Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Well it looks like they have ESU at #9 and NWMSU at #10. Harding is the #8.

I just don’t see the winner of the ESU/NWMSU not getting the #7 spot if Ouachita wins out. SOS has to be over Harding. Truman/Indy are #6/#7 but one has to lose still.
    SOS of ESU/NW/Harding will all be .500.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post
      If Ferris loses to Davenport, they might be on that bubble...only played 9 D2 games, and Central Washington COULD be below .500 by the end of the year, and Lenoir-Rhyne is gonna be 6-5 i think...so their strength of schedule won't be that great either...could you put them in with only 5 in-region wins compared to silos who would all have 9 in-region wins? Wowsers.
      Absolutely disagree. Their SOS is at a level that's seldom seen, and they'll be adding undefeated Davenport to that. I also don't think they'll be punished for only nine D2 games. I really don't think they'll be punished for the lack of in-region games when two of the conferences with which they're competing make it nearly impossible to schedule no-conference in-region games. In-region is a ridiculously stupid data point anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

IIRC they still rank them, but 5,6,7 are interchangeable wrt their region and opponent with the intent to reduce conference rematches and flights in the first and second round. It’s why Kearney got moved out west last year, and central Washington was moved into SR3.
        The teams are either seeded 1,2,3, or 4 or considered unseeded.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
          Harding has two teams left to play under.500. that could affect their percentage
          It will be precisely .500.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Absolutely disagree. Their SOS is at a level that's seldom seen, and they'll be adding undefeated Davenport to that. I also don't think they'll be punished for only nine D2 games. I really don't think they'll be punished for the lack of in-region games when two of the conferences with which they're competing make it nearly impossible to schedule no-conference in-region games. In-region is a ridiculously stupid data point anyway.
            I don't think they will get left out either...and honestly don't believe they should with 2 losses, but i do think Davenport would have to be above them...so they WOULD be on the bubble...just funny to think about. And if you look at the numbers, they would agree, i think.

Your last sentence is so true...except that everything at the DII level is based on regionalization. I agree completely...i just think we are both wrong...it is a selection criteria in *almost* every team sport the NCAA sponsors a championship for in DII...may be a stupid data point, but it is a key data point, nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post
              I don't think they will get left out either...and honestly don't believe they should with 2 losses, but i do think Davenport would have to be above them...so they WOULD be on the bubble...just funny to think about. And if you look at the numbers, they would agree, i think.

Your last sentence is so true...except that everything at the DII level is based on regionalization. I agree completely...i just think we are both wrong...it is a selection criteria in *almost* every team sport the NCAA sponsors a championship for in DII...may be a stupid data point, but it is a key data point, nonetheless.
              It doesn't have to be used and I don't think it is being used. Everyone agrees that football is different and in-region doesn't make sense with a maximum of 11 data points.

Comment

I know in theory it ends up being .500 At end of season. But does that stay same through out whole season ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

In region never made any sense to me. Why discourage teams from traveling and filling schedules?

Comment

No, but it will be right at .500 in the end. What seems to change more, which is why Pitt is #2 over OBU, imo, is our wins over .500 teams.

I guess Ouachita is pretty low on their SOS currently. But everyone knows it will be .500 in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      No, but it will be right at .500 in the end. What seems to change more, which is why Pitt is #2 over OBU, imo, is our wins over .500 teams.

I guess Ouachita is pretty low on their SOS currently. But everyone knows it will be .500 in the end.
                      I wonder how they come up at .500 since you can't play yourself, leaving an odd number of teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I wonder how they come up at .500 since you can't play yourself, leaving an odd number of teams?
                        You said it yourself in another thread, for every game, there are two data generated, a win and a loss. An odd number times two is an even number.

Comment

Right now the AFCA & D2FB polls both have NW ranked ahead of 5 of the teams the NCAA ranked ahead of them in the Region. IF NW finishes 9-2 and still ranked Nationally above other 9-2 teams in SR3 would that subconsciously influence the NCAA committee?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            Right now the AFCA & D2FB polls both have NW ranked ahead of 5 of the teams the NCAA ranked ahead of them in the Region. IF NW finishes 9-2 and still ranked Nationally above other 9-2 teams in SR3 would that subconsciously influence the NCAA committee?
                            No. The most important thing after the ranking formula is who sits on the committee.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

No. The most important thing after the ranking formula is who sits on the committee.
                              Good point-who’s on the SR3 committee this year with teams in the running for a spot?

Comment

If Harding wins out they will be in before NW or ESU. Those two teams better hope they lose a game.

Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X