X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

if they do get beat in my opinion, there will be a bunch of 6-1 and 7-0s in front of them. yes, they should. I'm not all about the "coaches polls"
    they clearly vote for their buddy's and themselves all the time.
    Would A 2 LOSS UNTJD beat a perfect PSAC or NE 10 team 8 times out of 10? Probably.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied

if they do get beat in my opinion, there will be a bunch of 6-1 and 7-0s in front of them. yes, they should. I'm not all about the "coaches polls"
    Holy Moly…. Do we agree on something. I’ll be right back. I’m going to go slap my bosses sister.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

So in that case should UNK, and NW get the boot out of the top 25? Under the assumption that UNK loses this week?

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    I just don’t see how they are ranked so high, when you got a few other teams with similar style wins and records. Not ranked at all. But I guess in the MIAA it will shake itself out in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied

i don't feel under any circumstances should UCO be in that list. i don't know much about most of those teams but i know Angelo, Ouachita and Harding outside of the MIAA teams. i feel like Ouachita and Harding are different enough to cause anyone in that top 25 big problems. especially Harding. they are like UNK but tougher. they stick with the double wing formation almost exclusively and will beat your linebackers into submission. they are comfortable with 3 yards a carry and make your defense want to lay down.
    Ouachita will run at you with 2 TEs and a fullback and just try to out muscle you. then send those guys out into routes once you commit to stopping the run. sounds like an easy concept to defend. if you do it and do it well, no-one can stop it.

we aren't ready...YET.
    So in that case should UNK, and NW get the boot out of the top 25? Under the assumption that UNK loses this week?

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
    Speaking of conference strength. After we smack UNK this week. ESU better be in the top 25. Hell, UCO could even be in the list. What’s going on here. West Georgia, what?!?

D2Football Top 25 (10/11)
    1. Ferris State (5-0)
    2. Grand Valley State (6-0)
    3. Angelo State (6-0)
    4. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
    5. Shepherd (6-0)
    6. Pittsburg State (6-0)
    7. Delta State (6-0)
    8. Harding (5-1)
    9. West Florida (4-1)
    10. Colorado School of Mines (4-2)
    11. Ashland (5-0)
    12. Sioux Falls (6-0)
    13. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
    14. Albany State (5-1)
    15. Virginia Union (6-0)
    16. Indianapolis (5-0)
    17. Indiana (PA) (5-0)
    18. Augustana (5-1)
    19. Slippery Rock (5-1)
    20. Northwest Missouri State (4-2)
    21. Texas A&M-Kingsville (6-0)
    22. Lenoir-Rhyne (5-1)
    23. Benedict (6-0)
    24. Newberry (5-1)
    25. West Georgia (3-2)
    i don't feel under any circumstances should UCO be in that list. i don't know much about most of those teams but i know Angelo, Ouachita and Harding outside of the MIAA teams. i feel like Ouachita and Harding are different enough to cause anyone in that top 25 big problems. especially Harding. they are like UNK but tougher. they stick with the double wing formation almost exclusively and will beat your linebackers into submission. they are comfortable with 3 yards a carry and make your defense want to lay down.
    Ouachita will run at you with 2 TEs and a fullback and just try to out muscle you. then send those guys out into routes once you commit to stopping the run. sounds like an easy concept to defend. if you do it and do it well, no-one can stop it.

we aren't ready...YET.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Speaking of conference strength. After we smack UNK this week. ESU better be in the top 25. Hell, UCO could even be in the list. What’s going on here. West Georgia, what?!?

D2Football Top 25 (10/11)
    1. Ferris State (5-0)
    2. Grand Valley State (6-0)
    3. Angelo State (6-0)
    4. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
    5. Shepherd (6-0)
    6. Pittsburg State (6-0)
    7. Delta State (6-0)
    8. Harding (5-1)
    9. West Florida (4-1)
    10. Colorado School of Mines (4-2)
    11. Ashland (5-0)
    12. Sioux Falls (6-0)
    13. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
    14. Albany State (5-1)
    15. Virginia Union (6-0)
    16. Indianapolis (5-0)
    17. Indiana (PA) (5-0)
    18. Augustana (5-1)
    19. Slippery Rock (5-1)
    20. Northwest Missouri State (4-2)
    21. Texas A&M-Kingsville (6-0)
    22. Lenoir-Rhyne (5-1)
    23. Benedict (6-0)
    24. Newberry (5-1)
    25. West Georgia (3-2)

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Can we trade UCO for SWOSU? Lmao

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    UCO doesn't for obvious reasons. They have long of considered themselves superior to the other regionals and they now are for sure.
    I have long argued that UCO is by far the superior regional university in Oklahoma. With some exceptions, UCO athletics rarely lose to another in-state D2 school in any sport. In several sports, we use games against the in-state regional schools as tune ups for the real competition (MIAA foes). I won’t get into academics, I would say NSU certainly still rivals us there. NSU has a doctoral program and we do not. I’m not as familiar with the academics at say SWOSU or SEOSU. ECU and Cameron are probably the only ones I would say lag far behind.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    UCO doesn't for obvious reasons. They have long of considered themselves superior to the other regionals and they now are for sure . They left Ok schools in 80s to join Lonestar ten years before nsu did . Then others followed after nsuleft naia . Nsu and uco wanted out of lsc the cost to make a lonestar league network was not cost efficient. Nsu was not close to aLSC schools and travel was eating them alive esp to enmsu, Angelo, and tamuk. After they left LSC is when GAC formed. Nsu traditional rival in academics and size and sports has always been UCO. At time our president was ex is UCO admin and then he became UCO pres. The second UCO pres in a row to come from nsu . Nsu does not have volleyball and at time GAC had no men's soccer which nsu is very tied to. So for now we are in Miaa like it or not. And we get to be designated cannon fodder because when we joined there was Truman, msst, sw Baptist, lindenwood and other schools that we could have been competitive with. But let's be real frank no ody in this conf has done well in po in last five years . Because we are wearing each other down. There are less transfers down from D1 because of transfer rule. Less money trickling down because of shrinking paycheck. Not everybody in D2 has a ten million dollar athletic budget.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

it was a really bad troll & he got you anyway.
    Mission Accomplished.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Moon
    replied
    Why don’t UCO and NSU want to play in GAC, seems like it would be make more since for travel and natural rivals

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied

right. join up with reload. you guys would make a great pair.

calling this "word salad" doesn't make it any less relevant. in fact, I identify as a troll at this point. eat a bag of d*cks.
    dood yer not supposed to tell ppl yer a troll.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

^^the anatomy of a barfed up word salad.

1. *advises nwms that you're aware of troll referenced in post resp'd to*
    2. *explains to nwms that mb's are for entertaining trolls*
    3. *claims no one talks on the mb in the offseason & blames nwms for this*
    4. *asks nwms how to make the league stronger*
    5. *proceeds to be trolled by orig ref'd troll*
    right. join up with reload. you guys would make a great pair.

calling this "word salad" doesn't make it any less relevant. in fact, I identify as a troll at this point. eat a bag of d*cks.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied

yeh. we're well aware. we've spent more time arguing with this idiot more than anyone else. we know what he does. however, this is a message board. this is what you do on a message board. talk about things no matter how stupid or how intelligent. how do you know we didn't troll your dumb ass? I've been in and out of this board multiple times during the off season. noone talks about anything. probably because of statements like you just made, TRYING to ridicule people for talking about stuff. it was kind of a topic we were on this particular subject about. how do we make the conference stronger? better? most people ***** about silo scheduling. well, this is what were talking. if emporia thinks FOR REAL UCO doesn't belong, tell us why. this isnt the **** talkng thread.
    ^^the anatomy of a barfed up word salad.

1. *advises nwms that you're aware of troll referenced in post resp'd to*
    2. *explains to nwms that mb's are for entertaining trolls*
    3. *claims no one talks on the mb in the offseason & blames nwms for this*
    4. *asks nwms how to make the league stronger*
    5. *proceeds to be trolled by orig ref'd troll*

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X