Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can pretty much cut and paste 2017 to 2018. Small changes but same results. Pitt starts off with hair on fire, Beck save jobs because of 5 wins. Loses 4. still has job.

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Both Washburn and Missouri Southern can beat this poorly coached Pitt State team.
      What happened to the "All World Defense" that Dreiling was supposed to have...(still in the works)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

What happened to the "All World Defense" that Dreiling was supposed to have...(still in the works)
        They've made no adjustments through the course of any game this season or through the course of the season. As the season's gone along, teams have figured them out earlier and earlier in the games. UCM and MW had them figured out right out of the gate.

Beck continuing to be Beck was expected. Wiemers retaining his reverse-Midas touch was expected. Dreiling making no progress as a coach after being the type of player who continually made progress has been the unexpected disappointment of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Been waiting for it all year. I think team pursuit and overall speed is down this year, but I don't see as much overplaying in the front 7 as what we used too. The line backer transfers, while athletes, I don't think gel with the unit as a whole yet, and probably won't, Kaden Roy is a listed as a sophomore, so hopefully he will be back. We have a lot of young guys in the defensive backs getting meaningful reps as well, and another year according to the roster for Salamea. Defensive Line is going to be a huge question mark next year with Thomas, Wyrick, Jeffcoat, Morris, and Bingaman all being seniors...

I'm not worried about WR(Sorry West) but I am pretty sure Clemons has another year of eligibility and Dylan White and Bryce Murphy. Horack, Adkins and Cooper(who hasn't touched the ball since Northwest, injured), are all juniors. Mak can ball out, if he can learn to go beyond his first read. Even Mlekus has gotten better for the most part, although I thought he had a awful game Saturday (fumbles McGee). I don't know why Harman gets any reps, he has a noodle arm isn't super accurate and doesn't seem to be very quick.

Besides the questionable game decisions that all coaches make, and Frankenstein offense, I don't know what Beck and Co need to do that they aren't doing to be winners... Is our roster really 23-11 team the last since 2017. How do they recruit better players to come to Pitt? Is Pitt really as financed as well as we think they are? Its no surprise as public university in KS has been losing enrollment for several years, then budget cuts for the better part of a decade here.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Been waiting for it all year. I think team pursuit and overall speed is down this year, but I don't see as much overplaying in the front 7 as what we used too. The line backer transfers, while athletes, I don't think gel with the unit as a whole yet, and probably won't, Kaden Roy is a listed as a sophomore, so hopefully he will be back. We have a lot of young guys in the defensive backs getting meaningful reps as well, and another year according to the roster for Salamea. Defensive Line is going to be a huge question mark next year with Thomas, Wyrick, Jeffcoat, Morris, and Bingaman all being seniors...

I'm not worried about WR(Sorry West) but I am pretty sure Clemons has another year of eligibility and Dylan White and Bryce Murphy. Horack, Adkins and Cooper(who hasn't touched the ball since Northwest, injured), are all juniors. Mak can ball out, if he can learn to go beyond his first read. Even Mlekus has gotten better for the most part, although I thought he had a awful game Saturday (fumbles McGee). I don't know why Harman gets any reps, he has a noodle arm isn't super accurate and doesn't seem to be very quick.

Besides the questionable game decisions that all coaches make, and Frankenstein offense, I don't know what Beck and Co need to do that they aren't doing to be winners... Is our roster really 23-11 team the last since 2017. How do they recruit better players to come to Pitt? Is Pitt really as financed as well as we think they are? Its no surprise as public university in KS has been losing enrollment for several years, then budget cuts for the better part of a decade here.
            Maybe it was the "Mold Problem" in the dorms a few years back that really set enrollment in a tailspin.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

They've made no adjustments through the course of any game this season or through the course of the season. As the season's gone along, teams have figured them out earlier and earlier in the games. UCM and MW had them figured out right out of the gate.

Beck continuing to be Beck was expected. Wiemers retaining his reverse-Midas touch was expected. Dreiling making no progress as a coach after being the type of player who continually made progress has been the unexpected disappointment of the season.
              I don't think that's necessarily true. Sometimes major adjustments don't need to be made, players need to execute. The defense has been pretty solid in the second half the games this year.

UCO-Bad half, thanks to 4 fumbles
              ESU- 2- TDs second half
              NSU- 3 pts total
              UNK- 2 TDs total
              Lincoln- 2 TDs total
              Northwest was held a single TD in second half.
              Hays had two, when they had 4 in the first half.
              UCM they gave up 16
              MoWest had 2 in the second half.

I think they just aren't getting the big plays that they were getting.

Comment

They have definitely made in game adjustments, but when there are multiple missed tackles on nearly every play, and multiple plays a game where an entire side of the field is left uncovered, it's not a scheme problem. It's a culture problem.
                Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-04-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

What Pitt does consistently is fail to get the most out of the talent they have. That is also a culture issue.

To be clear, I'm not saying they are the most talented team out there. They are not, but they do get less out of their talent than Hays, MW, ESU, UNK, WU, NW, and maybe even UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    What Pitt does consistently is fail to get the most out of the talent they have. That is also a culture issue.

To be clear, I'm not saying they are the most talented team out there. They are not, but they do get less out of their talent than Hays, MW, ESU, UNK, WU, NW, and maybe even UCM.
                    How does a coach get that? This is more of just a curiosity question. How do some coaches seem to be able to get kids to perform, and some not. How do they at one point, and then no longer? Its weird...

Comment

How does a coach get that? This is more of just a curiosity question. How do some coaches seem to be able to get kids to perform, and some not. How do they at one point, and then no longer? Its weird...
                      It's about communication and buy in. I think it starts with total buy in and trust amongst the staff. Recruiting leaders and getting them to buy in and take responsibility for growing the culture is probably the next step.

Comment

Would love to hear from others on the subject, though.

Comment

Extreme Leadership LEAP

Comment

In business, the goal is to get everyone to take ownwership of and be accountable to the team amd the process.

Giving big bonuses is the carrot there. I guess Playoffs and beyond would be the carrot in football?

Comment

Just asking, but has Pitt States' recruiting base (geographically speaking) changed significantly over the years? I'm not any kind of expert on Pitt State or college football in general, but I've watched *a lot* of Pitt State games over the years. First time I saw them play was 1989....what a team that was. My memory isn't so good but it looks like they're not getting guys who are as big, strong and fast as they once were. They're fine athletes but there just isn't separation of talent like there once was....maybe it's because so many other teams are "trying" now (I know people were trying back then, but so many teams have really invested in their football programs in recent years it's not the same as it once was). I think Pitt is a very, very good football program and I'm certainly not going to try to tell someone how they should feel about their team: they know far better than I. But maybe their recruiting just isn't what it was, and maybe that's the focus they should examine. I don't know, just a couple thoughts.
                              Northwest Missouri State University
                              BEARCATS

Comment

I've heard the recruiting knock on Pitt, and that honestly may be it. Then again, Broyles was actually great at getting the most out of program kids, especially bitd. Those kids got better each practice, each game, and each year. I don't see the player development at all any more, especially at oline and qb.

It's hard to say on the defense. The entire shift has been towards speed, and the game has changed so much. The best pitt d Line players seem to be transfers for the most part anymore. GusToca and Sima Thomas being the exceptions that come to mind. Corners have also been 1 or 2 year rentals for the most part, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X