• northwest missouri state
    replied
    it appears the vote is jan 24

https://www.kq2.com/content/sports-s...566879601.html

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Did they vote yet, and what was the result?
    +1

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied
    To the extent the league is considering playoff ramifications as a part of its deliberation of this decision (which it seems pretty obvious that they are), this is something that is appropriate for the league to consider. It's basically what would've happened in 2013 if Pitt State hadn't laid an egg against MoSo. Both ESU and Pitt State would've had one loss (to eventual NC NW) and one of them maybe/likely gets left out of the playoffs for reasons essentially out of their control. If the conference is going to go down the road of adding non-conference games without reducing conference football membership to ten teams, it has to consider how to schedule conference games in a manner that gives teams the most control over their own postseason destiny.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Good point. How do non-conference games help if you are trying to get a couple of "guaranteed" wins if you end up replacing the two worst teams in the league? Or vice versa if you are trying to improve your strength of schedule but get stuck with the bottom dwellers and lose the top teams?
    It seems like this is a simple thing to do but there are a lot of layers involved.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied

As long as schedule is set to rotate the teams you don't play and not stick with home and home two year cycle, it shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Hornetfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post

"A nice cake game or two" is what they played, Lincoln & Northeastern.
    Good point. How do non-conference games help if you are trying to get a couple of "guaranteed" wins if you end up replacing the two worst teams in the league? Or vice versa if you are trying to improve your strength of schedule but get stuck with the bottom dwellers and lose the top teams?
    It seems like this is a simple thing to do but there are a lot of layers involved.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Just look at Southern. They improved a ton last season, but it didn't earn them many wins. A nice cake game or two would have given them some real hope.
    "A nice cake game or two" is what they played, Lincoln & Northeastern.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Just look at Southern. They improved a ton last season, but it didn't earn them many wins. A nice cake game or two would have given them some real hope.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    A few thoughts:

There have been co-champions in three of the six years of the silo schedule, which undermines the "one true champion" argument.......

I simply don't see a way forward for programs like NSU and Lincoln to get competitive when they are only playing MIAA teams. Give them the flexibility to schedule a couple of non-con games where they can get some wins and get some confidence (or some money), and who knows?
    The conference chsmpuon is irrelevant in day of 7 po seeds per region .

There are not many ways forward for nsu unless there is a change. It will take half a decade of good luck and hard work.

You will know if it's possible by end if 2020 season if there is improvement 2019 was a deliberate tank. Of a season

?????and yes an easy win would do a bunch for nsu program right now just to change environment.

Switching to Lonestar would not help us. We are more geographically isolated from Lonestar than miaa by far. It would allows us to recruit texaskids more but beside that it would kill our operations cost . Which is what wore us down in 00's and Lonestar is the even more Western and southern now than it was then .

I don't think there is a place in gac for us.

But I truly believe that we can fit in miaa ifwe get our football program on track.

I hope they vote to open it up for nsu sakes but I also believe it will benefit whole conference as well .

But this is has been my position for I've five years

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    To those unaware, a lot of the back and forth with northwestmissouristate and me is really about fun jokes we've made over the years. The silver pants thing has been a running joke forever and is why I created the avatar that he has.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post

So in your mind Bill Self is a better coach than Coach K, Tom Izzo, and Jay Wright? He is the king of the small pond but has trouble when the pond and the fish get bigger.

If you win a national title or make deep playoff runs every year wouldn't you also by default win your conference most of those years and defeat your rivals in almost all those years?
    no. coach k is the best of all time, the others you mentioned are comparable.
    yes

the point of my comment there is related to how i feel the league should prioritize what it would necessarily give deference to when figuring out scheduling.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Did they vote yet, and what was the result?

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    it is just a matter of what you value. as awful as silo is i prefer it to competing for a league title against a school(s) we'd necessarily not play while competing for said title.

we might think let's say that ps was better than es in 2013. i just think for them not to ever have the chance to play outside of possibly the po's if both make it is asinine when awarding a conf title they are both competing in part against each other for

at least in div 1a there are ccg's where there is a logical path to a reasonable outcome for such scenarios. that wouldn't work here w/ scheduling for the po's obv.

now if you don't think the cc is that important then maybe it's not as big a deal. i happen to think it's really important....more important than the nc frankly. winning the latter is extremely rare, our recent run not w/ standing whereas a cc is more consistently attainable for all schools involved & involves beating our rivals.

so it just depends on pov.
    So in your mind Bill Self is a better coach than Coach K, Tom Izzo, and Jay Wright? He is the king of the small pond but has trouble when the pond and the fish get bigger.

If you win a national title or make deep playoff runs every year wouldn't you also by default win your conference most of those years and defeat your rivals in almost all those years?

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...16a2.image.jpg
    https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-co...combo-site.jpg
    https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...n-ksuneb02.jpg

idr the '70s tradition you speak of but no doubt all those unis above look fab w/ just one think in common. quite the coinkidink.
    Now I want to tell you a story. And I'm going to ask you to close your eyes... I want you to picture those pants... Now imagine they're white.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X