Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome, Rogers State University

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    I don't need help, i'm pointing out the fact the state of Oklahoma has 4 DI programs, nothing is keeping UCO from joining them if you think that's what they want to do. OU and OSU least of all.

It's osu you have to watch out for. That's how Rogers state came into being. Osu alum got osu Tulsa out if hands of a 4 school consortium where nsu had 70 percent of students and osu less than 10.

If uco wasn't 45 Mile's from both schools then it would already have support and be d1. It's positioning itself to be ok 3rd big school with state wide recruitment and doctoral program

I think it's president is leaving also. Dr betz he was pres at nsu when they left lsc to join miaa. If next Hire is a big school guy and young and ambitious, watch them Jump
    Last edited by the Northeasterner; 10-19-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
      I don't need help, i'm pointing out the fact the state of Oklahoma has 4 DI programs, nothing is keeping UCO from joining them if you think that's what they want to do. OU and OSU least of all.
      You must be naive to how the State of Ok funds Universities and what Alums are in the State Government.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

It's osu you have to watch out for. That's how Rogers state came into being. Osu alum got osu Tulsa out if hands of a 4 school consortium where nsu had 70 percent of students and osu less than 10.

If uco wasn't 45 Mile's from both schools then it would already have support and be d1. It's positioning itself to be ok 3rd big school with state wide recruitment and doctoral program

I think it's president is leaving also. Dr betz he was pres at nsu when they left lsc to join miaa. If next Hire is a big school guy and young and ambitious, watch them Jump

Have to be honest, that explainatition was a little rambling and hard to follow, but I sort of got the idea.....I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          Have to be honest, that explainatition was a little rambling and hard to follow, but I sort of got the idea.....I guess.
          I understand. Sorry about it. It's hard to explain state politics using a phone lol. But nothing gets done in Tulsa if osu doesn't want it.

They basically hijacked something because it threatened thier control of Tulsa . Now ou has it's own Tulsa campus and nsu has branch in nearby suburb. If uco wants go it better make sure it has political stroke.

But they are spending advertising money on thunder basketball so they are not messing around. But the uco posters should prob speak for thier school more than I am
          Last edited by the Northeasterner; 10-19-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Three key things will have to happen for UCO to go D1.

*Add a men's sport.
            *At least double the athletic budget.

UCO has the control over these two things but is it possible in a state with budget issues.

*Get a conference invite.

UCO has no control over this. The Southland is really the only viable option but are they looking to increase the size of their conference. If it is any other conference, where does football go; maybe the MVFC. I have a hard time believing UCO would want to let football be independent and certainly not de-emphasize football and be in the Pioneer League.

UCObluejay, what do you say? Is there any talk of D1 on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
              Three key things will have to happen for UCO to go D1.

*Add a men's sport.
              *At least double the athletic budget.

UCO has the control over these two things but is it possible in a state with budget issues.

*Get a conference invite.

UCO has no control over this. The Southland is really the only viable option but are they looking to increase the size of their conference. If it is any other conference, where does football go; maybe the MVFC. I have a hard time believing UCO would want to let football be independent and certainly not de-emphasize football and be in the Pioneer League.

UCObluejay, what do you say? Is there any talk of D1 on campus?

I don't think any UCO posters on here give 2 fat sewer rat asses about going D1. cant speak for anyone else but im just worried about winning the next F'in game and then the next. until we win something significant in football, the school has to figure out how to put asses in the seats and fix the parking sh*tuition...

that parking on the west side is like trying to pick up your kids from kindergarten at a rich school. they need to start blowing up buildings n stuff. if I have to pay another gdamn parking ticket.....D U D E!

anyway, like I said, we have some things to worry about before we even try to head that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                I don't think any UCO posters on here give 2 fat sewer rat asses about going D1. cant speak for anyone else but im just worried about winning the next F'in game and then the next. until we win something significant in football, the school has to figure out how to put asses in the seats and fix the parking sh*tuition...

that parking on the west side is like trying to pick up your kids from kindergarten at a rich school. they need to start blowing up buildings n stuff. if I have to pay another gdamn parking ticket.....D U D E!

anyway, like I said, we have some things to worry about before we even try to head that direction.
                Good points. People will say a school needs to or is looking to go D1 just based on the school's location on a map, has a large enrollment, or doing facility renovations. These people have no connection to the school and don't have any understanding of that school's culture, philosophy, finances, or physical needs. When someone who has the inside information of their respective school tries to inform and correct them, they either tell you that you are wrong or just ignore you.

Personally, I just don't see any reason why anymore schools would want to go D1 but I'm also not going to gripe about a school making the move. I don't ever see Arkansas Tech going there.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                  I don't think any UCO posters on here give 2 fat sewer rat asses about going D1.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

don't we all
                    look before you leap
                    for every dakota there are a bunch more unc's
                    as for rogers st, i have never heard of them hopefully they are at least respectable although who knows clearly that's not req'd based on other adds from the past.
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      I understand. Sorry about it. It's hard to explain state politics using a phone lol. But nothing gets done in Tulsa if osu doesn't want it.

They basically hijacked something because it threatened thier control of Tulsa . Now ou has it's own Tulsa campus and nsu has branch in nearby suburb. If uco wants go it better make sure it has political stroke.

But they are spending advertising money on thunder basketball so they are not messing around. But the uco posters should prob speak for thier school more than I am
                      UCO claims the title "Oklahoma's Metropolitan University" so that is why they're likely sponsoring anything OKC related. I don't know what OU or OKCU think about that but that is a different story.
                      I don't think UCO will go D-I FCS. I could be wrong but I don't see how it's possible.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

I don't think the Rogers State add is a bad one and probably is a much better move than Newman. I just don't see the MIAA adding another football school anytime soon. UNO was the perfect beast but we know their story. The only school that left the MIAA outside of UNO that hurt imo was Truman State. Those defections really limited to where the conference could go northern wise. I guess there still is William Jewell but they are bad in football to start and wouldn't want to bottom feed in the MIAA.

We just have to face the reality that we will be a 10 team conference in football and have the luxury of having one non-conference game now. Sure MoSouth and Northeastern could bail for "easier" waters but still think it would be bad on their end to do so. Just get better in football with good coaching hires!

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                          Those defections really limited to where the conference could go northern wise.
                          Wayne St. (NE) is some distance but it's not horrible in ease of travel for most teams in the MIAA - just get on I-49/29 for most teams in the MIAA footprint.

Comment

Yes I guess Wayne State would be one logical addition for sure. Adding another Nebraska school wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

Comment

Yes I guess Wayne State would be one logical addition for sure. Adding another Nebraska school wouldn't be that bad of an idea.
                              Not much to choose from; Chadron would make absolutely no sense. It's not a good location fit even in the RMAC

Comment

I don't think the Rogers State add is a bad one and probably is a much better move than Newman. I just don't see the MIAA adding another football school anytime soon. UNO was the perfect beast but we know their story. The only school that left the MIAA outside of UNO that hurt imo was Truman State. Those defections really limited to where the conference could go northern wise. I guess there still is William Jewell but they are bad in football to start and wouldn't want to bottom feed in the MIAA.

We just have to face the reality that we will be a 10 team conference in football and have the luxury of having one non-conference game now. Sure MoSouth and Northeastern could bail for "easier" waters but still think it would be bad on their end to do so. Just get better in football with good coaching hires!
                                10 would suck because everyone will have a different open week making scheduling a nightmare. 9 would be ok.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X