X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Missouri State University at Fort Hays State University

https://bearcatsports.com/documents/...21.pdf?id=2988
    IH8FERRIS

It still amazes me kids CHOOSE to play in BFE Hays, KS. They always seem to field a decent squad but who actually would want to play there if you had any other option??
    Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
      It still amazes me kids CHOOSE to play in BFE Hays, KS. They always seem to field a decent squad but who actually would want to play there if you had any other option??
      I have not been to or through Hays. I'm sure the fair share of people have that opinion of Maryville, MO, too...

Last Option U???
      IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post

I have not been to or through Hays. I'm sure the fair share of people have that opinion of Maryville, MO, too...

Last Option U???
        Small town MO and the isolation of Hays KS are not the same at all. Although Hays is a bigger town than Maryville

Comment

I'd rather be on a good football team in BFE, instead of on a football team at a school of 17,000 who can't succeed at D2 even with all of the advantages they have :D

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I'd rather be on a good football team in BFE, instead of on a football team at a school of 17,000 who can't succeed at D2 even with all of the advantages they have :D
            I'd have never guessed anyone in Oklahoma would question why someone else chose to live somewhere. I also had zero idea that UCO's enrollment was so high, figured I'd have heard more about them before.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Roll Chos!

Comment

I almost put a disclaimer saying exactly that lolol. Only had one good year when I played there, and we lost to you guys in the bowl game in Texarkana. Good times lmao

Comment

idk if true but that post makes me infer that you don't u/s what goes into picking the right school, coach, & program for a prospective student athlete. this isn't a weekend at the spa or a lifetime commitment.

that isn't to say the town itself doesn't have an impact necessarily b/c it absolutely does, but it isn't significant enough to prevent schools like hays from succeeding.

also hays is the only show in town & thus better supported as the focus of that community - edmond is a really nice place, & no one there cares about uco w/ shangri la a half hr south of okc. perspective.

the life of a college athlete....practice, games, training/workouts, school, studying, parties/girls. you can literally do it anywhere.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Coaching, major, facilities, great school and other reasons. A lot of kids wouldn't like your precious Suburban setting.

Comment

Comment

AD could get more out of an average size O lineman because that was his background: an undersized, walk-on offensive lineman. Hustle and heart can beat size if the right motivation is there.

Comment

Comment

Running back connection in the game, previous foes to each team in the playoffs

Al McKeller (NW Mo) ran for 145 yards against FHSU in FHSU last playoff game in 2018 when Al was with Indy.
                              Tristan Tucker (FHSU) was with Harding in 2019 and scored the late touchdown versus NW Mo in the playoff game and was subsequently denied the 2 pt conversion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X