Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 NWMSU @ #1 FSU

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #3 NWMSU @ #1 FSU

    Gonna be Cold, maybe snow and 700 miles(thru Chitown) from the friendly confines of Tjeerdsma Field next Saturday.
    Bearcats will be huge underdogs and are only 14-11 all time in road playoff games(vs 32-3 at home which gives FSU a huge advantage).
    If Mikey Ho doesn’t play we will need a gargantuan defensive game to keep it close.

  • #2
    We will be lucky to be in the game late. Ferris State is virtually unstoppable.
    Northwest Missouri State University
    BEARCATS

    Comment


    • #3
      NW D is very good and I still think our O will need to get 30+ for us to win this game. BW threw some nice balls today, but he also had some struggles, especially when facing pressure. I hope Healthy Hohensee is ready to go It will be tough speeding either way, but think we have a better chance with Mike at the helm.

      Comment


      • #4
        It’ll be hard for NW to try to get acclimated to the cold in Big Rapids as it’ll be around 30 degrees warmer in Maryville this week. Maybe crank the AC way down in Hughes Center

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
          It’ll be hard for NW to try to get acclimated to the cold in Big Rapids as it’ll be around 30 degrees warmer in Maryville this week. Maybe crank the AC way down in Hughes Center
          Nah ... 30+ degrees for kids is T-shirt weather. Wind up there off those Great Lakes is a far bigger factor. Then the wind chill factor sets in. Michigan weather is frickin' impossible to predict. Just as long as nothing like that that damn 2010 playoff game up at Minnesota-Duluth ... what was it ... like -35 degrees?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

            Nah ... 30+ degrees for kids is T-shirt weather. Wind up there off those Great Lakes is a far bigger factor. Then the wind chill factor sets in. Michigan weather is frickin' impossible to predict. Just as long as nothing like that that damn 2010 playoff game up at Minnesota-Duluth ... what was it ... like -35 degrees?
            Or the game at Chadron where the storm came over the mountain and dumped several inches of snow right before kick. Made those metal stands on the visitors side so enjoyable.

            Comment


            • #7
              NW by 10. We're patchwork at this point. Our starting RB is done for year with an ACL. 2nd string RB hurt his knee last game of season and didn't play against GV even with a bye week. Starting WR is our kicker. And our starting QB went out in the 2nd qtr and never returned.

              If we depend on our QB to be our leading rusher, your D is gonna punish him severely. Doubt very much we put up 54 on you guys. Defense and run game travels.
              Last edited by DawgUp; 11-28-2021, 12:54 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                NW by 10. We're patchwork at this point. Our starting RB is done for year with an ACL. 2nd string RB hurt his knee last game of season and didn't play against GV even with a bye week. Starting WR is our kicker. And our starting QB went out in the 2nd qtr and never returned.

                If we depend on our QB to be our leading rusher, your D is gonna punish him severely. Doubt very much we put up 54 on you guys. Defense and run game travels.
                All that and you still pasted GV. They not show up?
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                  NW by 10. We're patchwork at this point. Our starting RB is done for year with an ACL. 2nd string RB hurt his knee last game of season and didn't play against GV even with a bye week. Starting WR is our kicker. And our starting QB went out in the 2nd qtr and never returned.

                  If we depend on our QB to be our leading rusher, your D is gonna punish him severely. Doubt very much we put up 54 on you guys. Defense and run game travels.
                  lol ya sure

                  *pats on head*

                  we believe you we swear
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    NW by 10. We're patchwork at this point. Our starting RB is done for year with an ACL. 2nd string RB hurt his knee last game of season and didn't play against GV even with a bye week. Starting WR is our kicker. And our starting QB went out in the 2nd qtr and never returned.

                    If we depend on our QB to be our leading rusher, your D is gonna punish him severely. Doubt very much we put up 54 on you guys. Defense and run game travels.
                    There must be a hurricane in the forecast with all these sandbags

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With NW’s PK woes a 10 pt win would likely involve a 2 pt conversion and a safety.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Ferris State website showing some clips of the GVSU vs FSU game Saturday. Nice little snow storm.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

                          There must be a hurricane in the forecast with all these sandbags
                          LOL..Hey we had to go empty 5 wr for most of the game in a snow storm. Have you seen that NW Dline? It's like the Georgia of D2. We haven't seen anything like that all season. They're too stout in the middle to run on and back seven fly to the ball. If we're down our running QB and top 2 RBs, they're no doubt the favorites.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Any word on Mike H?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We’re playing a backup QB who’s already lost to FSU twice and a backup punter. We’re down 1 of 3 main RB’s and another is nursing 2 injuries. We have a hobbled Olineman and placekicking by committee and XP’s are nail biters and FG attempts are ludicrous. It will be a miracle if NW wins

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X