Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    I stopped reading after "Why?" because the rest of the post should've just read, "Because I'm from NW. And we sandbag."

The difference between this year and previous years is that the sandbags might actually have some weight to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Coach in the Hot seat

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
      Defensively, we lost a lot of good players on that side from last year, and I do not know how the kids coming up will do.
      Who were the players that were lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Who were the players that were lost?

Comment

Sure.

The year before, they lost Jordan Bishop, Edward Richey, Marcus Jones, Caleb Mather, Bobby Gruenloh, and Ben Spaeth.

The year before that, they lost Jack Young, Kevin Berg, Collin Bevins, Jacob Vollstedt, and Cass Weitl.

The only reason I say that is because of a lesson I learned from Chuck Broyles when I was in college.

I asked him how his defense would handle the loss of BJ McGivern. His response was, "No one in Pittsburg knew who he was two years ago."

He was right. College coaches are experts at replacing players. They have to do it all the time. The only exceptions MIGHT be four year players who are all-time greats at a program like Ronald Moore, Xavier Omon, etc.

You could be entirely right. You could be completely wrong. I simply wouldn't fret personnel losses, especially when they return six starters. That's typically good in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Sure.

The year before, they lost Jordan Bishop, Edward Richey, Marcus Jones, Caleb Mather, Bobby Gruenloh, and Ben Spaeth.

The year before that, they lost Jack Young, Kevin Berg, Collin Bevins, Jacob Vollstedt, and Cass Weitl.

The only reason I say that is because of a lesson I learned from Chuck Broyles when I was in college.

I asked him how his defense would handle the loss of BJ McGivern. His response was, "No one in Pittsburg knew who he was two years ago."

He was right. College coaches are experts at replacing players. They have to do it all the time. The only exceptions MIGHT be four year players who are all-time greats at a program like Ronald Moore, Xavier Omon, etc.

You could be entirely right. You could be completely wrong. I simply wouldn't fret personnel losses, especially when they return six starters. That's typically good in college football.

Comment

I don't buy the argument RW needs to win NC. Mel went 10 years between NCs. Everyone loves and respects RW

Comment

Not in danger get pass as new guy. Nsu moso.
                Close to hot seat mowest Washburn
                Should be In hot seat but isn't yet. Central Pitt
                Leave them alone. Doing good ft Hays Unk emporia
                Season will tell where they go uco nw
                Who knows. Lincoln (have to put coach here because he doesn't have job )

uco doesn't fall off like they like to do every otherseason.
                Nw. Expectations are po. See how much flame shows up if they go to a bowl game
                Ft Hays in po two years in row - build statues for coach
                Unk. Tough spot for a member in this conf. Consistent .500 is good

Higgins makes emporia consistent. Hard to dislodge quickly but a few seasons of sub 500 would

Both Central and Pitt have under performed in last three years Pitt 8-3 last year takes some heat off but not forever

Mowestvand Washburn declining from second tier status

Nsu and moso new coaches get at least two years

Just my 2 cents
                Last edited by the Northeasterner; 08-06-2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                  Not in danger get pass as new guy. Nsu moso.
                  Close to hot seat mowest Washburn
                  Should be In hot seat but isn't yet. Central Pitt
                  Leave them alone. Doing good ft Hays Unk emporia
                  Season will tell where they go uco nw
                  Who knows. Lincoln (have to put coach here because he doesn't have job )

uco doesn't fall off like they like to do every otherseason.
                  Nw. Expectations are po. See how much flame shows up if they go to a bowl game
                  Ft Hays in po Yeo years in row build statues.
                  Unk. Tough spot for a member if this conf. Consistent .500 is good

Higgins makes emporia consistent. Hard to dislodge quickly but a few seasons of sub 500 would

Both Central and Pitt have under performed in last three years

Mowestvand Washburn declining from second tier status

Nsu and moso new coaches get at least two years

Just my 2 cents

Comment

That's is my defenition to close to hot seat. There has been a decade of success at mo west as solid second tier team like Washburn but replaced in last three by first emporia now fhsu. Good season 7-8 wins no problem. If it's 4 or less he is in trouble. The question for him is what happens st 5-6 or 6-5 .

If uco does same thing I'm not sure bobeck survives 5-6 after a 8-3 last year not enough long term credibility. That's difference between two defenitions.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIFFan_Kyle@MoWest View Post
                      win over MIAA co-champion Fort Hays
                      Kyle, while I love your optimism, i want to remind you that one of those five loses was getting drilled by a 5-6 UCM team. To me that was a bad loss. Furthermore, didn't Hays turn it over all day to the Griffs? Heck, the Mules dominated Hays until Boles went down and it took a long touchdown and a horrible turnover that turned into four play five yard drive by Hays to barely beat the Mules in HAYS.

The conference was the weakest that I have seen in years so hopefully it is better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                        The conference was the weakest that I have seen in years so hopefully it is better this year.
                        Yes. It's time to head in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                          That's is my defenition to close to hot seat. There has been a decade of success at mo west as solid second tier team like Washburn but replaced in last three by first emporia now fhsu. Good season 7-8 wins no problem. If it's 4 or less he is in trouble. The question for him is what happens st 5-6 or 6-5 .

If uco does same thing I'm not sure bobeck survives 5-6 after a 8-3 last year not enough long term credibility. That's difference between two defenitions.

Can you all imagine Jimbo's posts if that occurs?

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            How about a thread about MB posters in the "Hotseat?"
                            Vision Pipe got the axe last year. Who do you think deserves to be the next one out the door?
                            Last edited by Donkeydamus; 08-08-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                              Can you all imagine Jimbo's posts if that occurs?
                              lets get serious for a second... all the trash ive been talking is a hope of getting things riled up. in all seriousness...im not quite sure what you think I would do or say.

my loyalty is to the team first and foremost. if someone thought it was time for bobeck to find another job, that's what needs to happen but, I don't think he will be asked to leave THIS YEAR. I think there is too much returning talent that take pride in what theyre doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                                Vision Pipe got the axe last year. Who do you think deserves to be the next one out the door?
                                uhhhhhh who?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X