped to the top of the conference, but didn't leap from top 3 or 4 in the conf to national contender in one year.

Comment

Just contributed my $75 for 3 tickets. All I ask for is a competitive game. Sounds like a decent number of MW fans are going up there. AA was sold out and BB was filling up.

Comment

Kudos on your stellar program. Maybe you guys can get a sweet decal for that. Style over substance. #moneycantbuygrit

Will you be getting Ferris to fight your battles this year? Cant punch the bully back yourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                                Just contributed my $75 for 3 tickets. All I ask for is a competitive game. Sounds like a decent number of MW fans are going up there. AA was sold out and BB was filling up.
                                I think it should be competitive. I hope the rust falls off for both teams early.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X