Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Look at number of assistants, gas. Equip staff. Little things that a full time coach doesnt have to bother with. More eyes for breakdowns etc
    When I first started following the MIAA 20 years ago there were some pretty big differences in the number of coaches on staff, but it seems less the case today. Most programs have caught up in the last 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
      he doesn't seem like the type to leave after a loss, and why would he? he catches a lot of fish with his hook...myself included at times. ;)
      Exactly. I never once thought for a moment he'd go hide.

Comment

Look at number of assistants, gas. Equip staff. Little things that a full time coach doesnt have to bother with. More eyes for breakdowns etc
        You seem to have ran out of ammo and are now shooting blanks.

I would talk about anything but the game(s) too.

Comment

Just to clear up a lot of the BS in this thread....

Collegiate budget reporting is not uniform. A lot of it is BS. It's amazing how every one of them comes up with the exact amount of expenses versus revenue.

All of the talk about how NW's budget is so much bigger than everyone else's is just that, talk, because what everyone is really concerned about is operating budget. I would guess that it's the largest but even if you take the numbers supplied to the equality in education website, then do the accounting for salaries and all that, the numbers become much closer.

Northwest employs six full time coaches. It's a very typical number in Division II. Any discussion that there is some advantage because they are paying tons of coaches is bogus. They don't even have any veteran coaches like Pitt used to have volunteering. The coaches you see are GAs and young volunteers.

Addidas gave them free uniforms for being on TV.

The new helmets were purchased by the booster club.

The helmet stickers for military day are purchased by a military veteran every year.

A former player donated money to buy the black jerseys that Bostwick wanted.

Etc, Etc.

Bart Tatum and Josh Lamberson are the only Mel Tjeerdsma understudies that failed to make the playoffs as head coaches. Svoboda, Dorrel, Wright, and Wagner have all made the playoffs.

Mel Tjeerdsma was not highly paid to get him to Northwest. He eventually got paid a lot to keep him there.

When Tjeerdsma arrived, Northwest had one of the worst stadiums in the MIAA.

Hosting three or four playoff games in a year will add about $100k to the budget.

Chris Brown has done a wonderful job at Fort Hays. It's probably the most impressive job since Tjeerdsma transformed Northwest because Mel only really had to overcome Pitt State. The other programs were not giving the level of effort that they are now.

Comment

How much did they pay to get Mel there to begin with??

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I have read a ton of times how NW has all the money. Do they pay more assistant coaches, pay them better with it, or what?

I know that's where the SEC cash comes into play in D1. They have coords making near HC pay to keep them around, etc...

Is that what NW does to gain advantage from being the "haves"?
              Who do you consider to be the "haves" in this conference? Serious question...
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

You couldn't have more perfectly illustrated what I was trying to say. He's such a fun guy. Thanks Rainy. :laugh:

Comment

That's pretty cool...
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                    Who do you consider to be the "haves" in this conference? Serious question...
                    Nw, uco, ucm

Like Brandon says, reporting is bs, so I don't really know, but am pretty sure those 3 are fully funded.

Comment

• Last edited by JurisBearcat; 09-08-2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Go back to the RMAC then idiot. Your arguments are borderline Special Education type stuff. Mel came into NW with not much more than the shirt on his back and cleaned house. If you can go back that far, he got rid of all the Buchanan Street Library kids and built the program back from the ground up. AD is trying to do the same thing at ACU. He went there and was adamant on getting rid of Scholly kids but he Dipshiit AD wouldn't allow that. Well the AD at ACU is not longer there.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Nw, uco, ucm

Like Brandon says, reporting is bs, so I don't really know, but am pretty sure those 3 are fully funded.
                          Fully funded compared to what. Looks like the Facilities are top of the line at Pitt compared to NW. I guess that NW was smarter at spending money on schollies than Pitt etc. I have always heard from kids at NW that they would rather have great players than great facilities. I see that has paid of tremendously for NW. Pitt Sucks...ahahahahaha

Comment

Watched a rerun of the game last night. Would someone relay to the tv folks that it is hard to watch with all the "3rd down", etc. In fact they missed some plays because of their concern for getting the crowd riled up. They did succeed in getting me riled up, I must say!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                              Fully funded compared to what. Looks like the Facilities are top of the line at Pitt compared to NW. I guess that NW was smarter at spending money on schollies than Pitt etc. I have always heard from kids at NW that they would rather have great players than great facilities. I see that has paid of tremendously for NW. Pitt Sucks...ahahahahaha
                              Pitt is not fully funded on scholarships. Most of the facilities are donated money.

Not sure why they can get people to donate 15 million dollar buildings, video boards, and stadium renovations, but can't get them to donate for scholarship endowments, or keep up on professorial salaries? The latter really pisses me off.

Comment

It would be quite nice if they did for sure. Maybe the math department wouldn't have elected to not fill a full time teaching position that was opened a couple years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X