Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
    Looks like ESU has another bye week. Man two to start the season! LFG
    I mean I literally can’t argue this anymore. I just hope we score a TD. Better yet, let’s try for 200 yards of total offense!
    Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

More like 1 trick ponies.
      That “one trick pony” has beaten Pitt two years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I mean I literally can’t argue this anymore. I just hope we score a TD. Better yet, let’s try for 200 yards of total offense!
        Ummmmm??? That was hard to watch offensively!! The two QB's looked average at best and our o-line was obviously overmatched. I thought our D played well for most of the game but you when your offense can't sustain drives then it makes it rough on your D. I was a little bit perplexed by the lack of push our D-line got. Either that Mo West offensive line was really good or our D-line wasn't as good as advertised. I am sure they will get better as the season goes....at least here is hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post

Ummmmm??? That was hard to watch offensively!! The two QB's looked average at best and our o-line was obviously overmatched. I thought our D played well for most of the game but you when your offense can't sustain drives then it makes it rough on your D. I was a little bit perplexed by the lack of push our D-line got. Either that Mo West offensive line was really good or our D-line wasn't as good as advertised. I am sure they will get better as the season goes....at least here is hoping!!
          I felt lied to the entire game! Lol The D Line didn’t look anywhere near what was advertised and the O-Line didn’t look “improved” at all like we were told. In fact, I would say the O-Line has regressed. It will take a few weeks to know how good MW is but honestly I think they’re still average and we just suck.
          Roll Chos!

Comment

I was in St Joe at the game and thought that the defensive stand at the end of the second quarter when UCO denied the Griffs the score inside the 5 would shift momentum coming out for the second half. Didn't happen. Positives for the night were the punting game and lack of turnovers. The defense controlled the run in the middle but was burned on the outside. The MoWest QB got several good runs to the weak side of the formation and their tight ends were open all night. I agree the offense needs to sustain drives. Hoping to see a lot of improvement when they host Emporia this Thursday at the home opener in the newly remodeled stadium. As one of the offensive coaches told me after the game, "We'll get them going."

I think Southside said that MoWest returned 11 starters on offense and 8 on defense. I was impressed with their O-line's size and physicality and by the size and close coverage of their secondary. Their QB had a good night other than the one interception, which was an overthrow. As much as I hate to say it, they looked good. They have always been a tough physical team. They might just have the mental toughness and discipline to go with it this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              I was in St Joe at the game and thought that the defensive stand at the end of the second quarter when UCO denied the Griffs the score inside the 5 would shift momentum coming out for the second half. Didn't happen. Positives for the night were the punting game and lack of turnovers. The defense controlled the run in the middle but was burned on the outside. The MoWest QB got several good runs to the weak side of the formation and their tight ends were open all night. I agree the offense needs to sustain drives. Hoping to see a lot of improvement when they host Emporia this Thursday at the home opener in the newly remodeled stadium. As one of the offensive coaches told me after the game, "We'll get them going."

I think Southside said that MoWest returned 11 starters on offense and 8 on defense. I was impressed with their O-line's size and physicality and by the size and close coverage of their secondary. Their QB had a good night other than the one interception, which was an overthrow. As much as I hate to say it, they looked good. They have always been a tough physical team. They might just have the mental toughness and discipline to go with it this season.
              We will definitely have to see but Mo West looked solid in pretty much all aspects! We looked very conservative offensively and didn't look to run Steph much early in the game? I thought with his size that would be a way to gain leverage on the defense by playing the numbers in the RPO game. We only took a couple of shots downfield all game. I am sure we will see a vast improvement this week now that the coaches have some live action to critique!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I felt lied to the entire game! Lol The D Line didn’t look anywhere near what was advertised and the O-Line didn’t look “improved” at all like we were told. In fact, I would say the O-Line has regressed. It will take a few weeks to know how good MW is but honestly I think they’re still average and we just suck.
                maybe…sometimes week one can lie to you.

emporia st is a capable opponent deserving of respect by anyone in the league as a team that can beat you necessarily but at the same time beating them is only a bridge too far for the dregs. if they smoke y’all you’ll have your answer, if the game is competitive or co wins then you have a different answer.

not to mention the fact that teams typically grow the most between weeks one and two and teams with new coaches/systems have the potential to grow the most throughout the season.

maybe mowest is dynamite. that staff went 9-3 in 2019 they aren’t necessarily chopped liver. time will tell.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Hays vs. NW
                  Highly impressed with the Green and White game 1. It will be interesting to see how much of a test Hays actually was as the season plays out. I do think the Tigers had some very good players and bright spots that caused some serious issues for the Bearcats early on. Not being able to game plan to the degree that the upper tier coaches in this league do, (and both of these teams are very well coached), causes this first game to have some degree of give and take early on. The disparity of talent up front eventually was on full display.
                  That being said, the Bearcats depth at Running Back is very impressive, the potential options at WR/TE/Slot come with a very high ceiling, and the two QB's both had some very bright spots. If the Bearcats can be at least serviceable up front, a lot of points will be scored by this unit.

For the first time in a while, I think the real issues for the Cats could come on the other side of the ball. It could be that the adjustments that will need to happen, will happen over time. It also could be that an apparent lack of depth up front, and some experience issues behind that could lead to some issues, thus a lot more points scored that Bearcat fandom are used to. Hays seemed to suffer from a bit of lack of patients, and also failed to capitalize a couple of times leaving some points off of the board.
                  The Tigers will learn a lot about themselves this week, while the Bearcats will unfortunately have to wait one more week to put the lessons learned from week one to the test.
                  Man I love D2 Football and the MIAA!

Comment

Originally posted by LopeShowFTW View Post
                    Not in Kearney.

3rd year for this staff. We’ll see how things go

Comment

Not in Kearney.
                      even more embarrassing

Comment

Not in Kearney.

3rd year for this staff. We’ll see how things go
                        We’ll see how things play out on Thursday. I think this Loper team has a few more tricks than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post

I wouldn't get too down. MoWest looks very good this year, and UCO is in a full gut and rebuild mode. It's going to take a couple of years before they compete week in and week out, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LopeShowFTW View Post
                            They sure have.
                            Hopefully Pitt can figure them out this year and they can avoid the injury bug.

Last year was double painful. Pitt lost the game as well as losing a really good RB for most of the season and a really good olb for the entire season in the first half.

Has the loper D improved since last year ?

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
                              even more embarrassing
                              I don’t believe they have ever beat Pitt in Kearney. One of those wins was Covid shortened seasons

Comment

Anybody else sick of this UCO crap? Some UCO and NW posters claim that UCO has the talent and just needs a culture change. Looks like the Griffs dispelled the UCO talent myth.

While we're at it, Bronchos sounds cool, but Chos just sounds Okie stupid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X