Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Harding has Ark Tech, I think. OBU has Henderson. Didn’t Washburn jump up last year, as the 7 seed after beating us?
    IDK. When they beat Pitt, I started living in a van down by the river.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.
      5 will likely lose as well.

Comment

• I still think the 7 seat goes to esu/ NW.winner or Indy/ Truman loser. But Harding may sneak instead since they popped up to 8. I don't see Davenport dropping out with who they are playing

Comment

• Does 9-2 convey any advantage over 8-2 or 7-2 in the criteria? What about late losses vs early losses?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Does 9-2 convey any advantage over 8-2 or 7-2 in the criteria? What about late losses vs early losses?
            9-2 is .818, 8-2 is .800, and 7-2 is .778. There is an advantage, but it can be offset by SOS. Late vs. early is not part of the criteria.

Comment

• DU only plays 8 D2 teams(played NMU twice) and they’ll likely end the season on a 2 game losing streak while only beating 6 different D2 teams. Yet they’ll likely make the playoffs ahead of some 9-2 teams.

Comment

DU only plays 8 D2 teams(played NMU twice) and they’ll likely end the season on a 2 game losing streak while only beating 6 different D2 teams. Yet they’ll likely make the playoffs ahead of some 9-2 teams.
                I remember NW getting in over or being bumped higher than others with only 10 games more than once. 8 is worse than 10, but NW is the precedent.

Comment

• 7-3 in ‘05 and nearly won it all. Still it was 10 games vs 10 different D2 teams vs DU’s likely D2 record of 7-2 while only beating 6 different teams.

Comment

• Maybe the best outcome for NW this year is 9-2, missing the playoff and using that as an incentive to get better vs sneaking in, losing and finishing 9-3
                    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-08-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• If silo scheduling hurts MIAA teams why isn’t only playing 8 different D2 teams hurting DU. If scheduling OOC is so easy why could they only come up with 8 D2 teams to play?

Comment

• Several Gliac teams play each other twice. I didn't realize that until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really glad the MIAA doesn't have the "too few teams " problem. I mean,, I love a Pitt, NW game, but neither team would want to have to beat the other twice just to get in the playoffs.

Comment

If silo scheduling hurts MIAA teams why isn’t only playing 8 different D2 teams hurting DU. If scheduling OOC is so easy why could they only come up with 8 D2 teams to play?
                          I think the issue is that the criteria are known. One team looked at them and said "If we Winn most of them, we can still get in with 7 games."

The other team (whole conference actually) looked at the criteria and said, "Dude scheduling is hard. We'll just roll the dice and blame the system that we refused to follow." In a whiny voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think the issue is that the criteria are known. One team looked at them and said "If we Winn most of them, we can still get in with 7 games."

The other team (whole conference actually) looked at the criteria and said, "Dude scheduling is hard. We'll just roll the dice and blame the system that we refused to follow." In a whiny voice.
                            UH, when conferences have silos, it doesn't help getting an OOC game. All of the GLIAC travels. But not having 11 games isn't because the GLIAC isn't trying to schedule OOC games. You really think GV wanted to play Lincoln (CA)? And AI was a really great match up too. I'm not saying silo is the only reason that scheduling is tough, but it doesn't help things a bit.

Comment

DU only plays 8 D2 teams(played NMU twice) and they’ll likely end the season on a 2 game losing streak while only beating 6 different D2 teams. Yet they’ll likely make the playoffs ahead of some 9-2 teams.
                              No matter who wins the ESU/NW, if the committee lets a 3rd place Davenport in over a second place 9-2 MIAA, GAC or GLVC team then why even have a committee…just let a computer pick who gets in.

But either way, the silo thing needs to go. ESU/NW winner in, loser plays Davenport in the Toilet Bowl somewhere would be my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

UH, when conferences have silos, it doesn't help getting an OOC game. All of the GLIAC travels. But not having 11 games isn't because the GLIAC isn't trying to schedule OOC games. You really think GV wanted to play Lincoln (CA)? And AI was a really great match up too. I'm not saying silo is the only reason that scheduling is tough, but it doesn't help things a bit.
                                Your conference was the one who did it right in my scenario. I want silos to be outlawed. Heck, even one noncon a year would be better than nothing.

As for the GLIAC, I feel bad for them. Not sure where all the teams went, but they seem like a dying conference. Trying to schedule 4 ooc games a year has to be tough, and they don't have enough teams to silo up, or any conferences close by to do a scheduling alliance.

I can see both sides with DU, though. I don't think they would win 9 in the MIAA, but their only losses being to 2 of the top teams in all of D2 should carry some weight, and their numbers seem good as long as they don't get dinged for having so few games that count.

I hate the silo stuff, and it shouldn't be rewarded, but I don't want to see a team rewarded for taking money games and/or playing down more than once a year. (I don't know if DU did that or not. I am just throwing it out there as a point, not an accusation )

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X