Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

And having a bye week apparently wasn't an option for anyone.
    Can't imagine it was for the teams with only 5 home games of which one was Lincoln. Since the silo schedule meant you had 6 home games one year and 5 the next economically it makes little sense to take a bye week for a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Can't imagine it was for the teams with only 5 home games of which one was Lincoln. Since the silo schedule meant you had 6 home games one year and 5 the next economically it makes little sense to take a bye week for a home game.
      I meant "not an option" as in not allowed... it appears that anyone who couldn't find a replacement was required to keep the Lincoln game.

Comment

I meant "not an option" as in not allowed... it appears that anyone who couldn't find a replacement was required to keep the Lincoln game.
        I honestly hate how the conference handled this whole thing. Should’ve just told Lincoln to kick rocks.

Comment

Without going into details, they definitely pushed the envelope to make a very attractive game happen but weren't allowed to do it. Damn National Communists Against Athletics...
          FSU at a neutral site?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I honestly hate how the conference handled this whole thing. Should’ve just told Lincoln to kick rocks.
            Keep in mind that Lincoln is still a member in every other sport until Fall 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              FSU at a neutral site?
              Nope

Comment

Hadn't asked that question...initially I believe it was said if you couldn't find another game you could play Lincoln, but I don't know that for sure. Perhaps it was a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I agree. I blame NW.

Comment

Hadn't asked that question...initially I believe it was said if you couldn't find another game you could play Lincoln, but I don't know that for sure. Perhaps it was a requirement.
                    This was in Pitt State's release for the USF game:

Lincoln's future departure makes all contests between MIAA schools and the Blue Tigers in 2023 non-conference games. It also opened the door for MIAA schools, with mutual consent from Lincoln, to drop the Blue Tigers in 2023 in favor of seeking alternate opponents.

Comment

This was in Pitt State's release for the USF game:
                      The miaa blurbsaid something similar.

"With mutual agreement, MIAA teams can explore different schedule options for their games against Lincoln in the 2023 season. All home and away game dates, including the contest with Lincoln, will be played as scheduled unless conditions are approved by the MIAA protocol."

Comment

So are all the 2023 Lincoln games locked in, or is there still a possibility of someone else getting a noncon?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X