Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearcats at Lakers

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bearcats at Lakers

    Decent football weather predicted for next Saturday at Lubbers(39/32). Hopefully the snow or rain forecast for Thursday and Friday won’t hamper the trip north.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-20-2022, 12:01 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Decent football weather predicted for next Saturday at Lubbers(39/32). Hopefully the snow or rain forecast for Thursday and Friday won’t hamper the trip north.
    Had enough of my share experiencing Michigan 'lake effect' in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, etc, etc to know that weather guys up there attempting to call weather during the winter months more than 24 hours out a total crap shoot. Been a dozen years, tho. Nightmares linger. Hopefully, they've got it turned around up there.

    Hope the forecast stands, tho. God help us we don't see the winter fiasco that brought the wind, freezing temps and sleet during the 2007 fiasco when NW hosted GVSU in that semi-final game in the 'Ville. Brutal.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-20-2022, 01:41 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

      Had enough of my share experiencing Michigan 'lake effect' in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, etc, etc to know that weather guys up there attempting to call weather during the winter months more than 24 hours out a total crap shoot. Been a dozen years, tho. Nightmares linger. Hopefully, they've got it turned around up there.

      Hope the forecast stands, tho. God help us we don't see the winter fiasco that brought the wind, freezing temps and sleet during the 2007 fiasco when NW hosted GVSU in that semi-final game in the 'Ville. Brutal.
      My 2nd favorite Bearcat PO game behind the 1999 Championship. Omon outrunning Carr for the 98 yard score.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power

      Comment


      • #4
        [QUOTE=ZubCat81;n720591]

        Had enough of my share experiencing Michigan 'lake effect' in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, etc, etc to know that weather guys up there attempting to call weather during the winter months more than 24 hours out a total crap shoot. Been a dozen years, tho. Nightmares linger. Hopefully, they've got it turned around up there.

        Hope the forecast stands, tho. God help us we don't see the winter fiasco that brought the wind, freezing temps and sleet during the 2007 fiasco when NW hosted GVSU in that semi-final game in the 'Ville. Brutal.

        Or the “freezing fog” bowl up at UMD in 2010, for that matter, or the 2016 NC.

        Comment


        • #5
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power

          Comment


          • #6
            Should be a good one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Weather looks about as benign as one can expect this time of year. We're just getting over a lake effect event that dumps almost 2 ft across the region. You cats not flying? I suspect you're right around the flight mileage limit.
              As for the game. I'll be interested in seeing how effective the GV D will be vs the improving NW O. I suspect that will determine the winner. I can be polite and say it'll be a good game, but full disclosure, GV has a score to settle and I'm hoping they settle a lot of it Saturday. ;-)

              Comment


              • #8
                if memory serves me NW is 5-2 vs GVSU
                1-2 in Florence(title games)
                2-0 @ NW(both playoff games)
                2-0 @ GV( 1 playoff/1 regular season).
                NW is likely the biggest underdog since the ‘05 title game but at least the team gets to spend Thanksgiving together again. NW O vs GV D is the key. If NW limits turnovers, penalties and missed FG/PATs they may be able to give GV a good game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  Weather looks about as benign as one can expect this time of year. We're just getting over a lake effect event that dumps almost 2 ft across the region. You cats not flying? I suspect you're right around the flight mileage limit.
                  As for the game. I'll be interested in seeing how effective the GV D will be vs the improving NW O. I suspect that will determine the winner. I can be polite and say it'll be a good game, but full disclosure, GV has a score to settle and I'm hoping they settle a lot of it Saturday. ;-)
                  Perfectly understandable. Anyone who has played NW more than once hates them. They're just really hard to like.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

                    Perfectly understandable. Anyone who has played NW more than once hates them. They're just really hard to like.
                    Respect, yes, like, no. Now as for that team north of us. Respect, no, like no. HATE, yes. :-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      we've looked good offensively against cupcakes in the past. that's all that was yday. they'll have to do that against a real team for me to believe we've improved & we'll get just that chance next week. this will be the best team we've played by far this yr & we've lost twice so you do the math.

                      sat would be the biggest upset since i arrived on campus if we won, largely b/c we're usually the fav but still.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                        we've looked good offensively against cupcakes in the past. that's all that was yday. they'll have to do that against a real team for me to believe we've improved & we'll get just that chance next week. this will be the best team we've played by far this yr & we've lost twice so you do the math.

                        sat would be the biggest upset since i arrived on campus if we won, largely b/c we're usually the fav but still.
                        I agree… I’m not convinced the Northwest O has improved. Hohensee is healthy so that obviously doesn’t hurt, but there wasn’t a lot of resistance yesterday for anything we tried to do. We’ve managed to look like that against several of the lower teams on our schedule, while looking completely inept against some of the better defenses in this league. GV isn’t OBU.

                        I’ll feel like we accomplished something if we’re still in it and have a chance in the 4th quarter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

                          I agree… I’m not convinced the Northwest O has improved. Hohensee is healthy so that obviously doesn’t hurt, but there wasn’t a lot of resistance yesterday for anything we tried to do. We’ve managed to look like that against several of the lower teams on our schedule, while looking completely inept against some of the better defenses in this league. GV isn’t OBU.

                          I’ll feel like we accomplished something if we’re still in it and have a chance in the 4th quarter.
                          I agree. NW had a great game yesterday, but it was against a super soft defense. This weekend will be the real test.

                          Same goes for Pitt. They have played exactly nobody this season. Ferris will be their first real test.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's tough reading this threads with all the sand in my eyes. ;-)

                            I wish the MIAA would play OOC. It's tough to get an eye test of your teams.

                            I guess some teams have to fill out the rankings, but Indy didn't seem to be that tough. Still Pitt handled them fairly easily So, I would expect a solid match up vs Ferris. Ferris can be its biggest enemy. They didn't turn it over yesterday, but they seem to be TO prone as well as getting penalized. Their O is tough on the ground, but it seems to be due mostly to the QB... whoever it is. The D can be formidable, but all along I've wondered about their back end. They get away with a ton of grabbing in the GLIAC. Not sure how the refs will call that Saturday. Make no mistake FSU likely deserves the top 5 ranking. Yet they are beatable.

                            As for GV. They're on a mission.. one that got even more focused after the Ferris game. They don't play mistake free, but typically they don't make many and they force the other team to make more or they just take advantage of a weakness. I thought our corners are suspect, but they've become more solid with each contest. It's no accident that GV's D leads the nation in scoring D. GV is deep on both sides, which allows them to roll in fresh guys. It also make individual stats look pretty vanilla with lesser playing times.
                            I'm still nervous about Saturday... especially due to NW's pedigree and seemingly improving team each week. With that, I'd easily rather be in GV's shoes.

                            Anyone making the trek to Lubbers?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              It's tough reading this threads with all the sand in my eyes. ;-)

                              I wish the MIAA would play OOC. It's tough to get an eye test of your teams.

                              I guess some teams have to fill out the rankings, but Indy didn't seem to be that tough. Still Pitt handled them fairly easily So, I would expect a solid match up vs Ferris. Ferris can be its biggest enemy. They didn't turn it over yesterday, but they seem to be TO prone as well as getting penalized. Their O is tough on the ground, but it seems to be due mostly to the QB... whoever it is. The D can be formidable, but all along I've wondered about their back end. They get away with a ton of grabbing in the GLIAC. Not sure how the refs will call that Saturday. Make no mistake FSU likely deserves the top 5 ranking. Yet they are beatable.

                              As for GV. They're on a mission.. one that got even more focused after the Ferris game. They don't play mistake free, but typically they don't make many and they force the other team to make more or they just take advantage of a weakness. I thought our corners are suspect, but they've become more solid with each contest. It's no accident that GV's D leads the nation in scoring D. GV is deep on both sides, which allows them to roll in fresh guys. It also make individual stats look pretty vanilla with lesser playing times.
                              I'm still nervous about Saturday... especially due to NW's pedigree and seemingly improving team each week. With that, I'd easily rather be in GV's shoes.

                              Anyone making the trek to Lubbers?
                              Sounds like Gliac and MIAA refs are the same when it comes to PI. If you don't tackle them to the ground before the ball gets there, they won't call it. If you do, it's a 20% chance that they will call it.

                              You are preaching to the choir when it comes to ooc. we all hate it. We just don't have any stroke to get it changed.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X