X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Division I. The only roadblock at this point is finding a conference.
    IDK how a private school with an enrollment of only 2K thinks going D1 is a good move.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's actually repeated around the country more than you'd think.
    But generally, there is a laugh or a snort at the end of the statement.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    aug d1....excuse me while i lol

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

Where would Augustana be going?
    Division I. The only roadblock at this point is finding a conference.

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

If Augustana leaves and isn't replaced, the NSIC will have an odd number of teams, making it impossible to do a closed schedule.
    Where would Augustana be going?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

I'mnot It sure it would. I know we all grew up with a world of ten team conference but I don't think that is the norm any more . I also know that it puts pressure on finding non conf in non football sports .

??????If nsic opens up, then a lot of the legit reasons for silo sched goes away .
    The NSIC went to a closed schedule because of the MIAA.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

If two more teams would leave it would completely solve the flawed system.
    I'mnot It sure it would. I know we all grew up with a world of ten team conference but I don't think that is the norm any more . I also know that it puts pressure on finding non conf in non football sports .

??????If nsic opens up, then a lot of the legit reasons for silo sched goes away .

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Do you think that was contingent on the MIAA eventually opening up?
    If Augustana leaves and isn't replaced, the NSIC will have an odd number of teams, making it impossible to do a closed schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Hornetfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

NSIC will likely open up in 2021.
    Do you think that was contingent on the MIAA eventually opening up?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

It would solve the problem of having the opportunity to schedule noncons. It would not necessarily solve the problem of then filling those openings. There will likely be more travel involved for some and cost of paying opponents to travel to you for others. Until the NSIC and GAC open up to noncons scheduling of noncons won't be as simplistic as people think it will be. My preference would be for all 3 of those conferences to come to an agreement at the same time. Are the GAC and NSIC receiving any heat like the MIAA? They should be.
    NSIC will likely open up in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    As a Pitt fan, I know it can be tough to schedule someone decent, especially when hamstrung by the Camarohead game and lux box owners like they used to be. Hard to get someone to agree to a home only deal so you end up playing the Northern oklahoma school of chicken husbandry or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Cost issues:
    Were any of the schools that are hurting for cash/low spenders in the conference against this? If so, I'll listen, but when NW and UCM talk about costs, I laugh, a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I would like the other conferences to open up, but am against the stupid scheduling alliance that just turn it into a bigger silo. That may be slightly better than the "Hey we're lazy, but so what" that we are getting from AD's and presidents at places like NW now, but not much.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

It would solve the problem of having the opportunity to schedule noncons. It would not necessarily solve the problem of then filling those openings. There will likely be more travel involved for some and cost of paying opponents to travel to you for others. Until the NSIC and GAC open up to noncons scheduling of noncons won't be as simplistic as people think it will be. My preference would be for all 3 of those conferences to come to an agreement at the same time. Are the GAC and NSIC receiving any heat like the MIAA? They should be.
    I don't think anyone is saying it would be easier. Just better, and more fun. Even if a team has to schedule patsies, Hey, at least they won't be the same old patsies.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

If two more teams would leave it would completely solve the flawed system.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X