Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
    Now it is. What did they do? Comparing a NW, PSU, or ESU to Notre Dame by enrollment alone is like comparing canned chili to canned corn. Same sized container but the contents are totally different.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

My general point was to discuss how former JuCos get larger. I don't know how people bring D-I teams into these discussions, or why they keep comparing them. I am under no illusion that UCO will ever be OU/OSU. The only reason TU is where it is has to do with historical location as the only game in T-town, and financial commitment to being at the FBS level. The reason most students attend D2 schools are either proximity to home, or lower cost, many families don't want to shell out for the name brand or they don't want the debt that goes along with it. I imagine most people that attend a D-I school is they want name brand rather than the generic version. I imagine a small percentage go for a specific degree that they cannot get elsewhere.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I don't think it would be beneficial to move to D1 right now, if ever. I think Tarleton and TAMUC is going to find out that they bit off more than they could chew, and if they think going FBS is an option then I wonder what kind of "feed" their cows are eating.
          Go Bronchos!

Comment

im not sure but i dont think moving to D1 right now is in the plans. i think what they would like to do is absolutely dominate in every sport. right now all of them are winning cept football.

as long as i was around the program, all i heard anyone talk about is winning games so they could put 8k in the stands every game. just my opinion.

Comment

Why do some posters keep comparing D2 schools to Notre Dame? There are several differences besides enrollment, public vs private. Small town surrounded by farmland vs a Catholic college with a national following near a major city.

If you want to compare apples to apples what about Boise State, or as they were known in 1965 Boise JC?
              The comparison is to illustrate that it's about money, not enrollment. I brought it up because people keep looking at the wrong numbers.

Enrollment is one way to make more money, but even with today's college costs, nobody can succeed at the D1 levels without private money. Heck, that's even true in D2.

Comment

Well OU is apparently looking for a coach and that is a top 5 or 6 FBS level job...

Are any FBS schools looking at him to join their staffs? I cannot imagine a man who coached at the FCS level would be a D2 assistant.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Well OU is apparently looking for a coach and that is a top 5 or 6 FBS level job...

Are any FBS schools looking at him to join their staffs? I cannot imagine a man who coached at the FCS level would be a D2 assistant.
                  stoops is the interim head coach until they find one. apparently venables, mark stoops and kingsbury are being talked at.

Comment

Well OU is apparently looking for a coach and that is a top 5 or 6 FBS level job...Are any FBS schools looking at him to join their staffs? I cannot imagine a man who coached at the FCS level would be a D2 assistant.
                    I'm pretty sure you didn't read anywhere in this thread that it was ever mentioned Adam Dorrel would even consider a D2 'assistant' position for any team. Simply would never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

I'm pretty sure you didn't read anywhere in this thread that it was ever mentioned Adam Dorrel would even consider a D2 'assistant' position for any team. Simply would never happen.
                      It wasn't in this thread. It was in the other one regarding him.
                      I am having issues where it wants to log me out after logging in, so I usually type and paste into a thread. I picked the wrong one. It doesn't happen on any other site.
                      Regardless. This isn't as split up as some of the old LSC threads where they literally broke threads down by a program's position.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I would be stupidity on their part if they didn't contact him and ask if there was any interest.
                        Not sure our AD is smart enough, unfortunately.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

It wasn't in this thread. It was in the other one regarding him.
                          I am having issues where it wants to log me out after logging in, so I usually type and paste into a thread. I picked the wrong one. It doesn't happen on any other site.
                          Regardless. This isn't as split up as some of the old LSC threads where they literally broke threads down by a program's position.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

I've been watching this conference for close to 20 years. His stretch as NW head coach gave some of the most dominant teams in the conference. Can he rebuild a school, has shown he couldn't at fcs level with Abilene. But everything is timing and location. I think NW had far more talent on defense than anyone else in the country when he was head coach at NW, that they would have won titles regardless. You literally could not pass protect with 6 vs them. What i did notice is, that the NW offense has been flat since he left. Particularly the offensive line. I haven't seen what I consider a typical NW oline unit in years. If he is going to be successful building a program in the MIAA he is going to have lock up the talent in his region (if it were UCO - don't let them leave the state), and get recruiters like Hays has with McCray, that can pick up talent in Florida or other states
                            *chuckles*

How many titles they have since AD left? It's not because of any change in the abilities of the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

*chuckles*

How many titles they have since AD left? It's not because of any change in the abilities of the defense.
                              The offense has declined since he left. Did he take his oc with him? What about ol coaches. That seems to be an area of decline as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The offense has declined since he left. Did he take his oc with him? What about ol coaches. That seems to be an area of decline as well.
                                At NW Dorrel was head coach, the o-line coach and basically offensive coordinator with Flohr. He did take the NW running backs coach, Gant, to Abilene; but Flohr and Osborn stayed at NW. They both left later to accept HC positions at South Dakota Mines and Benedictine. Gant is now with Flohr at SDM. Lamberson, who was at UNK, went to ACU as OC, while Jackson, who was DC at Sioux Falls, was his first DC at Abilene. Lambo's contract ends Dec 31. Jackson was only at ACU a couple of years, then went to Texas State. He is now HC at Colorado Mesa, where he just went 8-2 (?). Whew! Coaching trees are complicated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X