Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Southern Football NCAA Violations

Now we know why Coach Simms was let go so quickly in late 2020. Glad to move beyond this era in MSSU Football and on to the Attiba Bradley era.

www.ncaa.org/news/2022/12/9/media-center-missouri-southern-state-failed-to-monitor-its-football-program.aspx

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Now we know why Coach Simms was let go so quickly in late 2020. Glad to move beyond this era in MSSU Football and on to the Attiba Bradley era.

www.ncaa.org/news/2022/12/9/media-center-missouri-southern-state-failed-to-monitor-its-football-program.aspx
    Interesting. Hadn't really heard any rumblings about this...

Was it known among the MoSo community?

Also interesting in the difference in severity of punishments vs. high level D1...while it looks like a lot less, when comparing budgets and financial status it could amount to being a lot more.

Comment

I’m shocked that a coach that had at least one athlete die under his tenure at his former team would cheat at his next school. Shocked I say
      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Also interesting in the difference in severity of punishments vs. high level D1...while it looks like a lot less, when comparing budgets and financial status it could amount to being a lot more.
        I had not heard any rumblings. In late 2020 / early 2021, both Simms and the AD were asked to leave within a matter of weeks of each other. This was just a few months after a new President came in to the university.

At the time, I had thought the new President didn't want a football coach with the past that Simms had that Bearcat Dude is referring to. I also thought the AD was let go due to either disagreeing with the Presidents move, or due to the President not being happy with the AD for hiring someone with Simm's past.

In the back of my mind, I always wondered if there was more to it, but had never heard any rumblings. This all happened during the COVID era, so there were not many in-person athletic functions or much chance to hear any rumblings.

Comment

I had not heard any rumblings. In late 2020 / early 2021, both Simms and the AD were asked to leave within a matter of weeks of each other. This was just a few months after a new President came in to the university.

At the time, I had thought the new President didn't want a football coach with the past that Simms had that Bearcat Dude is referring to. I also thought the AD was let go due to either disagreeing with the Presidents move, or due to the President not being happy with the AD for hiring someone with Simm's past.

In the back of my mind, I always wondered if there was more to it, but had never heard any rumblings. This all happened during the COVID era, so there were not many in-person athletic functions or much chance to hear any rumblings.
          Gotcha...was kinda surprised I hadn't heard anything about it...but if you hadn't then I can see why I hadn't!

Looks like you guys are heading in the right direction. Now, if your WBB team would just slow down some! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
            I’m shocked that a coach that had at least one athlete die under his tenure at his former team would cheat at his next school. Shocked I say
            Right?! One of the slimiest, dirtiest, rotten-to-the-core person you'll ever have the displeasure of meeting. MoSo would be in much better shape had they hired Coach Bradley instead

Comment

Gotcha...was kinda surprised I hadn't heard anything about it...but if you hadn't then I can see why I hadn't!

Looks like you guys are heading in the right direction. Now, if your WBB team would just slow down some! ;)
              I definitely think we are. Coach Bradley is a great coach, and even better person. I think he will take us to new heights.

Lol! I want to see those girls keep soaring and growing as a team. That game against your daughters team last Saturday was very intense and entertaining. MoWest is one of the teams that scares me the most. We won't have to see them again until the tourney. I am very happy for this team and for Coach Ressel. He is such a good man, and am glad to see him having success after so many years of being on the borderline of even qualifying for the conference tourney. The fact that we have several local ladies on the team whose families can enjoy the success, makes this team even more special. Got another tough one next Tuesday against UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Right?! One of the slimiest, dirtiest, rotten-to-the-core person you'll ever have the displeasure of meeting. MoSo would be in much better shape had they hired Coach Bradley instead
                He was a very good salesman, and had everyone sold otherwise. He is very good at selling himself, is a great motivator, and makes people want to run thru a wall for him. After 1 or 2 wins total in 3 years, all of us were easy prey. He sold hope, and we were buying. After a while, I think people started seeing it ... and with today's news are learning the real extent.

But, that is the past. Coach Bradley is our present and future and is building a program the right way. If we had hired him back in 2019, we would be 2-3 years farther along and would be in better shape. But I do believe Coach Bradley will get us there.

Comment

I definitely think we are. Coach Bradley is a great coach, and even better person. I think he will take us to new heights.

Lol! I want to see those girls keep soaring and growing as a team. That game against your daughters team last Saturday was very intense and entertaining. MoWest is one of the teams that scares me the most. We won't have to see them again until the tourney. I am very happy for this team and for Coach Ressel. He is such a good man, and am glad to see him having success after so many years of being on the borderline of even qualifying for the conference tourney. The fact that we have several local ladies on the team whose families can enjoy the success, makes this team even more special. Got another tough one next Tuesday against UCM.
                  Yeah, they had their chances to win that game...couldn't handle Southern's physicality late...it's killing her to have to sit out this year. Coach Ressel offered her coming out of HS and reached out again when she went in the portal. So, he'll always be good in my book.

Picked up a big "W" last night vs. UNK...gave up a lead in the 4th again, was getting a little nervous, but the girls finished this one out...Hays tomorrow...talk about a gauntlet to start the season with MoSo, UNK and Hays in the first 4 games.

I think it is huge for smaller schools to have some local/area kids on the roster, especially if they're getting good minutes...helps attendance and all around enthusiasm around the program.

Comment

As a current employee at MSSU I had heard for a few weeks now that the findings of the investigation were going to become public. Just weren’t sure of an exact timeline. Safe to say the football program and entire athletic department are in better hands now than they were during the Sims era.

Comment

Eh, it obviously hasn’t impacted their winning. I’m sure everyone else is doing similar things, MSSU just got caught.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                        Eh, it obviously hasn’t impacted their winning. I’m sure everyone else is doing similar things, MSSU just got caught.
                        If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying as the saying goes.
                        Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                          No, I seriously doubt that. Those are pretty serious infractions.

Comment

respect to the dude picking up that $8k tab. poor roi though
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Wonder what sparked the investigation. To me the biggest infraction was the money. However, he financial part may now be moot if the monies are couched as NIL. Let the fun begin.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X