Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

None. NW will be grandfathered into the mysterious 0 seed. It assures NW an auto bid into the Natty against the least deserving SR1 team.
    What he said! 😎

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

I don’t think a 2-loss Truman team gets in because their one OOC loss is about to start to look less shiny with Davenport facing SVSU, FSU and GVSU in the final three weeks. What’s helpful is the fact that Truman went out and beat three more teams that are at or above .500 from other conferences and still has a chance to add two more +.500 wins in the final three weeks.

But even with two losses, blind resume probably still puts TSU ahead of NWMSU anyway because of those OOC region wins.
      The GLVC, the conference chock full of other conference's rejects. NW >>>>> Anything GLVC. NW's 5 million point win over that GLVC winning Lindenwood team a few years ago ensured that for eternity (plus every other previous result). Who is putting money down on 2022 Truman beating 2022 NW H2H? NW still has 2 games to prove they belong.

Interesting side note - The last season NW did not participate in the POs, Truman played a hand in that pulling off a miracle at NW on Homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

The GLVC, the conference chock full of other conference's rejects. NW >>>>> Anything GLVC. NW's 5 million point win over that GLVC winning Lindenwood team a few years ago ensured that for eternity (plus every other previous result). Who is putting money down on 2022 Truman beating 2022 NW H2H? NW still has 2 games to prove they belong.

Interesting side note - The last season NW did not participate in the POs, Truman played a hand in that pulling off a miracle at NW on Homecoming.
        A couple of years off. That was in 2001 and NW went 7-4. They went 8-3 in 2003, beating Pitt State in the final game, but Pitt ended up being the only MIAA playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post

A couple of years off. That was in 2001 and NW went 7-4. They went 8-3 in 2003, beating Pitt State in the final game, but Pitt ended up being the only MIAA playoff team.
          Shhhh. Thanks for the correction! I was on a roll and totally glossed over that. ;) 2003 felt like a PO win against Pitt. NW was given zero chance to win that game. I remember Jeff Harlin picking against them. It was a bet your mortgage feel going in. I was one of the few that thought they had a chance. Bostwick had the recipe to slow the option and Pitt struggled completing the forward pass. NW had a young dynamic playmaker at QB and the Rectors. Game on. Have always felt that win was the rebirth of what would transpire over the remainder of the decade.

Comment

Not sure when NCAA will start uploading the spreadsheets with regional rankings, but it'll be interesting to see the breakdown of the ranking categories.

Comment

https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr3.html

this will get you close probably.

Comment

Does anyone know/think there is a chance a 2 or 3 loss MIAA team gets a spot in SR4 with as many 2 & 3 loss teams as they have in weaker conferences? I know UNK was put in SR4 last year, just wasn’t sure if that would be realistic or could happen? Hadn’t heard anything about it being a possibility, just thinking of scenarios.

Comment

As far as I understand it, the regions are set, then moved around if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by HornetTakeover View Post
                    Does anyone know/think there is a chance a 2 or 3 loss MIAA team gets a spot in SR4 with as many 2 & 3 loss teams as they have in weaker conferences? I know UNK was put in SR4 last year, just wasn’t sure if that would be realistic or could happen? Hadn’t heard anything about it being a possibility, just thinking of scenarios.
                    There are no changes made to the teams selected by region. What you are referring to is the movement of teams to another region in an attempt to save immaterial travel costs after the playoff teams have been identified and seeded.

Comment

‘03 was the famous 5 way tie for 1st year. Under the current format NW may have made the PO’s at 8-3

Comment

I was at that game-if memory serves me NW blocked a FG on last play and won 20-19

Comment

So NW is 11th in the nation but not in the top 10 in SR3…talk about a stacked Region.

Comment

So at this moment ESU is likely #8 and NWMSU is likely #11 in the region rankings? ESU needs to move up just one spot but that takes likely Henderson State and Indy or Truman State loss to get that #7 spot correct?

Of course that all depends on beating NWMSU as well. So does this apply for NWMSU also if they beat ESU? Do they get the #7 spot and jump a Harding in the process?

Comment

Henderson likely loses to Ouchita Baptist, but yes. If Pitt takes care of business and Ouchita takes care of business, I think, provided ESU or NWMSU win out, they get the 7 seed.

Comment

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Well it looks like they have ESU at #9 and NWMSU at #10. Harding is the #8.

I just don’t see the winner of the ESU/NWMSU not getting the #7 spot if Ouachita wins out. SOS has to be over Harding. Truman/Indy are #6/#7 but one has to lose still.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X