Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x

+From 2015-2018, seven teams per region were selected for the playoffs. From 2004-2014, six teams per region were selected for the playoffs.
    The first number is number of teams selected. The number in parenthesis is the number of home games earned via seed. This is not the number of home games actually played.

Year MIAA GAC GLVC GLIAC
    2018+(41 teams) 2(0) 2(1) 1(1) 2(2)
    2017+(42 teams) 2(1) 2(0) 1(1) 2(2)
    MIAA GAC NSIC GNAC
    2016+(45 teams) 3(2) 1(1) 2(1) 1(0)
    2015+(47 teams) 2(1) 1(1) 3(1) 1(1)
    2014(46 teams) 2(1) 2(1) 2(2) 0(0)
    2013(47 teams) 2(1) 1(1) 2(2) 0(0)
    2012(46 teams) 2(2) 2(1) 2(1) 0(0)
    MIAA LSC GNAC GAC
    2011(38 teams) 4(3) 2(1) 0(0) 0(0)
    MIAA LSC GNAC
    2010 (32 teams) 3(2) 3(2) 0(0)
    2009 (30 teams) 1(1) 4(2) 1(1)
    2008 (30 teams) 3(2) 2(1) 1(1)
    MIAA LSC RMAC
    2007 (33 teams) 2(1) 2(2) 2(1)
    2006 (32 teams) 2(1) 3(2) 1(1)
    2005 (35 teams) 3(1) 2(2) 1(1)
    2004 (34 teams) 2(2) 3(1) 1(1)

Comment

Re: New Project

Brandon. I have forgotten. when did miaa go silo

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        Not Brandon, but the answer is 2014 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
          Not Brandon, but the answer is 2014 season.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
            As Hornetfan's post says, the MIAA made the decision to eliminate non-conference games for the 2012 football season. Between the time that decision was made and the football season started, Omaha went D1 and dropped football. The move happened early enough that some of the teams that had Omaha scheduled (especially early in the season) were able to find a replacement game so there were some unplanned non-conference games in 2012 (Omaha week) & 2013 (Omaha & Truman week).

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              Ease of scheduling.

I wish they'd get rid of the regional criteria anyway.

You don't think playing Minnesota State or Sioux Falls would raise the profile of a team instead of playing Lincoln/Missouri Southern/Northeastern State? And really it's not about perception - it's about numbers. But the fact that it's about numbers actually helps your point about playing Indianapolis or Saginaw over Minnesota State or Sioux Falls.

So really the question is - Do you believe your conference is good enough to go out and finish above .500 in against non conference opponents? If they answer is no, then playing an entirely conference schedule is a way to job the playoff selection system. How is that any different from second or third tier teams from multiple conferences grouping together to form a new conference to increase their post season chances? If that's the case, two is the absolute maximum of teams the MIAA ever deserves to get in the playoffs.

From the MIAA perspective. Let's say this happened in the non conference:

Fort Hays played Saginaw Valley and won.
              Northwest played Grand Valley and won.
              Pitt played Ferris and lost.
              Central played Ouachita and won.
              Washburn played Harding and lost.

When playoff time rolls around, all MIAA teams would have 2-1 added to the Opponent criteria. When playoff time rolls around, all GLIAC teams would have 1-2 added to the Opponent criteria. When playoff time rolls around, all GAC teams would have 1-1 added to the Opponent criteria.

Another thing that MIAA folks are not considering is home field advantage. The MIAA has played five playoff games the last two years. Only one of those games has been at home. If there were some sort of divisional setup in the league, maybe Northwest doesn't play/lose to Central Oklahoma and finishes 10-1 instead of 9-2. Maybe they would have had a home game. Maybe Fort Hays doesn't lose to Missouri Western and they're 10-1 and playing at home against Indianaplis, who finished 9-1.

Obviously this is all speculation and all aspects of this must be considered.

EDIT: I wanted to add one thing. Northwest had to travel to Central Washington in 2009 because the GNAC went 6-3 in non conference games. That's all it took.
              CWU was 12-0 and NW was 11-1 going into that game. That might have had some bearing.

And we did roll out the red carpet for the Bearcats along withe the exceptionally well maintained grass field.....

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                CWU was 12-0 and NW was 11-1 going into that game. That might have had some bearing.

And we did roll out the red carpet for the Bearcats along withe the exceptionally well maintained grass field.....
                That was most certainly a factor.

I was just remembering the weekly regional rankings. I remember that the GNAC teams were all highly ranked that year because of their non conference record.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  That was most certainly a factor.

I was just remembering the weekly regional rankings. I remember that the GNAC teams were all highly ranked that year because of their non conference record.
                  CWU was 6-1 non con, WOU was 2-2, Dixie was 2-3 and Humboldt was 4-0. There were some FCS games in those totals.

Wow, GNAC is back to four teams in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                    CWU was 6-1 non con, WOU was 2-2, Dixie was 2-3 and Humboldt was 4-0. There were some FCS games in those totals.

Wow, GNAC is back to four teams in 2019 .
                    I'd be happy to give you Lincoln
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                      And NSU

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                        We could even toss in Newman and Rodgers just for shiit's grin...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                          We could even toss in Newman and Rodgers just for shiit's grin...
                          Rogers yes, but not the mailman.

Comment

Episode 4 is up and ready to kill 30-ish more minutes of your offseason.... let's go to The Jungle and see how good the Gorillas will be this season

https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...preview-e52ggk

Comment

Episode 5 is here to give you something to listen to on your Sunday morning! UCM was 5-6 last season, the first time Coach 'Boda has had a losing season and the first time the Mules have finished under .500 since 2006. Bolles returns at QB, a new DC takes over the Mules defense, and Devante Turner is possibly the most underrated RB in the MIAA...

https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...Preview-e53btg

Comment

Good deal. I'll listen on my way to work in the morning.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X