Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

A committee that favors NW. for sure
    I would say History favors NW moreso than the committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post

Don’t read into things that aren’t there. I didn’t even mention MOSo, nor was it implied/inferred. Anywho…

1. I seriously doubt HCRW or any of the other staff or players are looking past anyone, let alone YOUR Lions at this point. As I stated a couple weeks ago, NW has to win out to even have a chance to slide into a 7-seed.
      2. I was referring to Emporia chances of getting in, not NW’s.
      3. We lose to a rebuilding UCO team and perennial bottom quadrant MoSo team the same season and maybe those debates are warranted.
      Don’t worry. We lost to that trash team too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I would say History favors NW moreso than the committee.
        None the less.

Comment

• After today it really feels like:
          - Grand Valley, Pitt State and Ferris State have top 4 spots guaranteed.
          - Ouachita will be the other top 4 seed if they win next week (and still might be anyway)
          - Davenport is in. Losing back to back to Ferris and GV, at worst case, won’t keep them out.
          - Truman or Indianapolis is in. Play-in game next week.
          - Final spot probably to the Emporia / Northwest winner. Henderson could make a case with a win against OBU. Would be the best win among them + Harding crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
            After today it really feels like:
            - Grand Valley, Pitt State and Ferris State have top 4 spots guaranteed.
            - Ouachita will be the other top 4 seed if they win next week (and still might be anyway)
            - Davenport is in. Losing back to back to Ferris and GV, at worst case, won’t keep them out.
            - Truman or Indianapolis is in. Play-in game next week.
            - Final spot probably to the Emporia / Northwest winner. Henderson could make a case with a win against OBU. Would be the best win among them + Harding crew.
            I'm wondering even if Truman loses, they still get in? Even Indy can make it with another loss. Both have pretty high SOS's.. Much higher than .500. I don't see a case as to how more than one MIAA gets in.

Comment

• I don't know if Truman gets in with loss but Indy has real strong SOS because it all those gliac games they played. If obu wins I think it's the miaa runner up vs glvc runner up.

Comment

• A ND to be real honest, I'm dont think NWMsU is as well rounded as Emporia is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm wondering even if Truman loses, they still get in? Even Indy can make it with another loss. Both have pretty high SOS's.. Much higher than .500. I don't see a case as to how more than one MIAA gets in.
                  I'm torn on the subject. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded for the silo crap, but I'm not sure the glvc teams would make the playoffs if they were in any of the other 3 conferences.
                  Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-05-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I'm torn on the subject. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded for the silo crap, but I'm not sure the glvc teama would make the pyoffs if they were in any of the other 3 conferences.
                    No argument from me on that. I suspect that's the issue the committee may be struggling with. Monday will shine some light on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      A ND to be real honest, I'm dont think NWMsU is as well rounded as Emporia is.
                      I agree. NW has the best front 7 in the conference, but has major holes in other areas. ESU is really solid and deep on D, really good pass O, getting closer to balanced on that side of the ball, and decent on special teams.

That said, I don't know that they know how to win with their backs against the wall like NW has done a few times this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Don’t worry. We lost to that trash team too.
                        yeh and next year as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

No argument from me on that. I suspect that's the issue the committee may be struggling with. Monday will shine some light on it.
                          My eyeballs (and heart) tell me that NW/Emporia Winner is the better team than any other choices for the 7 seed. I do feel the Indy/Truman winner would be at best in the MIAA tier of teams Washburn/UNK , and more likely the MW/UCM/UCO/MOSO teams, and the Harding/Henderson choice would likely be on the Washburn/UNK line.

As the season has played out, Pitt is a ESU kicker from having 1 loss, and a bit better play from NW from having 2 losses themselves. Both ESU and NW killed themselves vs. UCO and Pitt or could be sitting where Pitt is instead.......

So....I think it is right and easily justifiable for the committee to let the win and in scenario's do their thing..... Indy vs. TSU and NW vs. Emporia, winners take all. Easiest and fairest choice for the committee.

Now....can we please look HARD at implementing the system that the FCS employs. It seems they get the best teams in the playoffs and then regionalize things as best they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                            I don't know if Truman gets in with loss but Indy has real strong SOS because it all those gliac games they played. If obu wins I think it's the miaa runner up vs glvc runner up.
                            Indy played one GLIAC (SVSU) and lost. They played 2 GMAC (Tiffin and Ohio Dominican) and won. ODU lost to Tiffin and Ashland and beat William Jewell (might be a notch above Lincoln) by 10. Tiffin lost to Ashland and Truman. Ashland sits atop the GMAC at 8-1 but got upset by 5-5 Hillsdale. While Indy's SOS might be strong, the quality is Walmart.
                            Last edited by CatFan88; 11-06-2022, 06:34 AM.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I'm torn on the subject. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded for the silo crap, but I'm not sure the glvc teams would make the playoffs if they were in any of the other 3 conferences.
                              Because Truman and Indy play the SOS game. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded, at all. The time has come and gone for the MIAA to be taught a hard lesson about silo scheduling. I want NW to make the PO's but I can tolerate the penalty of missing the PO's if it wipes silo scheduling off the board.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Because Truman and Indy play the SOS game. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded, at all. The time has come and gone for the MIAA to be taught a hard lesson about silo scheduling. I want NW to make the PO's but I can tolerate the penalty of missing the PO's if it wipes silo scheduling off the board.
                                Like I say, I'm torn on it because I don't think either conference should be rewarded. One is lazy, the other is running a pyramid scheme.

I want the silo to go away, too. It will take fans and boosters becoming activists and putting pressure on administrators, though, and I'm not sure getting jobbed out of one playoff will be enough to make that happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X