Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "How's your team gonna do" rank em' thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's something that issue and UCO started playing years ago when they got in conf and renewed thiercolc rivalry. Because you feel hired two of our presidents in a row to be their new president. And yes you uco has dominated recently but not always. It was a lot more fun when we played each other the last game of the season but the MIAA started messing with the schedule again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

They should be forced to move up.
      I know this is always the joke "NW should move up". Northwest is right where they should be for the school, players and fans. If they move up, they run the risk of becoming the next Southeast Missouri State, Missouri State, or Lindenwood. Sorry about that last part, Sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Exactly, and since we’ve won the President’s Cup 7 years in a row. I’ll continue being a “douche” to NSU. I think we’ve at least earned that right. Smdh

Okie code?

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
          Yes we have had multiple discussions about how this travesty has come about. They could easily get non conf now. But no they just want eat thier own.
          What is the reasoning behind not splitting the league into 2 divisions and having a non-conference schedule? If us and the GAC would do that it would make for some great non-con matchups!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post

What is the reasoning behind not splitting the league into 2 divisions and having a non-conference schedule? If us and the GAC would do that it would make for some great non-con matchups!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post

Some schools don't want the headache or expense of noncons. Others pushed very hard to try and get noncons.

I know Pitt and Lincoln pushed for it, but couldn't get enough votes to make it happen. NW was against it claiming it was too hard to get mere mortal opponents to play against Turkey insemination majors or something like that. Others were against it, too. I just don't know who voted in what way. I seem to remember hearing that it was very close to happening.

The real takeaway is that all fans and alumni should be badgering their respective U Presidents to do the right thing the next time it comes up.

Comment

• 50-50 with two abstaining....

Comment

• UCO and nsu Pitt and moso could get a lsc match non con match up in a heartbeat. Ucl Lincoln Western moso Pitt ucm could get a glvc easy. Me and unk would have to work and heaven forbid that . I actually thought it was happen The next time it was brought up after the last 50/50 vote but then Covid comes along and it loses a momentum. It would make the conference stronger and allow conference members options to help themselves as they see fit. It could help them schedule homecoming games where they would get a win and more alumni would show up. They could go get a paycheck and pay for their season. If their playoff bound they can schedule themselves and in region matchup to help improve their modifiers the glvc the gliac are dying for non-conf.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                    UCO and nsu Pitt and moso could get a lsc match non con match up in a heartbeat. Ucl Lincoln Western moso Pitt ucm could get a glvc easy. Me and unk would have to work and heaven forbid that . I actually thought it was happen The next time it was brought up after the last 50/50 vote but then Covid comes along and it loses a momentum. It would make the conference stronger and allow conference members options to help themselves as they see fit. It could help them schedule homecoming games where they would get a win and more alumni would show up. They could go get a paycheck and pay for their season. If their playoff bound they can schedule themselves and in region matchup to help improve their modifiers the glvc the gliac are dying for non-conf.
                    I think Lincolns big gripe was not being able to take money games against bigger hbcu schools. I think they would be set. NW, MW,and UCM seem like they would have the farthest to travel for noncons unless they want to play Truman, SBU, or Billy J, and I think it would be hard to get any of them to sign up to play MIAA teams.

Comment

• If they offered a home and home with glvc I think they should because they would get a huge crowd at a low cost. Those would be bus games with Truman, WJ, sw Baptist ,Truman are all bus games . No cons u can do without an overnight is worth it

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

IDK, the 4 and 7 team the UCO fielded last year was still light years ahead of the absolute garbage they put on the field in the couple of years leading up to and the first year or so in conference.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think Pitt and UCM have won like 6 of the last 7 commissioner's cups between the 2 schools. No idea what the president's cup is, though?

What's the President's Cup? Still waiting for an answer from RollChos.

Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 08-27-2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Maybe it's a traveling cup that goes to the winner of the UCO - Northeastern game each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                                Yes, a traveling trophy that goes to the winner of the UCO-NSU series.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X