Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locks at this point...GVSU, Davenport, OBU, Pitt St., Ferris St., Indy, Truman St. Truman and Indy's record against >.500 took a hit with McKendree getting mauled by SBU. Assuming Truman takes out McKendree next week, that would eliminate McKendree from their >.500 records. I think Truman can absorb another loss more than Indy because of their overall metric and OOC metric. In any case, that leaves NW, ESU, Henderson St. and Harding in a dead heat for the final spot, at this point.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Henderson will probably drop third vs oauchita the Last week. If indy beats Truman then I believe both get in and miaa gete only one

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        Henderson will probably drop third vs oauchita the Last week. If indy beats Truman then I believe both get in and miaa gete only one
        If you are one of the 2-loss teams looking up...1) You have to win out. 2) Hope Truman loses to Indy and McKendree or 3) Truman beats McKendree and Indy.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

There is a lot of scenarios where gliac gets three . Glvc will get one but has a high chance of two esp since Truman should have a very high out of conference metric. Ouachita will get in unless they drop both but I just don't see that even though the Henderson game is always wild ( it is probably the greatest rivalry in D2) . That leaves one from miaa and it won't be a two loss emporia team unless Pitt looses both and emporia beats NW and takes the conference.
          If Pitt lost both, they would still have the h2h over Emporia.
          At this point, I will just be happy if there are any redshirts left by playoffs.

Comment

The teams who game the current system start to make me mad sometimes, but it helps to remember that playoff expansion was done in attempt to ensure that the best 24 still get in and the 8 extra are just done as an act of of politics/charity.

Comment

If Henderson State wins out and beats Ouachita, I'd expect them to be the top 2-loss GAC/MIAA team. Otherwise it'd probably be the Emporia/NW winner.

Comment

IF NW finishes 9-2 what teams from the other 3 SR3 conferences would need to lose for NW to sneak into the last slot?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  IF NW finishes 9-2 what teams from the other 3 SR3 conferences would need to lose for NW to sneak into the last slot?
                  Henderson State is the main one. Indianapolis losing to Truman would probably help too.

Comment

Doesn't Henderson still have to play OBU?

Comment

Henderson vs obu. And Truman vs Indy. Last week are the two big games. Truman looses to Indy I think Truman will sneak in because the have all those in region non conf games and wins. I don't think Indy gets in with two losses

Comment

I went back and looked. I am not sure about the glvc conf winner. Because both are loaded with our of region wins both lost to a gliac but Truman loss was to davenport not Saginaw. Neither should be in conversation except the out of conf wins and the fact that most schools in their conf will end up near .500 .

Comment

I went back and looked. I am not sure about the glvc conf winner. Because both are loaded with our of region wins both lost to a gliac but Truman loss was to davenport not Saginaw. Neither should be in conversation except the out of conf wins and the fact that most schools in their conf will end up near .500 .
                          All of Truman’s nonconference games count as in-region. And, with Hillsdale beating Ashland yesterday, barring something crazy, all four of Truman’s nonconference games will be against teams that finish above .500. Huge advantage on both MIAA and GAC schools in contention.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

This was the only region immune to chaos today...
                            SR1 was pure carnage

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              None. NW will be grandfathered into the mysterious 0 seed. It assures NW an auto bid into the Natty against the least deserving SR1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

SR1 was pure carnage
                                SR2 was worse, with three teams losing to regionally unranked opponents.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X