Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

If I won the Powerball I could care less what MIAA does with football scheduling. I'll be worrying about my next drink to order sitting on the beach somewhere tropical, haha.
    That's a given.

Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

That's my point. Truman didn't duck GV. Traveled (and GV played AT Truman too.) So there's something more than just not wanting a loss to NW if they played AND traveled to GV
      I might be wrong, but I think his point was that NW and Truman would be battling for some of the same athletes and students in general. Taking a loss to GVSU doesn’t negatively move that needle as much as a yearly beatdown from NWMSU might. I don’t know… whatever the reasons, it was a good move for Truman.

Comment

• I hated that Truman left. Then I had to go to kirksville . I then got why they left . Can't blame them for going. It was right move. They have winning football teams make alum and donors happy which makes institution happier. I bet all of the schools who left feel the same way . It's working for them. And they picked well with schedule. Might be good enough to get them in over nwmsu. There will be some hurt feelings and trash talking then

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
          I hated that Truman left. Then I had to go to kirksville . I then got why they left . Can't blame them for going. It was right move. They have winning football teams make alum and donors happy which makes institution happier. I bet all of the schools who left feel the same way . It's working for them. And they picked well with schedule. Might be good enough to get them in over nwmsu. There will be some hurt feelings and trash talking then
          I get it, but 2 things.

One... glvc schools need to Quit lying about why they did it.
          Two.... change PO criteria before the playoffs becomes 90% crappy teams gaming the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I get it, but 2 things.

One... glvc schools need to Quit lying about why they did it.
            Two.... change PO criteria before the playoffs becomes 90% crappy teams gaming the system.
            You’re going to continue to believe whatever you want, I get it. But I talked to people all across the University when they made the switch (because it really bothered me as an alum who played against other MIAA teams), and it was truly a University decision, spearheaded by the then-President. Believe it or not, football wasn’t the main driver of the move — Truman had 21 sports at the time, some of which weren’t sponsored by the MIAA, so it benefitted a number of Truman’s programs including men’s soccer and swimming in particular.

I’ve said it before (in. this. thread.) that the GLVC footprint of Chicago and St. Louis, as well as secondarily Kansas City, Indianapolis and (then) Louisville, suited the entire University, both the academic and athletic nature of competing with similarly sized schools with similar academic standards and principles. Truman has also really worked central/eastern Iowa hard as well, particularly in men’s basketball, since the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

ESU has fielded some good teams against some weak NW teams. That said, it's still a 26 game win streak for NW that ESU would have to finally break this weekend.

Entirely possible, but NW really has their number too, even in bad years.
              Historically…. It’s came down to coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

You’re going to continue to believe whatever you want, I get it. But I talked to people all across the University when they made the switch (because it really bothered me as an alum who played against other MIAA teams), and it was truly a University decision, spearheaded by the then-President. Believe it or not, football wasn’t the main driver of the move — Truman had 21 sports at the time, some of which weren’t sponsored by the MIAA, so it benefitted a number of Truman’s programs including men’s soccer and swimming in particular.

I’ve said it before (in. this. thread.) that the GLVC footprint of Chicago and St. Louis, as well as secondarily Kansas City, Indianapolis and (then) Louisville, suited the entire University, both the academic and athletic nature of competing with similarly sized schools with similar academic standards and principles. Truman has also really worked central/eastern Iowa hard as well, particularly in men’s basketball, since the move.
                Do y’all still have that crappy stadium and visitors locker room or have they upgraded since you are winning games now?

Comment

• SR3 Team D2 Region
                  1 Grand Valley 9-0
                  2 Ferris State 7-1
                  3 Pittsburg State 10-0
                  4 Ouachita Baptist 10-0
                  5 Davenport 7-1
                  6 Truman State 8-1
                  7 Indianapolis 7-1
                  8 Harding 8-2
                  9 Emporia State 8-2
                  10 Northwest Missouri 8-2

Winner of Truman/Indy is in.

Harding move up and in cause AK Tech isn't going to beat them.

Davenport in a loss to GV is not going to drop below the ESU/NW winner.

So NW/ESU winner, can't get in, without a miracle.

That about right? What am I missing?

Comment

• I don't think the NW/ESU winner gets in

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Current v. .500 records:
                      NW 2-2 with a game left against ESU
                      ESU 2-2 with a game left against NW
                      Harding 2-2, no more above .500 games left
                      Henderson 2-1, game left against OBU and a loss to an under .500 team

So yes, the record against .500 will be different (give or take how a couple of close to .500 teams end their seasons which could move them above or below that line).

However, the point still exists that how the rankings are today are based on today's data. The poster I responded to said "Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking."
                      That's only relevant for the data for today. It could be different by the end of the season. Based on what I shared above, seems NW/ESU would have data to support a jump above Harding but who knows what happens if Henderson beats OBU.
                      As a fan of a team that has spent the biggest part of the last decade in the 8,9,10 spot I said what I said. The Committee had the teams where they were last week letting everyone know who had a chance and who didn’t. I have yet to see a team go from 10 to 7 without all teams in front of them losing.

ESU and NW has slim to none chances of getting in, win not with standing.

Comment

• NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.

Comment

NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.
                          Henderson plays OBU this week. Harding is hosting Arkansas Tech.

Comment

• Harding has Ark Tech, I think. OBU has Henderson. Didn’t Washburn jump up last year, as the 7 seed after beating us?

Comment

NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.
                              Harding hosts Ark Tech (5-5) so 8 should win. Hendo (8-2) hosts rival OBU. They pull the upset & might just zoom to 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

Harding hosts Ark Tech (5-5) so 8 should win. Hendo (8-2) hosts rival OBU. They pull the upset & might just zoom to 7.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X