X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome, Rogers State University

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    Lincoln doesn't fit that is obvious.

This is a new day. To keep up with Pitt and nw. Schools make major investments with mainly alum money. Go 2-9 and see how that goeswith alums.
    What happened at Pitt since they have had 4 loss years you yourself haven't been happy with staff for a few years.

When is last time miaa has had a team get out with an undefeated season so they can get the easier road to NC game

If Lincoln and nsu. Go. How long will moso and unk survive at 0 and 11

My point isn't that it's ok to be bad it's that conference needs to find a way to help all schools prosper. And silo schedule isn't it. But niether is forcing teams out
    UNK is improving. Moso was at least competitive just a few years ago.

I am very unhappy with current results. I want people put in place to make Pitt succeed in the MIAA. I don't want them to go to a conference where they can keep being mediocre and still make the playoffs.

I do agree about the silo scheduling, but we can't get away from it without either dropping teams or splitting the conference and ending the tradition of producing an actual champion.

I will also add that I remember being very frustrated in some seasons where MIAA teams that had a shot to do something in the PO's have been left out in favor of mediocre teams in weak conferences. (Say they split the conference in half this season and Pitt went undefeated without playing NW, MW, or Hays, and each of those teams had 1 loss because they beat up on each other. In that scenario, all 3 teams might be better than Pitt, but 2 of them would likely stay at home while Pitt had a PO game.)

I think NSU would be a good program to drop because they have shown interest in getting better by finding weaker competition. MSSU too for the same reason.

Of course I'm just a fan, so I definitely look at it differently than an administrator would.

The teams that left, at least TSU and Rolla, had much higher academic standards and placed an importance in providing sports that the MIAA doesn't have to begin with. There was more to their decision than looking for an easier path. SBU is a private religious school, so I'm less sure about them. Elwood is also a good fit in the GLVC from geographic and variety of sports standpoints.

NSU has a large enrollment and isn't a bad fit geographically for the MIAA. I don't know if they offer a bunch of sports that the MIAA doesn't, but it seems that they should be able to become competitive in the conference if they chose to go that route instead of the way they seem to be leaning.

Comment

I forgot about ft hays dang it. How many of those are nw?

Comment

Uco just dropped 14 million on a performance center in football stadium. In last few years redid baseball and softball fields. It has 15 k. Students and is in a major metro area. Has 14 sports and already has d1sports of wrestling and rowing.

The key for them is a good football season

Southland would be best guess
        UCO has 15 sports. They have only 5 men's sports and D1 requires at least 6. The wrestling and rowing teams compete in D2 not D1. Wrestling is a MIAA sport and Rowing won the D2 national championship this past May.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what this off season brings for nsu. PP I get your point about competition. But this clinging to a true conference championship is not as important to conference that competes for NC every year. It's just a sign on a press box. The key is to get most teams into po. And splitting into divisions with non conference will make that better.

GAC top is getting a little better every year. And they are going to get two in most years. And they have won enough po games to deserve that.

The administration isn't one who wants out it's the alum who want to win. The meeting in Tulsa was to raise funds no official report I read ever mentioned leaving or getting funds. But I could be wrong but don't remember reading that.

Comment

When did D2 start sponsering wrestling again

Comment

I forgot about ft hays dang it. How many of those are nw?
              All but last year. Pitt went undefeated in 2004 and got to Florence.

Comment

When did D2 start sponsering wrestling again
                The NCAA recognizes a D2 Wrestling champion continuously since 1963. UCO has won 7 titles. https://www.ncaa.com/history/wrestling/d2
                Last edited by Tech Boys; 10-19-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                  The NCAA recognizes a D2 Wrestling champion continuously since 1963. UCO has won 7 titles. https://www.ncaa.com/history/wrestling/d2
                  Yep. UNO won it in 2010-2011 and then got Trevved. UNK usually does well, too.

Comment

Ah I know what I did. It was hockey that got dropped. Oh well see that's what I get for taking a few years off from board.
                    Has as the lindenwood leaving miaa a school short on wrestling been addressed?

Comment

I liked that pitt team. That was a good team.

Comment

Uco just dropped 14 million on a performance center in football stadium. In last few years redid baseball and softball fields. It has 15 k. Students and is in a major metro area. Has 14 sports and already has d1sports of wrestling and rowing.

The key for them is a good football season

Southland would be best guess

Comment

Tulsa and Oral Roberts are big brothers? Man you are all over the map with some of your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                            Yep. UNO won it in 2010-2011 and then got Trevved. UNK usually does well, too.
                            Fun fact, the UNO coach basically transplanted his program to local St Louis School Maryville University. Started their program up, obviously competed well right off the bat. Maryville and Lindenwood have a nice little rivalry going now. Lindenwood wrestling program is probably their most successful of all of their Sports.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                              Tulsa and Oral Roberts are big brothers? Man you are all over the map with some of your claims.
                              Hello OR is a private school geez. Where is Tulsa located? Cmon man you are smarter than that.

Here let me help you out Big Brothers are in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                Hello OR is a private school geez. Where is Tulsa located? Cmon man you are smarter than that.

Here let me help you out Big Brothers are in the Big 12.
                                I don't need help, i'm pointing out the fact the state of Oklahoma has 4 DI programs, nothing is keeping UCO from joining them if you think that's what they want to do. OU and OSU least of all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X