Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach in the Hot seat

This is akin to Marie Antoinette saying "Let them eat cake".

None of us peasants can even relate.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

[QUOTE=lleachieshusband;2403581]

Comment

I don't think that's remotely realistic. That's essentially saying you have to win 13 or 14 games or you're in trouble.

Comment

Coach in the Hot seat

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          I don't think that's remotely realistic. That's essentially saying you have to win 13 or 14 games or you're in trouble.

Comment

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

[QUOTE=Shanghai Mule;2403587]

Comment

Considering the bottom three teams in the conference all have new coaches (Jeff Sims-Mo. Southern, J.J. Eckert-Northeastern, and Malik Hoskins-Lincoln (Interim Head Coach)). I'll go ahead and post an unpopular opinion.

I think Jim Svoboda's seat could be getting a little warm. Sure, he has a good record at Central (win percentage around 70%). However, they've made the playoffs one time since 2010 and that was a disappointing loss to Harding in the first round. Last season Central finishes 5-6,this marks Svoboda's first below .500 season. Much like the spoiled fan base at Northwest, Central fans have also been getting used to 9-3 seasons and having sky high expectations.

So Boda, brings back Brook Bolles this season and with it comes high expectations (4th in Media, 5th in Coaches). Now obviously if Boda has another 8 or 9 win season he is safe, but so is any other coach. I just don't know if he keeps his job if they have another 5 to 6 win season.

Comment

Why not set the expectations that high? Your paying the man to coach at a high level. For a high caliber team. You should only get so long to make things shake. After that give em the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by D2SportsJunkie View Post
                      Considering the bottom three teams in the conference all have new coaches (Jeff Sims-Mo. Southern, J.J. Eckert-Northeastern, and Malik Hoskins-Lincoln (Interim Head Coach)). I'll go ahead and post an unpopular opinion.

I think Jim Svoboda's seat could be getting a little warm. Sure, he has a good record at Central (win percentage around 70%). However, they've made the playoffs one time since 2010 and that was a disappointing loss to Harding in the first round. Last season Central finishes 5-6,this marks Svoboda's first below .500 season. Much like the spoiled fan base at Northwest, Central fans have also been getting used to 9-3 seasons and having sky high expectations.

So Boda, brings back Brook Bolles this season and with it comes high expectations (4th in Media, 5th in Coaches). Now obviously if Boda has another 8 or 9 win season he is safe, but so is any other coach. I just don't know if he keeps his job if they have another 5 to 6 win season.

If our basketball coach's record is any indicator of what it might take to lose your job.......then coach Boda's football team would have to swap places with Lincoln. The athletic director (Jerry Hughes) has done a good job at UCM, but he's over 70 and needs to retire. UCM needs a new and younger AD with fresh ideas and a fire in his belly.
                      Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 08-04-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2SportsJunkie View Post

I would say Mule fans expectations were higher in Men's basketball. Now after 4 consecutive seasons missing the NCAA tournament, Mule fans have no expectations but still have the same coach. My guess is Svoboda's safe.
                        Last edited by Randy; 08-05-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I think NW is going to make the POs this year, so that's why I didn't list RW as a hot seat candidate, but let's say NW goes 7-4 and misses the POs. I don't think it's likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities. Does RW's seat get warm in that scenario?

Obviously, I think expecting 13-1 or better every year is unrealistic and missing that wouldn't get anyone on the hot seat at any school, even NW.

Comment

Coach in the Hot seat

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                            I think NW is going to make the POs this year, so that's why I didn't list RW as a hot seat candidate, but let's say NW goes 7-4 and misses the POs. I don't think it's likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities. Does RW's seat get warm in that scenario?

Obviously, I think expecting 13-1 or better every year is unrealistic and missing that wouldn't get anyone on the hot seat at any school, even NW.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              Lol Sims looked like a pusssay on the new season of last chance u. Screaming at the other team as he ran away and caused altercations after the game.
                              Just watched that episode. He looked like as much of a hyped-up lunatic as the Indy coach. Wow.

I just searched his name and this popped up:

(Kansas City Star)
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I stopped reading after "Why?" because the rest of the post should've just read, "Because I'm from NW. And we sandbag."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X