Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FHSU VS NWMSU GAME THREAD - SEPT 1ST, 2022.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

No where close to 7900 there. Student side was pretty empty and there was lots of room in the Sro spots under the trees and end zone seating.
    This seems to be an ongoing issue with students at NW these past years, especially early in the season ... and this is in despite of our increasing enrollment. The West Grandstand side is always packed with NW Alumni. But the student's East Grandstand has also shown to be an increasing percentage of Alumni taking over that side, as well. Someone at NW needs to get on the stick and do a hell of alot better job promoting Bearcat sports with NW students. Get different organizations involved showing up for games, especially Fraternities and Sororities ... maybe require their 'pledges' to show up for the games. Get them involved in something gimmicky and fun and loud that makes more students want to get in on the action. Student attendance on that side hasn't been the same since the days of Shoulder Pads Guy! Mel Tjeerdsma/Bearcat Stadium needs more Shoulder Pads Guys (and Gals)!!! Gottta say, I REALLY loved Green Guy at the one Arrowhead game years ago. Man, he got a lot of scoreboard video attention at Arrowhead.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-03-2022, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I'll say it again ... our NW media guys, who do a pretty good job, need to get some camera's set up on the upper levels of the East Grandstand and do a hell of alot more showing off more action on the field toward the West Grandstand side. Would look alot more impressive to Bearcat fans and football fans across the country, including interested recruits watching the game on stream or TV. Especially true for playoff games. Always a great looking crowd on that side of Mel Tjeerdsma/Bearcat Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

This seems to be an ongoing issue with students at NW these past years, especially early in the season ... and this is in despite of our increasing enrollment. The West Grandstand side is always packed with NW Alumni. But the student's East Grandstand has also shown to be an increasing percentage of Alumni taking over that side, as well. Someone at NW needs to get on the stick and do a hell of alot better job promoting Bearcat sports with NW students. Get different organizations involved showing up for games, especially Fraternities and Sororities ... maybe require their 'pledges' to show up for the games. Get them involved in something gimmicky and fun and loud that makes more students want to get in on the action. Student attendance on that side hasn't been the same since the days of Shoulder Pads Guy! Mel Tjeerdsma/Bearcat Stadium needs more Shoulder Pads Guys (and Gals)!!! Gottta say, I REALLY loved Green Guy at the one Arrowhead game years ago. Man, he got a lot of scoreboard video attention at Arrowhead.
        As much as I hate to say this, but NW needs to get with the times. And that involves alcohol sales at a reasonable price. It seems everyone else is, why not us? It would get students in the stands and provide a revenue boost.

Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

it’s a problem everywhere at all levels many schools have been dealing with this to varying degrees.
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

The students know there's a game, they're out in their tailgate lot and they can pretty much drink freely out there...doubtful that many will make it into the game with that available to them.

While enrollment is up, the growth has largely been from online classes and grad students...haven't seen the numbers but would guess in town college student population is down. The traditional student population is dropping.

I'm with CatFan88 on the selling of alcohol in the stadium...Pitt started selling beer in their concession stands last year and I saw where they're opening up a beer garden of sorts in the north end zone this season. They tried to do something like that at BB last year but didn't have enough help to get it implemented. That being said, I'm not convinced that would help student attendance...college students typically gravitate to where the cheapest drinking option is.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

The students know there's a game, they're out in their tailgate lot and they can pretty much drink freely out there...doubtful that many will make it into the game with that available to them.

While enrollment is up, the growth has largely been from online classes and grad students...haven't seen the numbers but would guess in town college student population is down. The traditional student population is dropping.

I'm with CatFan88 on the selling of alcohol in the stadium...Pitt started selling beer in their concession stands last year and I saw where they're opening up a beer garden of sorts in the north end zone this season. They tried to do something like that at BB last year but didn't have enough help to get it implemented. That being said, I'm not convinced that would help student attendance...college students typically gravitate to where the cheapest drinking option is.
              Doesn't really help with students. It pretty much just makes the already drunk townies more drunk.

Comment

Our student section was pretty packed last week. It is the west side chair backs that were empty…

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  Our student section was pretty packed last week. It is the west side chair backs that were empty…
                  Yeah. Student section is usually pretty full at Pitt. I didn't notice a difference after alcohol sales started, though. I did see more drunk d bags in the stadium than usual, though. On the bright side, some of them are funny. 😀

Comment

I did find someone to take my ticket this week. I was stuck at home with covid for the third time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

As much as I hate to say this, but NW needs to get with the times. And that involves alcohol sales at a reasonable price. It seems everyone else is, why not us? It would get students in the stands and provide a revenue boost.
                      JB,

Rumor has it thats already in the works for next season...

Comment

• I'm watching this game now. Hays looks slow on defense, and soft up front. Either that or NW oline is much better than last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I'm watching this game now. Hays looks slow on defense, and soft up front. Either that or NW oline is much better than last season.
                          Think would be a fair assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

You mean Northwest students still out in their tailgate lot across the street from the NW campus down the street from Bearcat Stadium? Really? And, you think that's why NW students aren't inside Bearcat Stadium these days? Really?

Oh, you mean something like this NW Homecoming in 2016? Surely, NW students know better these days.

Actually, seems pretty tame compared to those Sig Tau parties I used to hear about during those glorious 1980's. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pnjm5BM2kg

Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-04-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• I think their attention span is too short to be able to watch a game

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

You mean Northwest students still out in their tailgate lot across the street from the NW campus down the street from Bearcat Stadium? Really? And, you think that's why NW students aren't inside Bearcat Stadium these days? Really?

Oh, you mean something like this NW Homecoming in 2016? Surely, NW students know better these days.

Actually, seems pretty tame compared to those Sig Tau parties I used to hear about during those glorious 1980's. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pnjm5BM2kg

I know your fall college game days were spent in the Library, so I wanted to let you know the regular college kids spend them drinking in the tailgate lot on home game! ;)

You scared me with that youtube link...thought some 8mm video of a mid to late 80's Tau party had surfaced! :D

Pretty brave of the TKE's to post that video in this current era's microscope on Greek Life.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X