• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    he knows. & also welcome to the board.
    can you imagine the gnashing of both teeth if NW gets left out of the playoffs because their SOS is .500? Their own administrations love affair with silo scheduling would be their undoing.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    he knows. & also welcome to the board.

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    Oh yes, it is a thing the fans of the MIAA really want. We want the ability to have at least one non-conference game. Seems we need to convince our Presidents in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post

It is frustrating to me to see possible GLVC get in front of either NW or ESU... or any current 2 loss MIAA team.
    Silo scheduling anyone?

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    For either NW or ESU to have hopes to make the playoffs they need to roll their next opponents leading up to their regular season finale game. The hope is the winner has done enough to get a region 3 bid.

It is frustrating to me to see possible GLVC get in front of either NW or ESU... or any current 2 loss MIAA team.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I really hope NW and ESU are undefeated for that last game. Ot will make for fun drama.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    pitt could lose to co or wburn they're beatable
    but they probably won't
    mowest & hays don't seem to have it
    might be time for the former's seat to get warm.
    the two loss teams need to win out - nwms plays two of them & the third co still has pitt, wburn, & nk so it'll sort out. i could spin it forward favorably for any of them so why bother. see what happens.
    Yeah Pitt could end up with 2 losses if stuff goes South. Lots of football left, but this is when the season gets fun. Everyone scrambling to eat each other.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    pitt could lose to co or wburn they're beatable
    but they probably won't
    mowest & hays don't seem to have it
    might be time for the former's seat to get warm.
    the two loss teams need to win out - nwms plays two of them & the third co still has pitt, wburn, & nk so it'll sort out. i could spin it forward favorably for any of them so why bother. see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    UCO scares me.
    That said, I do plan to make a koi pond post or two during that week. The last time I did that, ESU got monkey stomped, so I want to see if it will happen to them again. ;)
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 10-17-2022, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Let’s not pretend Pitt is going to lose to UCO. Washburn is your only threat, at best. ;)
    yeh. no way.

Scoreboard you panty hamster.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by Try II View Post
    Davenport playing only 9 D2 games (Lincoln of Cali is NAIA) can't help their case if they are on the bubble. It would help them if Truman wins the GLVC outright ... my guess is they lose their final 3 and not even in the picture.
    Saginaw has been known to drop a game that they should win It could be the Dport game. Still, Dport hasn't looked strong in their wins. I would be more surprised if they had 2 losses than 3 at the end of the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Davenport playing only 9 D2 games (Lincoln of Cali is NAIA) can't help their case if they are on the bubble. It would help them if Truman wins the GLVC outright ... my guess is they lose their final 3 and not even in the picture.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Not bad, but you might want to put Saginaw in the hunt... and likely they are at worse 7th if they win out. Only 2 losses are to GV and FSU. If they beat Dport, that'll kick Dport out. I'm hardly a Saggy fan, but I don't see any other 2 loss team ranked above Saginaw. Dport doesn't appear to be a PO caliber team. They snuck by with an OT win 2 weeks ago at NMU and won on essentially the last play AT HOME vs a poor Wayne team. The schedule will play out for Dport soon enough.

And I don't know if the comm. will look at FSU's SOS to be strong enough to bump any undefeated. I suspect the lack of D2 games may push them down to the 4th spot. Lots of ball to play though.
    good call, forgot Saggy and how important that Davenport game is for both teams. That is a surefire playoff eliminator.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

What would put Pitt below OBU. Aren't they in a silo, too? Not doubting you, just wondering what variable you are using? GV, I definitely get. They have strong OOC wins.
    Not saying it matters to the committee but OBU started the season ranked higher and are still higher rated in the polls, that was my thought process. Additionally, if you have OBU at 2 and Pitt at 3 it keeps from having a conference matchup in the first round.

To answer Gorilla Teachers question i think it comes down again to avoiding first round conference rematches. Both teams have a somewhat head scratching loss UCO and Hendy State and one "good" loss which is PItt and OBU. OBU is ranked higher than Pitt so Harding gets the higher ranking over NWMS. I know, I know, its unfathomable, unmentionable, and downright wrong that NW isn't ranked at #0 ahead of Grand Valley even with 2 losses. I'm sure the committee will come to their senses and correct this atrocity.

The 2 loss team who will probably have the most to complain about is Davenport or Saginaw Valley especially if they play Ferris and GV close. How do you not have either of them in the playoffs over all those other 2 loss teams when their 2 losses are against #1 and probably #5 or so in the country and 1st and 4th in the region? All those years of the MIAA arguing about getting three teams in, GLIAC has a strong case to make for that this year IF Davenport plays them or Saggy beats Davenport and wins out.
    Last edited by Wallst; 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post
    Next three weeks are huge for UCO. Win and your in, lose one and you're out. NW vs ESU in the last game of the year is a playoff elimination game especially for Emporia who has an easy road until that week. UNK put themselves in a bad position with the L to ESU. UNK has 2 gimme's and 2 tough games. A loss in either 1 and they're done. if NW slips up vs UNK or ESU they are done. Pitt isn't completely out of the woods yet either with both Washburn and UCO left.

GLVC Indy and Truman State only have 1 loss and they play each other in the last game of the year in what should be a win or go home game.

GAC Harding is 5-2 but should win out, Henderson is 5-2 and plays OBU in the last game, East Central has OBU and SWOSU left, OBU is undefeated with a 2 game lead.

GLIAC Davenport is undefeated but after a gimme this week they finish with Saginaw Valley, Ferris, and Grand Valley.(OUCH). GV is undefeated and should win out, Ferris with 1 loss should win out.

So top 7 are?
    GV
    OBU
    Pitt
    Ferris
    Indy
    Harding
    NW/ESU/Truman/Davenport
    Not bad, but you might want to put Saginaw in the hunt... and likely they are at worse 7th if they win out. Only 2 losses are to GV and FSU. If they beat Dport, that'll kick Dport out. I'm hardly a Saggy fan, but I don't see any other 2 loss team ranked above Saginaw. Dport doesn't appear to be a PO caliber team. They snuck by with an OT win 2 weeks ago at NMU and won on essentially the last play AT HOME vs a poor Wayne team. The schedule will play out for Dport soon enough.

And I don't know if the comm. will look at FSU's SOS to be strong enough to bump any undefeated. I suspect the lack of D2 games may push them down to the 4th spot. Lots of ball to play though.
    Last edited by Redwing; 10-17-2022, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X