X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

Is there anyway they could change the regions around?
    The NCAA only cares about the number of teams in a region that sponsors a sport . They try and keep it balanced across the board. As of 2021, Super Region 1 was at 47 schools, region 2 44, region 3 at 40 and region 4 at 35. The problem will always be region 4 but you could move things around regions 1-3.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied

A few years ago the MIAA was in a region with the LSC RMAC and I think the NSIC.

Leave a comment:

• mtxe
    replied
    Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

NW trainer room right now.

Injuries = excuses… Every team has injuries, next player up

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

They change em every so often. Not in a way that makes any sense, though.

You still have a decent percent of the conferences where all the teams are underfunded or have rules that cap football schollies atn18, 24, etc, and couldn't compete in a decent conference, yet put teams in the playoffs every year.

If D1 was set up similarly, the MIAA could all move up, keep.the schollies at the current cap, and take 1 to 2 playoff spots each year.

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post

True. It's called SR1

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    With Silo scheduling ‘05’s 7-3 NW team likely never sniffs the playoffs yet they were a bobbled pass caught out of the back of the endzone from being Champs.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Playoff system is gameable.
    That is a perfect way to describe it.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

There are playoff teams every year who wouldn't compete in a decent conference. The Playoff system is gameable.
    True. It's called SR1

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Not saying this is likely, but... if Northwest Missouri State and Central Oklahoma BOTH win out, UCO will be ahead of NW in the pecking order.

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    I’ll believe it when I see it. If NW takes care of their business, they’re in. It will likely be a 7 seed, but can’t see the committee giving a 2-loss Harding that shot over NW.

They have been clear for a while nowthat they do things differently in SR3.
    It looks like there will be enough undefeated and 1 loss teams to keep 2 loss teams out.

Running the table may not be enough without some help.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I read in another thread that there is a decent chance that the MIAA gets only 1 team in the POs. Is the MIAA really that down, or would a lot of these other teams that get in really struggle to compete in the MIAA? I remember when Truman was a doormat and they switch conferences and all of a sudden they are making the POs.
    There are playoff teams every year who wouldn't compete in a decent conference. The Playoff system is gameable.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    I’ll believe it when I see it. If NW takes care of their business, they’re in. It will likely be a 7 seed, but can’t see the committee giving a 2-loss Harding that shot over NW.

They have been clear for a while nowthat they do things differently in SR3.

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    I read in another thread that there is a decent chance that the MIAA gets only 1 team in the POs. Is the MIAA really that down, or would a lot of these other teams that get in really struggle to compete in the MIAA? I remember when Truman was a doormat and they switch conferences and all of a sudden they are making the POs.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied

can you imagine the gnashing of both teeth if NW gets left out of the playoffs because their SOS is .500? Their own administrations love affair with silo scheduling would be their undoing.
    i mean i'm not rooting for it for obv reasons but just desserts if so in regards to any supporters of it. idr who was who in this other than nwms' asinine stance.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied

can you imagine the gnashing of both teeth
    hahahaha subtle.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X