Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post

When I posted that I had no clue that Harding would actually have the same SOS of .500 as ESU and NWMSU.
    Its ok. ESU isn't a math skool. ;) oh. and welcome to the board! :)

Comment

So we are looking at Davenport ferris and GV. From gliac Truman/Indy Winner. OBU. From GAC,and Pitt from MIAA. Theses six should be in unless a random disaster 7th Then last spot is fight between Harding , ESU/NW winner, and loser from Truman/Indy all the teams will be 9-2. Any I'm missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Where is the "bad loss" in the criteria? Where is "league with most teams over .500" in the criteria, which is meaningless in silo scheduling anyway?

I say that sarcastically because I think the criteria is **** in general.

These should be the only three criteria: Winning % | SOS | Performance Index

I only mean "bad loss" and "league with the most teams above .500" as differentiators BECAUSE if the MIAA ends up with 7 teams above .500, does that mean that they played tougher competition than the GAC if the GAC only has 6 teams above .500? That's all i'm saying...NW would have had an extra chance to get a win against a team above .500? Or does it just mean that the bottom of the MIAA is weaker? I'm just throwing it out there to think about, i agree there's nothing great about it. But somehow you HAVE to break the tie between two teams with identical records and identical SOS.

But as i type that, performance indicator should take care of that because of home/away games and winning percentage/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I only mean "bad loss" and "league with the most teams above .500" as differentiators BECAUSE if the MIAA ends up with 7 teams above .500, does that mean that they played tougher competition than the GAC if the GAC only has 6 teams above .500? That's all i'm saying...NW would have had an extra chance to get a win against a team above .500? Or does it just mean that the bottom of the MIAA is weaker? I'm just throwing it out there to think about, i agree there's nothing great about it. But somehow you HAVE to break the tie between two teams with identical records and identical SOS.

But as i type that, performance indicator should take care of that because of home/away games and winning percentage/etc.
          On our show, we have talked about Criteria vs. Common Sense. All of the things you mention fall into the common sense category.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

On our show, we have talked about Criteria vs. Common Sense. All of the things you mention fall into the common sense category.
            I am reminded of a fortune cookie that I got years ago, "Unfortunately common sense is not so common."

Comment

I'll take the compliment. Thanks for listening to my TedTalk

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I am reminded of a fortune cookie that I got years ago, "Unfortunately common sense is not so common."
                Especially in Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                  So we are looking at Davenport ferris and GV. From gliac Truman/Indy Winner. OBU. From GAC,and Pitt from MIAA. Theses six should be in unless a random disaster 7th Then last spot is fight between Harding , ESU/NW winner, and loser from Truman/Indy all the teams will be 9-2. Any I'm missing ?
                  Henderson St.
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

The committee having them where they are could be based on the data available (SOS, etc.) today, but from the sound of it there will be no difference in NW/ESU winner and Harding (if they win out) once the full schedule is complete.
                    Record vs >.500.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• I didnt think Henderson st could get enough to sneak in with a game with ok baby and obu left which negates each other. But they could manage

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Record vs >.500.
                        Current v. .500 records:
                        NW 2-2 with a game left against ESU
                        ESU 2-2 with a game left against NW
                        Harding 2-2, no more above .500 games left
                        Henderson 2-1, game left against OBU and a loss to an under .500 team

So yes, the record against .500 will be different (give or take how a couple of close to .500 teams end their seasons which could move them above or below that line).

However, the point still exists that how the rankings are today are based on today's data. The poster I responded to said "Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking."
                        That's only relevant for the data for today. It could be different by the end of the season. Based on what I shared above, seems NW/ESU would have data to support a jump above Harding but who knows what happens if Henderson beats OBU.

Comment

• It definitely gets foggy thinking about the games where a team that is currently <.500 could end >.500. If MOWEST wins out, the winner of the NWMSU and ESU game will be 4-2, or 4-1 against teams >.500 with UCO Needing to split to remain over .500.

Comment

• Bottom line is, if you are a team with a chance to make the PO's, you better win out and let the chips fall where they may. Most of these teams in that situation have no one to blame but themselves it they don't make the PO's.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Current v. .500 records:
                              NW 2-2 with a game left against ESU
                              ESU 2-2 with a game left against NW
                              Harding 2-2, no more above .500 games left
                              Henderson 2-1, game left against OBU and a loss to an under .500 team

So yes, the record against .500 will be different (give or take how a couple of close to .500 teams end their seasons which could move them above or below that line).

However, the point still exists that how the rankings are today are based on today's data. The poster I responded to said "Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking."
                              That's only relevant for the data for today. It could be different by the end of the season. Based on what I shared above, seems NW/ESU would have data to support a jump above Harding but who knows what happens if Henderson beats OBU.
                              but from the sound of it there will be no difference in NW/ESU winner and Harding (if they win out) once the full schedule is complete.
                              That's the part I was responding to. I think we are are on same page.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Would PI be sensitive enough to produce a significant difference between teams that would otherwise be equal in a silo scenario? For example, Harding vs NW? I have no idea how PI is calculated is why I'm asking.
                                Go Hounds!
                                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                                Cyclone Power
                                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X