• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Re: MoWest @ NW

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      Football and basketball (men and women) are the most high profile sports on most campuses, at least from an attendance standpoint. Because of that, I think there's higher standards for those sports.

The last women's coach had a 14-40 overall and 8-30 conference record the last 2 years. That reflected his previous head coaching record at juco. This last year they regressed and lost to an NAIA school and were down 40+ points to 2 different teams in the FIRST half (to middle of the pack conference teams). They only won 4 games last year. You can live with growing pains when there are signs of progress.

For reference, Ben won 12 and 10 games his first 2 years (22-37 overall, 14-27 conference). That included a win at the #3 team in the country his second year. You could see progress and system being put in place.
      I guess now that Baseball just won it's first conference title in some 30 years, he will be more under the "Microscope". He should be canned for tanking in the tournament. I guess you NW Employees (Well maybe not all) are geared towards double standards.

Comment

I have to agree. I couldn't even tell you who was on the Final Eight team some years back, nor do I really care. How's that for being under the NW Double Standard Microscope. I wonder if that is kinda like being on Double Secret Probation at Faber College.

Comment

Not to change the topic, but this kid is 1-0:

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iqWGaM_hbX19wCGQ7M_do-SKicSa3i66VkNm90hB5KnoIhBHFkWw-1jx6eolfE_jkih6MhBIpuSqFrWpNaA5BfC0wmN7HGcU7I3R47X Gh0SjDAecxjvggpoUN64I3xhXFAhNfr6t_PioIKBOq2GjQlJ3T xed_69tJuu6PeiyN4UcerzvUO7oP8VmhPkNyRP9GfERv82TIcq uXiMg7v6DL01A0eJHdX6I81JjVyVNaNkVDO1Ut6IqboTkllhoY wPF0DNW2_9GlBt7oeNjqVQD-kqJL_wD7RXrrSFx7EuVB8nFoTYaY0ZxphbXjxSnu9fOvGKXCKg LmjeEYuA3fOEdg1DeBpyVD0oOiDxEAZm6NqwGBt7ylV0-njgaIfyC1oBxc1rJwBQcqhW1DXYtjux6XJTlZM8jfBJzjmILOS 7rz7e3JbZdQ_rpSsN7Cdwxb-uQGZBqXIhakM_0w8x4-YkMyx7cL0grETLHEE1ryTUrbNHgkB1qS_r1yInGjMJCi****HK g3hBtDkinLN0gRIBY1IFZPn0BWX9_clXiXRoPk2QNjH57Syeti kjwCF66U57iGTL-8bLJUIscVrnzXx00_paLfXByYA7O9bA-hdnanRVgAdXmk7v-qQ2_Az2g9jY1PL_K7O_SwA5irDcgAPtGzN6CrWuRu94dwRJRa2 7nVnRNGh2oIY_vdaI9Jg=w950-h837-no[/IMG]
          Last edited by NW Normal; 09-04-2018, 07:03 AM. Reason: photo issue

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
            last 23 yrs since i hit campus.
            You probably should have graduated by now....

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              Not to change the topic, but this kid is 1-0:

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iqWGaM_hbX19wCGQ7M_do-SKicSa3i66VkNm90hB5KnoIhBHFkWw-1jx6eolfE_jkih6MhBIpuSqFrWpNaA5BfC0wmN7HGcU7I3R47X Gh0SjDAecxjvggpoUN64I3xhXFAhNfr6t_PioIKBOq2GjQlJ3T xed_69tJuu6PeiyN4UcerzvUO7oP8VmhPkNyRP9GfERv82TIcq uXiMg7v6DL01A0eJHdX6I81JjVyVNaNkVDO1Ut6IqboTkllhoY wPF0DNW2_9GlBt7oeNjqVQD-kqJL_wD7RXrrSFx7EuVB8nFoTYaY0ZxphbXjxSnu9fOvGKXCKg LmjeEYuA3fOEdg1DeBpyVD0oOiDxEAZm6NqwGBt7ylV0-njgaIfyC1oBxc1rJwBQcqhW1DXYtjux6XJTlZM8jfBJzjmILOS 7rz7e3JbZdQ_rpSsN7Cdwxb-uQGZBqXIhakM_0w8x4-YkMyx7cL0grETLHEE1ryTUrbNHgkB1qS_r1yInGjMJCi****HK g3hBtDkinLN0gRIBY1IFZPn0BWX9_clXiXRoPk2QNjH57Syeti kjwCF66U57iGTL-8bLJUIscVrnzXx00_paLfXByYA7O9bA-hdnanRVgAdXmk7v-qQ2_Az2g9jY1PL_K7O_SwA5irDcgAPtGzN6CrWuRu94dwRJRa2 7nVnRNGh2oIY_vdaI9Jg=w950-h837-no[/IMG]
              Looks like I have to relearn 'new and improved' Google. Sorry about that folks.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/YN...A=w950-h837-no
              Last edited by NW Normal; 09-04-2018, 09:01 AM. Reason: one more time

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                You probably should have graduated by now....
                college is fun. stay as long as you can.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                  Wow...are you sure that you should be receiving videos from NW Students, since you are an employee of NW. Not too sure, but you might want to check the University Employee policy or I guess keep giving ole Jazzy the reach around.
                  I am trying to understand what you are angry about here? There is a field where crazy stuff can happen? So what?

If it is underage drinking and potential crimes being committed, are you for that? Just trying to understand the situation.

Comment

People get fired all the time for different reasons. You can tell culture, improvement, and attitude after 2 seasons, IMO. Especially if you have someone from the wildly successful boys team willing to step into the role.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                      I am trying to understand what you are angry about here? There is a field where crazy stuff can happen? So what?

If it is underage drinking and potential crimes being committed, are you for that? Just trying to understand the situation.
                      I am not angry, nor do I really care. It's a message board and therefor subject to just about anything. You for one should know that from past experiences. I can pretty much guarantee that underage drinking has been and will be continued in every town that has a college campus. Honestly Joe, did you really care about underage drinking while you were at NW? I understand that we all grow up, have kids and then change on how we view this sort of thing, but I am not the "Stop the Drinking Police" either. If NW and NW employees are so concerned on what goes on at that Non-NW owned property, then start a drive campaign to raise money in order for NW to buy that property and then have control over it. I am sure that Mr. Loch will be most accommodating to NW and their offer...(Insert considerable amount of laughter here), because if you know Mr. Loch, there is somewhat of a bad history between him and NW.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                        I am not angry, nor do I really care. It's a message board and therefor subject to just about anything. You for one should know that from past experiences. I can pretty much guarantee that underage drinking has been and will be continued in every town that has a college campus. Honestly Joe, did you really care about underage drinking while you were at NW? I understand that we all grow up, have kids and then change on how we view this sort of thing, but I am not the "Stop the Drinking Police" either. If NW and NW employees are so concerned on what goes on at that Non-NW owned property, then start a drive campaign to raise money in order for NW to buy that property and then have control over it. I am sure that Mr. Loch will be most accommodating to NW and their offer...(Insert considerable amount of laughter here), because if you know Mr. Loch, there is somewhat of a bad history between him and NW.
                        It feels like you are arguing just to argue here though. You and I both don't care what happens at a field by campus.

NW as the university does and should care if their students are involved. That doesn't mean they should "buy the lot". I am getting older and I do have kids and I would hope whatever University they go to does care about them and what they are doing.

I guess I am missing what the two sides of what looks like an argument are about.

Comment

I realize many here don't give a crap about women's sports, if I didn't have daughters I may not either, but I do, so I am very interested.

The Women's coach was there for 2.5 years, I saw several games the past couple years and while I've heard he was a great guy, he's not a very good coach. Had a young team last year that wasn't good at the beginning of the year and got worse as the year went on, not better...he may have recruited one player with MIAA talent, the other one he inherited...didn't really see much else on the roster that would have been playing anywhere else in the MIAA. Personally, I thought they should fire him, but was surprised they did so. I understand part of the reason they did so was because Austin was going to be leaving for another job and this was a way to keep him at NW.

I think he'll do really well and I'm looking forward to see how much the team improves...who knows maybe in a couple years I'll even have a vested interest in how well the program is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                            I realize many here don't give a crap about women's sports, if I didn't have daughters I may not either, but I do, so I am very interested.

The Women's coach was there for 2.5 years, I saw several games the past couple years and while I've heard he was a great guy, he's not a very good coach. Had a young team last year that wasn't good at the beginning of the year and got worse as the year went on, not better...he may have recruited one player with MIAA talent, the other one he inherited...didn't really see much else on the roster that would have been playing anywhere else in the MIAA. Personally, I thought they should fire him, but was surprised they did so. I understand part of the reason they did so was because Austin was going to be leaving for another job and this was a way to keep him at NW.

I think he'll do really well and I'm looking forward to see how much the team improves...who knows maybe in a couple years I'll even have a vested interest in how well the program is doing.
                            Best move the school has made in a long time. He was not a good coach nor was he any good at motivating his player. Whenever he did an interview it was always someone else's fault. He always claimed to have them more than ready with great practices. Was always making threats.
                            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Comment

How is this thread still going?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X