Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I'm not sure how I feel about that, but that seems like it could be a little disappointing for some 'Cat fans. I think about 90% of said fans felt like a healthy Hohensee showed himself to be the better quarterback a year ago. It's almost like since BW came back from near death last year, he should be given the opportunity to lose the job... it's hard to argue that I guess. I'd be surprised if they don't both get some run.
    Mike H is listed on top of the two deep for Thursday's game...don't know if that means anything...Sturdy told us he's not afraid to rotate them and that each QB stays in until they punt then they switch. See UNK last year when NW scored on their what first 6 possessions or something like that and Mike H was in on all of them.

Comment

I really want to say that Southern has a chance against UNK, but their D strength last year was passing D, not run D.

Comment

UCO D-Line is going to be impressive this year!! With the D-line being able to keep blockers off our linebackers this could be a very tough defense to run the ball against! Can we cover is the question?!?!!?

Comment

[QUOTE=libertybearcat;n688895]

Mike H is listed on top of the two deep for Thursday's game...
          shhh-just messing with Hays a little ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post
            UCO D-Line is going to be impressive this year!! With the D-line being able to keep blockers off our linebackers this could be a very tough defense to run the ball against! Can we cover is the question?!?!!?
            Been the talk of the fall. Talented and deep. Hearing qb play has been solid. Making plays and limiting mistakes. Need to find a way to win this first one on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post
              i'm going to stay cautiously optimistic. the dline is definitely the strength of the team so far. very consistent. they are keeping the linebackers clean and giving time to the bdacks. of course, its the 2s and 3s they are going against but it looks cleaner. not so haywire. they move confidently on the field now. very little confusion.

17 dlineman with 2 seniors
              10 linebackers with no seniors

im pretty pumped. of course, not seeing MW in several years and watching UCO nearly every practice, i'm going with an ass whippin being handed out to Gryffindor.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                I think MW will be the more talented team.
                Roll Chos!

Comment

Knowing AD as well as I do, he is going to stress basics, character and team work. I have faith in the new Defensive Coordinator, Coach Lechtenberg. I also note that Massey has the UCO @ Mowest game rated at 60/40 MoWest, the closest of all of the MIAA matchups this week. Based on all of this, and adding in Jimbo's reporting, I am going with the Bronchos in this opener. Thursday, I'll be tailgating in the designated visitor lots to the west. Being a new Broncho fan, I welcome the chance to meet some of the UCO MB members. Roll 'Chos!
                  Last edited by NW Normal; 08-30-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                    Knowing AD as well as I do, he is going to stress basics, character and team work. I have faith in the new Defensive Coordinator, Coach Lechtenberg. I also note that Massey has the UCO @ Mowest game rated at 60/40 MoWest, the closest of all of the MIAA matchups this week. Based on all of this, and adding in Jimbo's reporting, I am going with the Bronchos in this opener. Thursday, I'll be tailgating in the designated visitor lots to the west. Being a new Broncho fan, I welcome the chance to meet some of the UCO MB members. Roll 'Chos!
                    Yes, AD will have them solid. The thing about AD is his game planning is top notch. Especially the scripted first few series. UCO will get harder as the season goes on as AD will have more film to find weaknesses to exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

Yes, AD will have them solid. The thing about AD is his game planning is top notch. Especially the scripted first few series. UCO will get harder as the season goes on as AD will have more film to find weaknesses to exploit.
                      You still gotta have the Jimmies and the Joes. AD is an outstanding coach and will have a pronounced impact, but you still need dudes and depth to consistently win.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

You still gotta have the Jimmies and the Joes. AD is an outstanding coach and will have a pronounced impact, but you still need dudes and depth to consistently win.
                        It's not like UCO is pulling people from the crowd. AD took some Jimmies and Joes and turned them into stars in the past at NW. His game planning has always been to the strength of the players and putting them in the position to win. I wasn't a fan of his early play calling but he always game planned in a way that helped his palyers strengths and weaknesses. Do I think UCO is going to blow the doors off everyone and walk to the National Championship game (No they won't be in playoffs this year likely.)? No, but I think they'll be in most games they play and win a majority of the (6-5 record. OVER HALF!)
                        Last edited by JR Chaney; 08-30-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Congrats to UCO on winning the next 4 national championship games.

Comment

It's not like UCO is pulling people from the crowd. . AD took some Jimmies and Joes and turned them into stars in the past at NW. His game planning has always been to the strength of the players and putting them in the position to win. I wasn't a fan of his early play calling but he always game planned in a way that helped his palyers strengths and weaknesses. Do I think UCO is going to blow the doors off everyone and walk to the National Championship game? No, but I think they'll be in most games they play and win a majority of them.
                            Last edited by JR Chaney; 08-30-2022, 02:59 PM.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I agree. I think they will get there, but not immediately.

In the back of my mind, I have wondered all along if he hasn't been brought in because they plan to transition to D1.

Comment

It's not like UCO is pulling people from the crowd. AD took some Jimmies and Joes and turned them into stars in the past at NW. His game planning has always been to the strength of the players and putting them in the position to win. I wasn't a fan of his early play calling but he always game planned in a way that helped his palyers strengths and weaknesses. Do I think UCO is going to blow the doors off everyone and walk to the National Championship game? No, but I think they'll be in most games they play and win a majority of them.
                                He inherited a national championship caliber program at Northwest, so I think the Jimmy and Joes that he started with and that were coming in were already pretty good. Obviously, he didn't screw it up and he even elevated it. We all love AD and what he did at Northwest and I don't mean to diminish it, but your quote makes it sound like he was polishing turds... lol AD didn't have the Jimmy and Joes at ACU, which is in part why he is now at UCO. I'm not predicting anything other than I think he will do well there. I know nothing about their roster other than what others have posted here... Is there enough depth? They pulled in some good looking transfers and apparently the DLine should be really good, so maybe they have some of the J and J's along with what AD brings to the table to get it done right away. We will see.
                                Last edited by JR Chaney; 08-30-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X