Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MoWest @ NW

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
    I agree but the drop off is going to have to happen at a higher level. As long as the University is all in and funding the program in the D2 level it's not as hard to stay on top. Look at possibly NC contenders, it's gotten a bit more parity lately but you always know what handful of teams will be in a mix. D2 is almost more of a have vs have nots then D1 level. The drop off can happen but its more than just one coach at that point. You could look at the 140ish teams in D2 and pick out a list of 15 teams and likely hit at least one team in the NC game and likely both. D2 is very top heavy.
    I agree with that.

But most of the teams I mentioned had smallish drops, so it's pretty true in D1 as well. Look at what SEC schools spend as a place to start.

OU, FSU, Bama still won 7-9 or so games for the most part in their down years.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
      Kudos on your stellar program. Maybe you guys can get a sweet decal for that. Style over substance. #moneycantbuygrit

Will you be getting Ferris to fight your battles this year? Cant punch the bully back yourselves?

Comment

I look forward to reading your completely unbiased conference predictions during my morning Bm

Comment

I look forward to reading your completely unbiased conference predictions during my morning Bm
          Whatever helps you move your mail. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
            I agree but the drop off is going to have to happen at a higher level. As long as the University is all in and funding the program in the D2 level it's not as hard to stay on top. Look at possibly NC contenders, it's gotten a bit more parity lately but you always know what handful of teams will be in a mix. D2 is almost more of a have vs have nots then D1 level. The drop off can happen but its more than just one coach at that point. You could look at the 140ish teams in D2 and pick out a list of 15 teams and likely hit at least one team in the NC game and likely both. D2 is very top heavy.
            Couldn't all of that have been said of Pitt State? Did they fail to go all in on funding the program? If so, I haven't heard it. I think some Bearcat fans fail to appreciate the magnitude of what's been accomplished when they express such confidence that it will go on forever.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Couldn't all of that have been said of Pitt State? Did they fail to go all in on funding the program? If so, I haven't heard it. I think some Bearcat fans fail to appreciate the magnitude of what's been accomplished when they express such confidence that it will go on forever.
              Pitt isn't considered fully funded. That's a misnomer, though. The way I understand it is that Fully funded means they could give 100% of their 36 schollies to out of staters (At the higher out of state rate) and still be covered. It doesn't mean they don't have 36 schollies. It just means they are somewhere between the amount of 36 in state and 36 out of state schollies.

Not sure about coach and coordinator pay?

Accounting on this stuff is squirrelly and non-standardized, but NW has a much larger Football budget than Pitt does by all accounts.

Comment

I think some Bearcat fans fail to appreciate the magnitude of what's been accomplished when they express such confidence that it will go on forever.
                I think you are right, but I believe most of those fans are younger and know nothing other than winning. There are many more of us that appreciate and enjoy the success we've had and while we want it to go on forever realize that it is unlikely we can continue the recent pace. However, that doesn't mean we don't have high expectations for our team. :)

Comment

Hit up Wayne or some of the TK guys. They are much more tuned into the money thing than I.

Comment

I do know that there is something like 400,000 dollars difference between being fully funded for out of state vs fully funded for in state.

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
                      I think you are right, but I believe most of those fans are younger and know nothing other than winning. There are many more of us that appreciate and enjoy the success we've had and while we want it to go on forever realize that it is unlikely we can continue the recent pace. However, that doesn't mean we don't have high expectations for our team. :)
                      Had a meeting with the guys from my Fraternity a couple years back and they were telling me NW has always been good...told them NW beat Truman 16 of the last 17 times they played and are still down 15 in the overall series...they didn't believe me until they Googled it...the younger fan base is definitely spoiled and from what I see, a lot of the older fan base is mis-remembering NW FB history.

I'll enjoy the ride as long as it goes!

Comment

• Comment

I think some Bearcat fans fail to appreciate the magnitude of what's been accomplished when they express such confidence that it will go on forever.
                          It is basically an entire lifetime's worth of achievement packed into a 20-year period.

Comment

• Comment

I was referring to NW. All it took was an afternoon. Hays rolled in declared prima nocte, slayed bearcats, danced on graves. And got Wright to roll over and let us pet his belly all before supper.

Its growth or regression. You are moving forward or taking a step back. NW took a step back. Hays took a step forward

Comment

I was referring to NW. All it took was an afternoon. Hays rolled in declared prima nocte, slayed bearcats, danced on graves. And got Wright to roll over and let us pet his belly all before supper.

Its growth or regression. You are moving forward or taking a step back. NW took a step back. Hays took a step forward

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X