Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

I got to watch this one, then made the 1 block trip to watch the last half of a good hs playoff game. Was a good football day.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
      ya, when it gets cold for some reason we just don't get those 10K to 15K crowds - what's up with that? - kids, what can you do - it will be nicer next year with the renovated football center and locker rooms (north end zone) - as for the sound system I believe it was recently replaced - I don't remember it being bad earlier in the year when I was up there for a game - hmmm...sorry it spoiled your trip :tongue:
      Hahaha you guys have a very cool setup. The new building will be cool when it's done for sure. Everyone we met was really cool, too. Met Kleshreen and Redwing before the game along with the GV TV color guy, Bob Mitchell (good dudes, all of them), and a couple other tailgates. Lots to be proud of GV Nation, even in a disappointing loss, for sure.
      Last edited by Ian Carlson; 11-17-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
        with all the hype of espn3 it has been a disappointing stream. lots of freezing and loading times...
        Must be hour internet feed because mine is running smooth a silk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat72 View Post
          Must be hour internet feed because mine is running smooth a silk.
          I watched it on my pc and did not have any problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
            Hahaha you guys have a very cool setup. The new building will be cool when it's done for sure. Everyone we met was really cool, too. Met Kleshreen and Redwing before the game along with the GV TV color guy, Bob Mitchell (good dudes, all of them), and a couple other tailgates. Lots to be proud of GV Nation, even in a disappointing loss, for sure.
            Thanks Ian. Enjoyed the chatter. But dang, wtf did NW do to us in the second half? I felt GV was on the edge for the first half (no TDs!) but I was hoping some adjustments would change the tide. Our D Started that third Q well, but then pfff!. NW just took it to us. (Frankly our QB didn't look good for much,.... I'm thinking it was a variety of factors.. including HIS play.)

Best of luck to you folks. Hope it won't be so long to see you guys again... Damn, I'm bummed. Maybe a trip to Big Rapids may be in store for me next week... Nah, I couldn't handle watching that, uhem, coach, up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
              What.......? That's easily the most ass backward statement I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                STFU...and #FreeBolles.
                Have heard that Bolles is indeed free and coming back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                  Have heard that Bolles is indeed free and coming back next year.
                  Graduating and considering a transfer to Northwest?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                    Graduating and considering a transfer to Northwest?
                    Nope, to UCM. Didn't want to be third string....or would that be at Pitt? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                      I would Echo Ian's comments! Cool Place and all I expected! D2 Bucket List Item crossed off and a PO win to boot! On to Ferris! See everyone in Big Rapids! If not, you are missing a special team, and a throw back to the beginning of the Bearcat rise to excellence!
                      Last edited by Sir Shanks Alot; 11-21-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Shanks Alot View Post
                        I would Echo Ian's comments! Cool Place and all I expected! D2 Bucket List Item crossed off and a PO win to boot! On to Ferris! See everyone in Great Falls! If not, you are missing a special team, and a throw back to the beginning of the Bearcat rise to excellence!
                        Did that Bearcat "Rise to Excellence" include traveling to a city in Montana that does not have a college football team?

Good luck to the Bearcats on their trip to Big Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          Did that Bearcat "Rise to Excellence" include traveling to a city in Montana that does not have a college football team?

Good luck to the Bearcats on their trip to Big Rapids.
                          To people from flat to rolling terrain, terms like Big Rapids and Great Falls are very confusing.

We're a directional school. We understand directions. Grand Valley is named after a river valley, but they're the Lakers. Ferris state is named after a person. Only schools like Truman State, Lincoln, and Wasburn do that. If you don't go by a directional name, tell us where you are. Pittsburg State is in Pittsburg. Guess where Ft. Hays State is from.

Keep it simple.

Comment

OOoooopppps! Snow Blind Jet Lag from last night! Big Falls, Grand Rapids, Grand Falls, Little Rapids, Little Big, Big Little? I know we are going somewhere next weekend. I better let some one else navigate Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                              To people from flat to rolling terrain, terms like Big Rapids and Great Falls are very confusing.

We're a directional school. We understand directions. Grand Valley is named after a river valley, but they're the Lakers. Ferris state is named after a person. Only schools like Truman State, Lincoln, and Wasburn do that. If you don't go by a directional name, tell us where you are. Pittsburg State is in Pittsburg. Guess where Ft. Hays State is from.

Keep it simple.
                              I know it's asking a bit much, but you may be required to explore a map. I know, I know..out of the ole comfort zone, but c'mon, you can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                                I know it's asking a bit much, but you may be required to explore a map. I know, I know..out of the ole comfort zone, but c'mon, you can do it!
                                I was infantry for 16 years, 13 as an NCO. Maps aren't out of my comfort zone at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X