nwms
    ps
    cm
    mowest
    kearney
    hays
    es
    wburn

i give the edge to the controlling costs....lot of powers over there....very sec west-esque.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    I'm sure these have been floated, but haven't seen it in this thread yet. How do people feel about an East that includes all the MO schools and Pitt State and a West that includes the other 3 KS schools, both OK schools and UNK?

In terms of travel cost gripes, I would think UNK and NSU would have the most to complain about, but at least for UNK, that's almost always going to be the case. It can be resolved in the near term by having their cross-division games include the nearer teams and exclude the farther teams.

In terms of loss of historical rivalries, I think the only place that exists at all is with Pitt State and the other 3 KS schools, but 100 out of 100 Pitt State fans would prioritize the MoSo and NW rivalries and probably a majority of Pitt State fans wouldn't have the 3 KS schools slotted any higher than MW and UCM.
    i think we should invite the blind indian school pitt used to schedule & beat by 100 along w/ baker, mo valley, & nebraska wesleyan. then we can split into divisions w/ exclusive scheduling w/in said div's, teams w/ the best records all play each other at the end of the yr. whomever's in first is in a ccg, we'll play it at the soccer park until they kick us out.

Leave a comment:

replied
    maybe?
    i don't think the schools are any more honest than the league is when giving "reasons" for questionable decisions.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied
    I'm sure these have been floated, but haven't seen it in this thread yet. How do people feel about an East that includes all the MO schools and Pitt State and a West that includes the other 3 KS schools, both OK schools and UNK?

In terms of travel cost gripes, I would think UNK and NSU would have the most to complain about, but at least for UNK, that's almost always going to be the case. It can be resolved in the near term by having their cross-division games include the nearer teams and exclude the farther teams.

In terms of loss of historical rivalries, I think the only place that exists at all is with Pitt State and the other 3 KS schools, but 100 out of 100 Pitt State fans would prioritize the MoSo and NW rivalries and probably a majority of Pitt State fans wouldn't have the 3 KS schools slotted any higher than MW and UCM.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I think both would have bolted, either way. They just fit better there. The GLVC has other schools who offer all the sports that they do, they fit geographically, and they seem to follow the same funding mindset that most GLVC schools do.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I don't understand why geography is being used as the main criteria in football when we are currently playing everyone so travel obviously isn't a huge hardship.

I mean, you are playing all but 2 no matter what. Obviously, it should be considered some, but i think competitive balance and preserving rivalries should be more important.
    Because controlling costs was one of the reasons given for expansion and for the incestuous scheduling. It's a compromise.

I did some research and found that there were many schools closer to UCO than NW and visa versa.

Side Note: Let's pretend that some combination of UNK, FHSU, UCO, and NSU hadn't joined the MIAA. Do you think Truman State and Lindenwood would still have bolted to the GLVC?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I don't understand why geography is being used as the main criteria in football when we are currently playing everyone so travel obviously isn't a huge hardship.

I mean, you are playing all but 2 no matter what. Obviously, it should be considered some, but i think competitive balance and preserving rivalries should be more important.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    For what it's worth, these are the divisions in basketball this year (with non-football schools Newman and Rogers State):

Last year Pittsburg State and Missouri Southern were in the western division while Lindenwood and Southwest Baptist were in the eastern.
    This makes no since to me. The obvious split is a straight line from the top right to the bottom left. 7 teams on each side of the line and the only "scheduling pair" that is split is CentralOK/Newman which have never been rivals.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    For what it's worth, these are the divisions in basketball this year (with non-football schools Newman and Rogers State):

Last year Pittsburg State and Missouri Southern were in the western division while Lindenwood and Southwest Baptist were in the eastern.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I would prefer the one where Lincoln and nsu cancel football.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post

The one on the right separates Hays/Kearney & Emporia/Washburn.
    Agreed Randy. I think the first one makes the most sense but some NW/UCM folks might object to it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    if we're going to screw this up we should really go for the gusto,

jesse james division
    nwms
    wburn
    nk
    hays
    es
    co

wyatt earp division
    ps
    nest
    moso
    cm
    mowest
    lincoln

then every yr we can play pitt in stillwell (since they don't like camarohead) to settle this thing once & for all.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I think these two make the most sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miaa.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	477178
    The one on the right separates Hays/Kearney & Emporia/Washburn.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    I think these two make the most sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miaa.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	477178

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Brandon has been floating a rotating plan for years. I think that some kind of rotation would be best.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X