Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting off the year at NW is a rough way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Not counting the pandemic year, half of the 4 losses are to Northwest. Most teams lose to them no matter when the game is played.

Comment

I look for it to be close. Massey had MoWest 60% UCO 40%.

Comment

I'm hoping MW can take a step forward this year. We are returning all 11 starters on offense and 8 on defense. Granted these were starters on a 6-5 team. I'm hoping there will be improvement just based on the experience we are returning.

I think our weak point are probably the LB's. We will see if some new kids can step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post

I'm hoping MW can take a step forward this year. We are returning all 11 starters on offense and 8 on defense. Granted these were starters on a 6-5 team. I'm hoping there will be improvement just based on the experience we are returning.

I think our weak point are probably the LB's. We will see if some new kids can step up.
            Is Jones the starting qb this season? He is much scarier than Vespo, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Is Jones the starting qb this season? He is much scarier than Vespo, imo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

This dude is salty! LOL
                  Hmmmmmm you must swallow instead of spit to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

He inherited a national championship caliber program at Northwest, so I think the Jimmy and Joes that he started with and that were coming in were already pretty good. Obviously, he didn't screw it up and he even elevated it. We all love AD and what he did at Northwest and I don't mean to diminish it, but your quote makes it sound like he was polishing turds... lol AD didn't have the Jimmy and Joes at ACU, which is in part why he is now at UCO. I'm not predicting anything other than I think he will do well there. I know nothing about their roster other than what others have posted here... Is there enough depth? They pulled in some good looking transfers and apparently the DLine should be really good, so maybe they have some of the J and J's along with what AD brings to the table to get it done right away. We will see.
                    To my understanding the ACU thing ended up being more or pissing off their biggest booster because he pulled their son as starting QB!! I feel like he was moving them in the right direction but due to the constraints on academic requirements and some of the school requirements it was hard to land the recruits needed to get over the hump!! I feel the defense is going to be really stout this year! Coach Letch has been at big time programs and runs a scheme that is hard to prepare for. Offensively, a lot of it is going to depend on the consistency of the QB. Brown looks the part but can be very inconsistent throwing the ball but what he can do on the ground makes them hard to defend. Thompson has a funky throwing motion but he can spin it. He is not near as athletic as Brown. The freshman QB, from what I understand can do both but he is 18 and just been here through summer and fall camp.
                    Last edited by Billy_Broncho; 09-01-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                      i can promise there are onlyTWO priorities right now outside of winning games...
                      putting asses in the seats and stopping D2 players from leaving the state.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

I had assumed it would be Jones but you're right about the MO State transfer. MO West Athletics has been posting position reviews on FB. I've noticed they have not put anything out for a QB preview. HHhmmmm.

Comment

correct. and even moreso with several kids on that emporia team who are starters and/ or play significant time. to the tune of 31 roster spots. can't allow that. you remember how many OKC kids have hurt us in the last five years in games. have to get them back on our campus.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                            either showcase to fans that AD has built something special or if there will be more of the same mediocrity.
                            considering the developmental nature of the sport & time on job for ad you sure are putting a lot into this emporia game.

considering also that they went 6-6 ly w/ claim to fame being a 1/6 share of a league title 20 years ago the absurdity ratchets up.

Originally posted by jimbo slice
                            correct. and even moreso with several kids on that emporia team who are starters and/ or play significant time. to the tune of 31 roster spots. can't allow that. you remember how many OKC kids have hurt us in the last five years in games. have to get them back on our campus.
                            & you apparently agree with it.

lol.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

considering the developmental nature of the sport & time on job for ad you sure are putting a lot into this emporia game.

considering also that they went 6-6 ly w/ claim to fame being a 1/6 share of a league title 20 years ago the absurdity ratchets up.

& you apparently agree with it.

lol.
                              hmm a little salty that we only have "a 1/6 share of a league title 20 years ago" but we still have almost 50 wins more than NW? in fewer seasons none the less....
                              3 years of probation from the NCAA is what started the downward spiral and we have not fully recovered as of yet. loss of scholarships had kids looking elsewhere and theyve never fully recovered.

did you read any of the other posts?
                              1 we always have a big turnout on the opening game. when the team loses, the students have other options other than taco johns in maryville. we're fighting for attention here. hell with D1 or FCS, were trying to put a winning product on the field.
                              2 some of the kids that have hurt us in games in the past few years have been oklahoma kids and the ones from OKC in particular.
                              3 im sure AD will do what AD does.

the esu game is not make or break for ANYONEs career but it can get a steamroller going or it could cause things to take much longer to turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

lol.
                                Calm yourself. The point is if the team sucks and gets beat by Emporia again the student fan base will give up on this season real fast.

Obviously no one expects AD to field a National champion in 6 months on the job.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X