Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Henderson likely loses to Ouchita Baptist, but yes. If Pitt takes care of business and Ouchita takes care of business, I think, provided ESU or NWMSU win out, they get the 7 seed.
    It’s a decision made by the football committee. What the regional advisory committees and the national committee have been told is that nothing will change in regards to selections. Seven teams are still going to be selected from each of the four Super Regions and that process will not change. It’s only once the national committee starts to bracket: seeds 1-4 will stay in what we’ll call their home region. Seeds 5, 6 and 7 are basically at large teams and not seeded and can be placed anywhere on the bracket that can reduce the number of flights.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

So ESU really didn’t change between Inkblot and the official rankings (#9) but NWMSU came out better with them being #10 in the official and was #11 in Inkblot predictions. Main difference was Harding being the #8 instead of Henderson State.

PSU is #2 in the region.

Comment

I'm struggling to understand what they did with the 7-2 teams.

Comment

Harding is the ? for me. I figured they would have a weaker SOS than ESU and NWMSU? So how does that change things for the MIAA? Does it help it with the ESU/NWMSU match-up being #9/#10 now?

Comment

IF NW sneaks in at #7 I’d much rather get moved out of Region than play #2 PSU in the Jungle again!

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              IF NW sneaks in at #7 I’d much rather get moved out of Region than play #2 PSU in the Jungle again!
              Same here. I want them to move Pitt to SR1

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Same here. I want them to move Pitt to SR1
                Convince them you're in western Pennsylvania...

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  They won't do that in week 1...remember seeds 5-7 aren't "seeded" but rather matched up to avoid conference games in week 1, and avoid flights in week 2.

I would bet ALOT of my assets that Grand Valley is #1 and Ferris is #4 if both win out. And if Indy makes it in they are #5. That GUARANTEES a drive for Indy to Ferris State Round 1, and then either a drive to Grand Valley for the winner of that game. Saw it last year, and i bet it happens again.

So it matters not who "sneaks" in at #7...cause its not #7...youre in a "drawing" with all the other "#5-#7" seeds in the whole tournament and then the national committee plays geography tetrix with google maps...

Can see a NW going to Augie or Mankato or Sioux Falls and then a Wayne State to Pittsburg, KS...or Harding traveling to Delta State and a West Florida to Ouachita, etc.

But then SOMEONE is going to have to fly to Angleo...so that makes it all crazy anyways...but you get the point...

Comment

I think the 7 seed comes down to Davenport and the winner of ESU/NW. Davenport will probably lose the next 2 but has a nice OOC win and no bad losses. If Truman beats Indy I'm not sure how the MIAA gets a second team in over a 2 loss Davenport who has a W over the winning and what will be the #5 team in the RR.

For the MIAA to get the second team in, Davenport loses both, Indy beats Truman winner of ESU/NW gets the 7 seed or at least a good argument for it. If Davenport wins one or Truman beats Indy the road for the MIAA gets very cloudy.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                      I'm struggling to understand what they did with the 7-2 teams.
                      7-2 teams all play silo. Harding, NW and ESU all have 2-2 record against >.500. Harding, NW and ESU beat 6-3 teams. NW, ESU lost to 9-0 and 5-4 teams. Harding lost to 9-0 and 7-2 teams. Henderson is 2-1 against >.500. They beat 7-2 team and 6-3 team. They lost to 6-3 team and 4-5 team. Just a guess.
                      Last edited by CatFan88; 10-31-2022, 04:01 PM.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

If Ferris loses to Davenport, they might be on that bubble...only played 9 D2 games, and Central Washington COULD be below .500 by the end of the year, and Lenoir-Rhyne is gonna be 6-5 i think...so their strength of schedule won't be that great either...could you put them in with only 5 in-region wins compared to silos who would all have 9 in-region wins? Wowsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Convince them you're in western Pennsylvania...
                          Just pencil that H on the end!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

It’s a decision made by the football committee. What the regional advisory committees and the national committee have been told is that nothing will change in regards to selections. Seven teams are still going to be selected from each of the four Super Regions and that process will not change. It’s only once the national committee starts to bracket: seeds 1-4 will stay in what we’ll call their home region. Seeds 5, 6 and 7 are basically at large teams and not seeded and can be placed anywhere on the bracket that can reduce the number of flights.
                            IIRC they still rank them, but 5,6,7 are interchangeable wrt their region and opponent with the intent to reduce conference rematches and flights in the first and second round. It’s why Kearney got moved out west last year, and central Washington was moved into SR3.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

7-2 teams all play silo. Harding, NW and ESU all have 2-2 record against >.500. Harding, NW and ESU beat 6-3 teams. NW, ESU lost to 9-0 and 5-4 teams. Harding lost to 9-0 and 7-2 teams. Henderson is 2-1 against >.500. They beat 7-2 team and 6-3 team. They lost to 6-3 team and 4-5 team. Just a guess.
                              One of Indy/Truman will likely finish with 2 losses while the other will only have one.

Comment

Harding has two teams left to play under.500. that could affect their percentage

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X