Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I was off on the record, I was thinking UNK. Doing too many things at once. Total brain fart there, what I'm getting at though is talent wise I don't they are that many steps behind others. I don't expect them to be world beaters, but I think they make progress and I think by the end of the year they will be a tougher team to beat due to AD's planning. I don't expect them to be fighting for MIAA crown this year but wouldn't surprise me, if you give AD 3-4 years that they don't trend towards the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

He inherited a national championship caliber program at Northwest, so I think the Jimmy and Joes that he started with and that were coming in were already pretty good. Obviously, he didn't screw it up and he even elevated it. We all love AD and what he did at Northwest and I don't mean to diminish it, but your quote makes it sound like he was polishing turds... lol AD didn't have the Jimmy and Joes at ACU, which is in part why he is now at UCO. I'm not predicting anything other than I think he will do well there. I know nothing about their roster other than what others have posted here... Is there enough depth? They pulled in some good looking transfers and apparently the DLine should be really good, so maybe they have some of the J and J's along with what AD brings to the table to get it done right away. We will see.
      He grew some of that talent. I was actually against the AD hire and thought it was the wrong move. He grew as a head coach over those years and his play calling and other things greatly improved. I'm not saying he's polishing turds, I think people are taking what I'm getting at out of context, You don't get the run he had at the end without taking what you have and putting it in the right spots with the right game plan. That's what I'm saying is AD has seemed to be able to maximize what talent he has. At the D1 level he didn't have the talent to compete due to some school requirements and etc. He will have an easier time recruiting for D2 level, especially at UCO. I'm in no way saying they will go on a long deep playoff run or put them as a dark horse NC team. Do I think they'll be better than last year. Yes.

Which is exactly what I'm saying. He took some Jimmy and Joes and turned them into hulks. Some of those kids when they came to NW, no one would of expected them to become the absolute monsters they ended up being. Also it's historically been shown that the offense took a turn when he left. Especially on the line and QB play. Is that all Jimmy and Joes? Some of it schemes I believe, and AD was a really good at game schemes. I think it's going to be a rough start, but I think by the end of the year, they'll be a much harder out. Once AD gets some film on you, he can plan really well. The one thing I wonder is AD's Defense. That is where his defensive coach is going to come into play. AD is an offensive genius but won't have Wright to squeeze the most out of the d.
      Last edited by JR Chaney; 08-30-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
        Knowing AD as well as I do, he is going to stress basics, character and team work. I have faith in the new Defensive Coordinator, Coach Lechtenberg. I also note that Massey has the UCO @ Mowest game rated at 60/40 MoWest, the closest of all of the MIAA matchups this week. Based on all of this, and adding in Jimbo's reporting, I am going with the Bronchos in this opener. Thursday, I'll be tailgating in the designated visitor lots to the west. Being a new Broncho fan, I welcome the chance to meet some of the UCO MB members. Roll 'Chos!

Oh Lord, you drank the Okie Kool-Aid. Now you will automatically start using "y'all" in every post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Oh Lord, you drank the Okie Kool-Aid. Now you will automatically start using "y'all" in every post.
          Here's my bold prediction. UCO goes 6-5. They win one game they shouldn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

Yeah, I was off on the record, I was thinking UNK. Doing too many things at once. Total brain fart there, what I'm getting at though is talent wise I don't they are that many steps behind others. I don't expect them to be world beaters, but I think they make progress and I think by the end of the year they will be a tougher team to beat due to AD's planning. I don't expect them to be fighting for MIAA crown this year but wouldn't surprise me, if you give AD 3-4 years that they don't trend towards the top.
            i think that there is nothing necessarily impeding that program from becoming a power.
            his dc is a huge unknown & will probably make or break him b/c he'll get them to move the ball enough otherwise.
            what that looks like this yr......sure i'll buy yer 6-5 i have no idea.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Just drove through St. Joe. Congrats to UCO. Not only do they get a W but they save on travel expenses. As you go through St. Joe there are multiple signs saying MW forfeits, and We Surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Congrats to UCO on winning the next 4 national championship games.
                3 at most then it will be time to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

Here's my bold prediction. UCO goes 6-5. They win one game they shouldn't win.

Comment

That is a very good question as NW's defense was always very good and could make up for some deficiencies on offense.

Comment

Congrats to UCO on winning the next 4 national championship games.
                      This dude is salty! LOL
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

This dude is salty! LOL
                        Not at all. This is the trash talk thread, and I like messing with NW fans.

I'm honestly more worried about UCO going D1 and having all those scholarships to use in Northern and Central OK than I am about them winning the MIAA.

Comment

I'm honestly more worried about UCO going D1 and having all those scholarships to use in Northern and Central OK than I am about them winning the MIAA.
                          Roll Chos!

Comment

i can promise there are onlyTWO priorities right now outside of winning games...

putting asses in the seats and stopping D2 players from leaving the state.

Comment

I assume they're shooting for the Elwood plan. A couple playoff seasons was enough for them to get the money on board. Heck they even took the cowardly route and went to a patsy league to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
                                Mowest has never won an opener under this coach. 0-5 counting the pandemic year. Can never decide on a qb is the major issue. Imo
                                Not counting the pandemic year, half of the 4 losses are to Northwest. Most teams lose to them no matter when the game is played.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X